shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about a vintage ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

piper12

Rough_Rock
Hello! I bought this ring at an antique shop about a year ago. It has five diamonds that are estimated at about 20 points each. The diamonds are very clean and white. The inside if the band says it''s 14 karat gold but it also says "exquisite" and "F1". Does anyone know what these last two marks mean? The "exquisite" is in cursive writing. Thanks for you help.
4.gif

picresized_th_1222251463_DSC00188.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don;t have a clue but its lovely!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it is cursive could it be an engraving? The ring is lovely.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you able to post a picture of the inside engraving? I believe the "Exquisite" is the company that made the ring. I used to have a sapphire and diamond ring with the same engraving that was purchased from Best...does anyone remember that store? If you are able to post a picture I can tell you if it is written the same way that it was in mine.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 6:33:54 PM
Author:piper12
Hello! I bought this ring at an antique shop about a year ago. It has five diamonds that are estimated at about 20 points each. The diamonds are very clean and white. The inside if the band says it''s 14 karat gold but it also says ''exquisite'' and ''F1''. Does anyone know what these last two marks mean? The ''exquisite'' is in cursive writing. Thanks for you help.
4.gif
Exquisite is a wedding jewelry company that made the ring if i remember correctly.I remember seeing rings with this script in the early 1980s to 90s.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 12:07:05 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Are you able to post a picture of the inside engraving? I believe the ''Exquisite'' is the company that made the ring. I used to have a sapphire and diamond ring with the same engraving that was purchased from Best...does anyone remember that store? If you are able to post a picture I can tell you if it is written the same way that it was in mine.
YES!I should have read this post closer...Exquisite was a line sold by Best and its several stores and catologs.who remembers Dankin jewelry catologs in the early 1970s through the late 1970s....I think that Best bought them out.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 1:18:30 AM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 9/24/2008 12:07:05 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Are you able to post a picture of the inside engraving? I believe the ''Exquisite'' is the company that made the ring. I used to have a sapphire and diamond ring with the same engraving that was purchased from Best...does anyone remember that store? If you are able to post a picture I can tell you if it is written the same way that it was in mine.
YES!I should have read this post closer...Exquisite was a line sold by Best and its several stores and catologs.who remembers Dankin jewelry catologs in the early 1970s through the late 1970s....I think that Best bought them out.
Gosh, I loved BEST when I was a kid...them and US Merchandise. You could go there and buy anything from bling to lawn furniture!

piper12

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses! I have always wondered what the story was behind this ring. I can''t seem to find my camera, otherwise I would take a picture of the inside for you to see. When I took this ring to a jewelry shop to get the diamonds checked the salesperson was so rude to me about it because he told me the stones "were too clear to be real diamonds". When the jeweler came out and confirmed that they were he was pretty flustered! Thanks again!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results