shape
carat
color
clarity

quality of a ring setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Versailles79

Rough_Rock

Hi All Pricescope Experts,

My fiancé proposed to me with a diamond and so I am in the market for engagement settings.

I was wondering if there are things I should watch out for in terms of picking a setting and picking a jewelry setting? The reason why I ask is that I saw a setting on diamonds.com and the quality of the setting and its prongs did not look strong to me for some reason. The prongs looked really "rough." I don’t want my diamond to fall out of my setting.

Also, how do I know if a particular jeweler has good craftsmanship?

Thanks.

Versailles79

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of setting are you after? What shape stone? What metal?

Platinum prongs are, in my opinion, your safest bet. If it''s a round, I say 6 prongs, no question.

Versailles79

Rough_Rock
How do I post a picture in the forum? I want to post the pictures to show you want I am talking about... thanks!!!

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/28/2005 2:17:08 AM
Author: Versailles79
How do I post a picture in the forum? I want to post the pictures to show you want I am talking about... thanks!!!
Versailles79,

If the picture is saved on your computer, just hit "reply", then at the top of the reply box is an "Attach File" option. Browse to the picture, then choose "upload".

If that doesn''t work, ask Leonid for help ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results