shape
carat
color
clarity

quality control question... please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

josephg

Rough_Rock
WF did a great job on our ring, it was "inspired" by the tiffany legacy. I have had it for 2 weeks, valentines day delivery (actually less because we had to send it back for resizing, so it has been in our posession for less than 10 days). There are pave'' diamonds half way down the shank. This morning my fiance'' had noticed that one of the pave'' diamonds was missing off of the shank. There is nothing on the WF website that addresses this type of issue. What should I do, and what do you folks think should be done? I would think this is due to the workmanship or possibly the resizing because it is the diamond furthest down the shank. Thanks for the help in advance.

JosephG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would contact WF immediately. I am sure they will be more than happy to help you with this problem. We have seen no problems with them in the area of customer service - just give them a call.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto what MGR said, contact WF ASAP - I am sure they will go all out to make this right for you.
36.gif

josephg

Rough_Rock
do you think they should fix it for free or do you think it will cost me to get it fixed?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This I don''t know, could depend on how long ago you bought it and their particular policies, best to go ahead and ask them.

josephg

Rough_Rock
i have had it since valentines day, then sent it back for resizing which took 3-4 days so she has only worn it for like 10 days, there are no policies about craftmanship warranties or anything like that on their site.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think it would be best to ask them, as they would be able to answer best and then you know exactly what the situation is. They are a great company and I am sure they will make it right for you, but regarding if you have to pay anything I really don''t know, sorry.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I''m curious how much you had the ring sized.

josephg

Rough_Rock
had the ring resized from 6 to a 5.5.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 9:24:49 AM
Author: josephg
do you think they should fix it for free or do you think it will cost me to get it fixed?

If its determinded to be a workmanship issue they will fix it for free.
If its found to be damage or wear they will give you a quote for fixing it.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Joseph,

Thank you for the kind comments on the ring. Please call in asap so we can assist you. The prior posters are correct - we have a lifetime warranty against manufacturing issues on our work, so if that is the case we will gladly restore it for you.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It isn''t so uncommon to have this sort of problem - especially shortly after paved jewelry pieces are purchased and put to the rightful use. The good news is that... most mishaps on well-made pieces happen when the jewelry is new and whatever issues may be are exposed by a bit of wear. Some jewelers would fix the sort of thing free, other may charge. It is not a big deal either way.

I can''t tell you what the charge may be (if any) because #1 I am not WF, and #2 dunno what exactly happened with the ring: if it just happened that a bead loosened and let a diamond fall that can be fixed asap without further comment. If there is some structural damage involved, no idea. Same as going to a doctor with a bad headache - it could be a cold, or...
40.gif

Sure enough, so soon after the purchase it is assumed wear is less likely to be a cause of damage. Making an exact determination of what is to blame every time is a big problem. And this is why your story sounds like a matter of customer service rather than jewelry forensics - it almost never gets that far. The exceptions are really ugly cases - thinking of claims made in court. Definitely not a matter of one pave bit biting the dust.

My 2c

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you may want to check with a local jeweler on the cost to replace a the missing stone. It may actually be cheaper than the postage to send the ring back to WF unless they will cover the shipping costs both ways.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 11:37:52 AM
Author: mrssalvo
you may want to check with a local jeweler on the cost to replace a the missing stone. It may actually be cheaper than the postage to send the ring back to WF unless they will cover the shipping costs both ways.

You very well may be right about this and, personally, I'd much rather have a local jeweler take care of problems than having to send my ring away each time there's a maintenance issue; however, it is my understanding that by having an outside jeweler work on the ring in any way, the lifetime warranty is voided. Perhaps WF can clarify their policy, but I am quite sure this is the case. Just something to keep in mind.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 12:13:46 PM
Author: Demelza

You very well may be right about this and, personally, I'd much rather have a local jeweler take care of problems than having to send my ring away each time there's a maintenance issue; however, it is my understanding that by having an outside jeweler work on the ring in any way, the lifetime warranty is voided. Perhaps WF can clarify their policy, but I am quite sure this is the case. Just something to keep in mind.
Demelza is correct. As with many expensive purchases the warranty is voided if an outside company works on it. Additionally our diamond will precisely match the ones in the setting where other melee may not.

josephg

Rough_Rock
I would not want anyone else but WF to work on it because they really did do such a great job. As for an update WF is going to fix the problem as many of you thought was the case. We are also taking advantage of the time that they have the ring so they can make a wax of it to help them make a matching wedding band which i''m sure will be just as great as the ring. My Fiance'' works for a high end retail company which was able to ship the ring for free (insured) for us so that did not become an issue and WF told me it would not cost me anything to have it fixed and shipped back. So we are very happy with the results and thanks everyone for the help.

Joseph G.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results