shape
carat
color
clarity

QC/Iowa/Illinois g2g - take two!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Would anyone like to meet up for a get-together this fall? My schedule (and Dancingqueen has also mentioned her schedule) is pretty open on weekends - last time, we''d mentioned Peoria as a possibility since it''s relatively a mid-point for the QC/Eastern Iowa and the Central Illinois folks, but I thought I''d try to get a conversation going again :)

Also - I know there are a few of us who are in the QCA. Would anyone be up for a mini-g2g? We could perhaps just meet for coffee some Saturday (late?) morning.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Pick me! Pick me!
I''ll come
36.gif

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Saturday late mornings are a perfect time for me! The only weekend I am not available is Sep. 18 -- my mom is coming to visit!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Of course you''re picked, Starset! I''m looking forward to meeting ya! Would you be comfortable coming up here to Quad Cities?

I think we might be closing on a house near the end of September, so I would be out then, and I think I''ll probably run down to ISU for homecoming (early Oct...I can''t remember the date), but otherwise my weekends are pretty open, also.

Do you ladies want to try to do this sooner or later?

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock

It doesn''t matter to me. At this point, the only weekend I am not available is Sep 20-21.

Elmorton -- are you not available Saturday, the 27th. Just wondering if that is an option for you? Or, we could try next Saturday, the 13th, but maybe that is too soon for Starset?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Oh oh, now it looks like my weekends are getting picky. I love September 27th!

edited - Quad Cities would be a 3:15 drive, but yes, I would

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My little boy is having surgery on Sept 22, So the weekend prior to and after that would be out. And, we''re closing on a house on Oct 10 so that weekend and possibly the next would be out for me.

I''ll actually be moving closer to the QC. I''ll only be around 1:15 away.

BUUUTTT.....my car broke down last night and I don''t know what''ll be happening with that. So, don''t hold out for me if you guys would prefer to gtg sooner than later.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My guess is that the 27th is probably out for me...we don't have a closing date yet, but we're hoping it will be sometime during the week of the 21st. The 13th (next weekend) would be fine with me..but I'd definitely rather meet on a date when all of us can make it if that's possible.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Elmorton -- it''s up to you... I could meet you for coffee next weekend or we could wait for a larger g2g later on. Sounds like it would probably be mid-October before we could get the larger group together?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I want to play! I''m in the quad cities

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Dancingqueen and Sizzle - would you be interested in doing a mini-g2g for coffee next Saturday?

And then maybe we could look at mid-October for a g2g with the rest of the group?

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Yes, next Saturday works for me. Where do you want to meet and what time? Do you have a favorite coffee spot? I like them all... Panera, Starbucks, Coffee Hound. Any other ideas?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Panera is usually a mad zoo on Saturdays...is Starbucks the same? I know where the one on Locust is and the one on 53rd. Where is Coffee Hound? Would it have a little less traffic? I just want to be able to spot each other.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I actually don''t go to Starbucks all that often so I don''t know how crowded they are on Saturdays. I usually go to the one close to Home Depot and it hasn''t been that crazy the times I''ve been there.

Coffee Hound may not be that convenient for you -- it''s in Bettendorf on Devil''s Glen Rd. However, it''s usually pretty quiet and they also have a few outdoor tables. It''s just a small coffee shop, but they have great coffee. One of my favorites!

Borders (by Bed Bath & Beyond) is also an idea... But, they might be crowded on Saturday too.

I don''t care. I can meet in Davenport too if you have any other ideas for a good spot.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I can do either the Starbucks by Home Depot or Coffee Hound - I definitely wouldn''t mind trying out a new place for coffee! What time would work for you?

I wonder if Sizzle is still checking out this thread??

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock

It doesn''t matter to me... 9, 10, 11:00? What works for you?

I''m equally happy with either of those two places. Coffee Hound is a small little shop with a couple of tables and a few sofas. That Starbucks is obviously a bit larger and has more food choices.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
A big ETA: ACK. I had just hit submit on my reply when I realized that our home inspection got moved from Friday morning to Saturday. It's at 8am and should take about 3 hours...is 11:30am at Coffee Hound (sounds cute!) a possibility for you?

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
11:30 is ok with me. No problem. Do you know where Coffee Hound is? If not, it''s on Devils Glen Road in the block between Middle and Tanglefoot. It''s in the small strip with Healthy Habits bike shop and a bridal shop.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I think I can find it. :)

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Just so you know who to look for... I have dark reddish brown curly hair and I''m 5''9. Most likely I''ll be wearing a ball cap of some sort (I''m lazy and hate dealing with my hair on the weekends). Also, my "real" name is Shelly. I feel silly saying "Hi, I''m dancingqueen!!" even though a few of my friend already call me that!

I guess I better get my US cleaner out and do some work on my rings too! They have been neglected the past few weeks!

See you Saturday!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this! I totally want to play too!!!! I think I''m available at that time. If I can make it, I''ll be sure to wear one of my swarovski studded shirts!!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyy!!! I''m excited to meet you both! So you can flag me down - I''m about 5''5", brown hair and I''ll probably be wearing an Illinois State t-shirt or sweatshirt (I think it''s supposed to rain like crazy this weekend, ick). Oh! And my name is Katie :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results