shape
carat
color
clarity

Pyrope & Amethyst:Are these decent ones or find another?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hi peeps, I need your thoughts for these gems I saw... especially the Pyrope. I''m not a fan of this deep red garnet but this one caught my eye (esp. its cut) So I''d like to hear thoughts too if these are worth buying... Fairly priced though.

Here: 8.2mm octagon Pyrope

pyrope.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
And the Amethyst: 10mm, octagon cut

amethyst_octagon_shape.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the pyrope will be very dark.

I don''t like the picture of the amethyst. The table reflection makes it nearly impossible to judge the stone. Why would the seller use that image?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with Lady D. That pyrope is going to be awfully dark stone where you probably won’t be able to see that same colour in that picture unless you shine a very strong light at it. The amethyst looks more promising from the reflection, but again, a face on picture is best for judging gemstones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree the pyrope looks like it woud be dark. The amethyst looks promising but without a face on shot it''s hard to tell.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LD, Chrono & Marcyc. I realized that I''m really not into pyrope garnets and will never be hehe. I think it''s next to impossible to find a nice stoplight red pyrope that isn''t too dark... As for the Amethyst, I think I''ll ask the seller for more photos. It''s a brazilian material though (makes it unglamorous noh?)
5.gif
Will try to find for a JXR or 4 Peaks rough and send it for cutting instead. Thanks again for your posts & comments.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results