shape
carat
color
clarity

Put a Fork in Me -- I''m Done!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
HI,
I was thinking of getting the knife edge band and was wondering how comfortable it is for you?
I was also wondering where you got yours from?
I was looking at the Tiffany website and saw that the knife edge band is $375, but when I went on the superbcert website, I see it is $450.
Also, when I went on the BTD website, it is something like $650.

Isn''t it weird that it is actually cheaper to get it cheaper from Tiffany''s?
Also signedpieces has a real tiffany one for $190, but the inside stamp is all screwed up and i can see some dents on it.

So, how do youn like the band? Also, how does it fit next to your e-ring?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 1:37:37 PM
Author: butterfly 17
HI,

I was thinking of getting the knife edge band and was wondering how comfortable it is for you?

I was looking at the Tiffany website and saw that the knife edge band is $375, but when I went on the superbcert website, I see it is $450.

Isn't it weird that it is actually cheaper to get it cheaper from Tiffany's?

Also signedpieces has a real tiffany one for $190, but the inside stamp is all screwed up and i can see some dents on it.

That's so funny you mentioned that the real Tiffany knife-edge band is cheaper than the SC knock off -- I noticed that the other day and was floored! How is that possible?? I never really priced them out before purchase because I knew I wanted the one that would match my mounting perfectly which meant buying from Superbcert. But it's really strange that Tiffany's would be the better bargain!

As for comfort -- I find both rings totally comfortable. I don't even think I had to get used to the knife-edge. They're definitely more comfortable than my shared prong wedding set.

It fits really nicely with my ering, which makes sense since they're a matched set. It's not a perfectly flush fit, but very close.

What are you thinking of getting the band for? To wear on its own or with another ring?? Do you have a new project in the works???

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 9:35:20 PM
Author: cutey TT
Date: 7/11/2006 2:00:18 PM

Author: Demelza

Kayla -- I so hear ya on this! If you know that you''re a color and clarity nut, I would definitely advise not to make any compromises just for size. I love a huge stone as much as the next person, but, in the end, the size of my ''I'' wasn''t enough to compensate for the compromises I made in the other Cs. If you love everything about your stone now except for the size, my advice would be to wait until another stone comes up in the size you want that has ALL of the characteristics of this stone. Otherwise, it may be a recipe for regret and dissatisfaction. I''m sure that that 2.32 G, SI1 WF stone was absolutely amazing, but I just knew that I would be unhappy if I was able to see an inclusion from any angle. I suspect you would have been the same way. It sucks to be like this because I''m sure we miss out on some large, gorgeous stones at great prices, but better to know this about yourself now than do what I did and lose money.

I am right there with you...I can''t get past my fixation on color and clarity. I just bought a pair of earrings from WF, and while Brian suggested that I go a little bigger and get I colored stones, I just couldn''t do it cuz of the warmth I was seeing from the side. Even though I knew that especially with earrings, no one would ever be looking at them from the side, I just couldn''t do it and ended up going with an E and F pair (it was a mind-colorless thing). BTW, I get to pick them up at the end of the week...I''m so excited~!

My next *big* project is an e-ring upgrade -- targeting sometime in the spring. I keep trying to convince myself that I can get a bigger eye-clean SI1 stone, but I know myself all too well...if there is even a teeny-tiny barely visible inclusion it will just bother me to no end...same thing with color. My current stone is an F and I''m basically thinking that I need to stay pretty much in the colorlessness range. Since you''re saying that you don''t see a hint of color in your *beautiful* G stones from the sides, I''m assuming I won''t be able to either (so that''s definitely good to know).

Anyway, I''m definitely glad to see that I''m not alone with my color / clarity hangups. Once again, Demelza, I''m so glad you found the perfect stone that you love, love, love everytime you look down at it. Hopefully I will find a stone that I feel the same way about once I start looking...

Just seeing this now for some reason. Congrats on your earrings!! When do we get to see a picture of those?? How big are they??

As for your upgrade, I doubt you''d see a difference in color between an F and a G, but so much of that depends on how sensitive you are. I can''t see any yellow in my G -- even with my I, it was only some of the time. But I know that some people can see the difference between a D and an E. To me, a G is a totally "mind clean" color and I think it would allow you to go bigger. Can''t wait to see what you get!!!!

Nope you''re not alone with your color/clarity hang-ups! They''re expensive hang-ups to have, but I do feel so much better having gotten this straightened out!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2006 2:10:46 PM

Date: 7/15/2006 1:37:37 PM
Author: butterfly 17
HI,

Isn''t it weird that it is actually cheaper to get it cheaper from Tiffany''s?

That''s so funny you mentioned that the real Tiffany knife-edge band is cheaper than the SC knock off -- I noticed that the other day and was floored! How is that possible?? I never really priced them out before purchase because I knew I wanted the one that would match my mounting perfectly which meant buying from Superbcert. But it''s really strange that Tiffany''s would be the better bargain!

As for comfort -- I find both rings totally comfortable. I don''t even think I had to get used to the knife-edge. They''re definitely more comfortable than my shared prong wedding set.

It fits really nicely with my ering, which makes sense since they''re a matched set. It''s not a perfectly flush fit, but very close.

What are you thinking of getting the band for? To wear on its own or with another ring?? Do you have a new project in the works???
The real Tiffany knife-edge e-ring and the wedding band are both thinner and lighter than the superbcert replicas. The real tiffany wedding band is especially light so you aren''t getting much platinum at all. This is probably why it''s cheaper than the superbcert ones.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dem ~
emrose.gif

I just had to come and check your gorgeous diamond ring out once again ... daughter is ohhhhing and awwwing!
emsmilep.gif

I don''t know what happened to my original post, but let me say it again!

Congratulations on a gorgeous diamond!
36.gif

Your diamond is glistening!
18.gif
emlove.gif

It is so blindingly sparklie
emsmiled.gif
and .... your
emphoto.gif
''s are so amazing!
emthup.gif

Just loving them all!
face23.gif

Daughter espically loves this
emphoto.gif
! And when you have more time, we would love to see more
emphoto.gif
''s of your new gorgeous beauty!

Have a great day!
35.gif

1dems.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I just have to say, if I were to ever *GASP* go round, your ring would be it. IMHO it''s the perfect size for a round stone and I LOVE the setting!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Talk about classy! I''m too lazy to read all the posts to see who makes it, but I think that setting is fantastic! And having a G/VS2 is such the sweet spot--congrats on the perfect ring for one of the sweetest PSers (you deserve it)!
36.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 7:11:26 PM
Author: researcher
I just have to say, if I were to ever *GASP* go round, your ring would be it. IMHO it's the perfect size for a round stone and I LOVE the setting!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Talk about classy! I'm too lazy to read all the posts to see who makes it, but I think that setting is fantastic! And having a G/VS2 is such the sweet spot--congrats on the perfect ring for one of the sweetest PSers (you deserve it)!
36.gif

Awww, thanks!!!! That's very sweet!! The setting is made by Superbcert -- it's their Tiffany Replica. There are a few of them around here. Thanks again for your kind comments.

Mrs. DJ -- Thanks to you and your daughter!!! Glad she liked the pics!!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I took a few more pics today. Unfortunately, I think many of them are very close to ones I''ve already posted. I think I might be a one trick photo pony, but I''ll put them up anyway.

GVSonindex0001_2.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Similar pic, different angle...

GVSonindex0001_3.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

GVSonindex0001_5.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

GVSonindex0001_4.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
last one....don''t know why I took all of these on my index finger

GVSonindex0001_6.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You sure are tempting me to get that setting!!!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning!!! Yes...makes me want a solitaire too!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dem ~
emrose.gif

Whoa ... kewl new pics!
18.gif
emlove.gif
30.gif

Your diamond is so sparklie, it''s almost like it''s filled with electricity ... or maybe electricity meets water and kaboom!

Just gorgeous!
3.gif

Thanks for the new
emphoto.gif
''s ... definately drooling from ''afar!

Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
OH MY! It is fantastic, really stunning!
18.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yummmm!
such a beautiful stone!

there can never be too many pics!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dem, you mention a while ago that you had it set by a jeweler in Washington? Can you tell me which jeweler and where? I really like how it was set. DH's family lives there and we visit pretty often. I'm kinda anal about the prong tips and don't like the way superbcert does theirs. Everyone else thinks my ring is fine the way it is but it bothers me so I'm contemplating having mine fixed. I assume reseting is not a problem since you had your stone swapped out?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Dem, your ring is just beautiful! The stone is AWESOME!!!
Congrats again, to you!
36.gif
36.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 3:08:56 PM
Author: CareBear
Dem, you mention a while ago that you had it set by a jeweler in Washington? Can you tell me which jeweler and where? I really like how it was set. DH''s family lives there and we visit pretty often. I''m kinda anal about the prong tips and don''t like the way superbcert does theirs. Everyone else thinks my ring is fine the way it is but it bothers me so I''m contemplating having mine fixed. I assume reseting is not a problem since you had your stone swapped out?

I''m happy to tell you the jeweler''s name, but he didn''t do anything to the prong tips. They''re as they were when the mounting left the SC factory. I actually asked him about having them shaved down and he said that, for safety reasons, he would leave them as is. He said that, in his opinion, having tiny little prong tips simply isn''t safe. Do my prong tips look different from yours? What about them bother you? Anyway, the jeweler is in Bellingham, WA (about an hour and a half north of Seattle and an hour south of Vancouver, BC). It''s called GB Heron and the bench jeweler''s name is Garry.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2006 3:51:22 PM

Date: 7/17/2006 3:08:56 PM
Author: CareBear
Dem, you mention a while ago that you had it set by a jeweler in Washington? Can you tell me which jeweler and where? I really like how it was set. DH''s family lives there and we visit pretty often. I''m kinda anal about the prong tips and don''t like the way superbcert does theirs. Everyone else thinks my ring is fine the way it is but it bothers me so I''m contemplating having mine fixed. I assume reseting is not a problem since you had your stone swapped out?

I''m happy to tell you the jeweler''s name, but he didn''t do anything to the prong tips. They''re as they were when the mounting left the SC factory. I actually asked him about having them shaved down and he said that, for safety reasons, he would leave them as is. He said that, in his opinion, having tiny little prong tips simply isn''t safe. Do my prong tips look different from yours? What about them bother you? Anyway, the jeweler is in Bellingham, WA (about an hour and a half north of Seattle and an hour south of Vancouver, BC). It''s called GB Heron and the bench jeweler''s name is Garry.
Dem, I''m happy with the prongs themselves but the part that folds over my diamond is a bit too long and "sharp". makes my diamond look less round. The tips of your prongs are more rounded which I like better. I also think it covers the crown too much. From the side profile, the prongs are almost half way to the table.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Simply gorgeous. Elegant and refined--great choice!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sigh, those pics were amazing. Yumm Yumm Yummo!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful Demelza !!!
30.gif
36.gif

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
I loooooooove your ring! Gorgeous all around!!! :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
carebear i love love love the way wf made my prong tips on the stuller...they are like little claw prongs and all it took was some polishing and shaping. also in terms of safety, i figure i''ve got 6 now and i used to have 4 so i don''t know how one 10000th of a mm is going to make a diff in protecting my diamond esp since the part that is on the stone is what is trimmed down anyway. big prongs is a total pet peeve of mine so i would totally recommend getting yours trimmed down if you want them visually different. IMO it does make a difference in the ''look''.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Demezla,

Your pictures are to die for, particulary the last few.
Your diamond looked like it''s plugged in and is just glowing like a lightbulb.

genette

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if it was mentioned in this thread or elsewhere I just skimmed through the writing and was caught up in the pics, but how wide is your knife edge e ring?

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
i just love looking at your stone, it''s absolutely beautiful
30.gif
the colors and sparkle that you caught on camera are amazing. if looks that ways in pics, it must totally be blinding in person
3.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 8:21:57 AM
Author: fashionsweetie
I don''t know if it was mentioned in this thread or elsewhere I just skimmed through the writing and was caught up in the pics, but how wide is your knife edge e ring?

The ering is somewhere around 2.5 mm at the widest point (on either side of the head) and then immediately begins to taper. To my eye, the knife-edge makes the band seem a bit thinner than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results