carat
color
clarity

Purse issue...need advice please

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
MC|1374812006|3490553 said:
DiamondsOnly|1374800830|3490446 said:
Went to Coach and there's good news and good news. :)

1. They exchanged out my purse so Ill be getting a brand new one in a week. Same purse which is being discontinued and had limited quantities, thank goodness I don't have to find a new one. *sigh of relief*

2. I got money back. :). $10 but Ill take it.

Glad everything worked out for you...Regardless of where the bags are made, Coach does have exceptional customer service. Once I found a pink bag I liked on sale at Macy's and it was sold out in black and I took a picture of the sale price, with my phone, and then went over to the Coach store and they honored the Macy's sale price on the black color. Then they sent me a thank-you card and the gal called me to thank me over the phone.

Now, I just be sure to shop when they have their 25% F&F deals.

Oh, and eBay has a coach outlet and I was reading the reviews and it sounds like THAT is where the fakes are being sold. Lots of complaints.

Thank you! I am so relieved that I don't have to search for a new one at the store otherwise I'd be there for hours. lol I'm hoping that 3rd time is a charm. :)

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock

1. They exchanged out my purse so Ill be getting a brand new one in a week. Same purse which is being discontinued and had limited quantities, thank goodness I don't have to find a new one. *sigh of relief*

Glad everything worked out for you...Regardless of where the bags are made, Coach does have exceptional customer service. Once I found a pink bag I liked on sale at Macy's and it was sold out in black and I took a picture of the sale price, with my phone, and then went over to the Coach store and they honored the Macy's sale price on the black color. Then they sent me a thank-you card and the gal called me to thank me over the phone.

Oh, and eBay has a coach outlet and I was reading the reviews and it sounds like THAT is where the fakes are being sold. Lots of complaints.

I used to get those in the mail from Coach, but haven't in awhile. Maybe now I will start to receive them since I had an exchange (recent activity). :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1374828457|3490611 said:
Dancing Fire|1374817953|3490580 said:
[quote="MC|1374811540|3490551
Where did she buy her wallet? If she bought it at Nordstrom or Coach, it's not a fake. All of my newer coach bags are labeled as made in China and I bought them all from either Coach or Nord. Funny thing is I bought an older "pre-loved" one on eBay and it was made in Costa Rica and I took it into the Coach store to see if it was authentic and they told me it was a fake because their bags aren't ever made there. The gals all then became curious over this so they called customer service and looked up the serial number and after about 10-15 min, they discovered that that particular one WAS authentic. It also had a couple features that other Coach bags do not have, but sure enough, it took the customer service department to do some investigating to find that there are a few unique bags that don't fit the standard.

I don't know, but my daughter's Coach is also made in China. Maybe both of them are fakes... :bigsmile:

Yes, they probably are!!!

If they bought them at a dept store like Nordstrom, Macy's, or a Coach store, they're real. If they bought from some person selling on the sidewalk or from an eBay Outlet Deal that they're getting emails from, and clicking on a link to lead them to eBay, then the bags are fake.[/quote]
they bought it from a Coach outlet store.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiamondsOnly|1374861083|3490899 said:

I used to get those in the mail from Coach, but haven't in awhile. Maybe now I will start to receive them since I had an exchange (recent activity). :)

If you have a FB account, you can "like" Coach on FB and codes will become available.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1374864866|3490937 said:
MC|1374828457|3490611 said:
Dancing Fire|1374817953|3490580 said:
[quote="MC|1374811540|3490551
Where did she buy her wallet? If she bought it at Nordstrom or Coach, it's not a fake. All of my newer coach bags are labeled as made in China and I bought them all from either Coach or Nord. Funny thing is I bought an older "pre-loved" one on eBay and it was made in Costa Rica and I took it into the Coach store to see if it was authentic and they told me it was a fake because their bags aren't ever made there. The gals all then became curious over this so they called customer service and looked up the serial number and after about 10-15 min, they discovered that that particular one WAS authentic. It also had a couple features that other Coach bags do not have, but sure enough, it took the customer service department to do some investigating to find that there are a few unique bags that don't fit the standard.

I don't know, but my daughter's Coach is also made in China. Maybe both of them are fakes... :bigsmile:

Yes, they probably are!!!

If they bought them at a dept store like Nordstrom, Macy's, or a Coach store, they're real. If they bought from some person selling on the sidewalk or from an eBay Outlet Deal that they're getting emails from, and clicking on a link to lead them to eBay, then the bags are fake.
they bought it from a Coach outlet store.[/quote]

The bags from the Coach Outlet Store are real. I've heard various stories, but most are either, certain designs are sold at the outlet store at discount and also that styles no longer sold in the main stores are sent to the outlet to be sold at discount. Those are not fakes. There is an eBay Outlet that I kept getting emails for and so I logged onto eBay and looked at the reviews and one obvious indicator was the seams didn't line up properly. Another common complaint was the bag sent looked used (so maybe that outlet/whatever it is sells returned bags).

The safest is to wait until a 25% discount code comes along or a Nordstrom/Macy's sale and then if a person wants to save a few additional dollars, is sign up with ebates and order the bag online and get a rebate check (which is only worth the effort if you use it for every online purchase, which I do.)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rebecca Minkoff is made in China, sadly. But I will still buy at least one. I have three at home right now, trying to decide on which color to keep.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I disagree that "made in China" automatically means that something is crap. Sure, goods from China are often known for being notoriously cheap, but that doesn't mean that everything is. I have a fairly large collection of high-end, well-known designer dresses (that retail for around $1000 or more) that are made in China. The fabric, materials, construction, craftsmanship, etc. is impeccable and I have not had any quality issues.
As far as Coach is concerned, I am not a fan. When I was younger, Coach was sort of my starting point for higher-end designer bags and I have since moved on (to higher end luxury designers) and wouldn't consider going back just for that reason alone. However, I do believe that their quality is good, at least on their leather products.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I usually post in preloved and CS, so this is my first post over here :)

I thought I'd add my perspective (that of a former handbag junkie. At one point I collected handbags like I now collect CS).

I agree with another poster that Coach is more of a starting off point in the realm of buying luxury handbags. I personally started off buying Dooney, then Coach, then moved to designers like Kate Spade, and eventually to my favorite, Louis Vuitton. I eventually sold off all of my LVs, and now I just keep a couple of unique leather coach bags, one Kate Spade large leather bag, and I have a little Dooney leather carrier.

I personally still find that Coach's leather bags are good quality, I still buy and enjoy them. I don't buy canvas bags from any brand; I feel like the name brands charge FAR too much for bags that aren't even made of leather. I especially dislike how LV charges ridiculous amounts for their canvas bags (my favorite bags ever are LVs Vernis leather bags, talk about beautiful).

But yes, Coach bags are now made in China. Coach hasn't made anything in the US for many years now to my knowledge. I don't know if EVERY bag is made in China, but I do know that all Coach bags are made overseas, and every Coach bag I've ever owned (all authentic, all leather) has been made in China. As far as using eBay to buy Coach - its actually quite easy to buy authentic bags on eBay. There are many, many, many authentic bags on eBay. However, there are also quite a lot of fakes. I don't recommend buying a bag on eBay until you've familiarized yourself with the brand enough to be able to tell the difference, but once you have, eBay is a great resource for buying bags. I personally can't stand paying $500 for a Coach bag only to know that it will be worth $150-200 in resale value after it has been used (and that's if the bag is still in great shape or if I'm lucky!!). I switched to LV for awhile partly bc they are bags that will hold their value far better than Coach or Dooney. I do still buy both of those brands, but only preloved bags that show very little wear. My last two Coach bags were limited edition leather totes, a style that retailed for $500+ new, but I got one gently used, and of course authentic, for $80, and my other one like new for $70, which is what I still consider one of my best eBay buys ever. I would not advise shopping for bags like this to those who aren't very familiar with the product/or particular line that they are shopping for. But my point is that the secondary handbag market is completely flooded with authentic Coach bags that go for super cheap prices. If you know your stuff, you can get amazing deals on eBay on the real thing. It's definitely not all fakes out there. I got my last two bags from people like me who used to be handbag junkies just selling their extra bags off to move stuff out of the closet, lol.

I realize this type of buying is not for everyone though, and it can take time to find the right bag for the right price and in the right condition (smoke free, etc) - I spent months stalking bags before I got the $70 I consider my "best buy". I enjoy shopping this way though bc I get the bags I like without the far higher price tags. Also, for any of you who don't know, eBay used to have a great purse forum. You could go there and find experts on every brand, and they were willing to help authenticate bags for anyone who wanted to ask about an auction. I used to post over there daily but this was years ago - I assume it's still there as it was a very active board. It was a great resource and I learned a lot from hanging out in there. There also used to be lists of preferred ebay vendors for Coach and other brands.

Looking back at this post I suppose it seems ridiculously long and perhaps off topic to the OP as well - my apologies if it is at all out of place. This was a topic I used to know so much about (and still do I guess...) I just started responding and couldn't stop! Lol. To answer the OP question, no, I've never had an issue with any of my Coach zippers. I am very glad that their customer service is still good, and it sounds like they've resolved it nicely for you. Good luck with the new bag and hopefully no issues with it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results