shape
carat
color
clarity

purple tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I know..usually the pics are about cut stones but you know cut and rough/crystals go hand in hand..it's like when your child ask you were babies come from...well..same thing.."mommy where do gemstones come from"
9.gif
so i post lots of rough and crystal pics..i leave the gem pics up to everyone else
this is just a cool tourmaline crystal..color is way to dark once again..some of the coolest have issues..it's like a purple 4 color or 5 color crystal..the picture was taken backlit ..only good way to see color..but many different banding colors and it has a yellowish tip..you can see the darker and lighter different coilored banding

ppppr 6.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s cool but man without the backlighting it would be really dark! TFS

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sure is cool. Am Guy, do you carry a pen light with you all the time?
25.gif
Couldn''t resist that one.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If you''re a gem cutter, you''ve got a light and a loupe with you AT ALL TIMES! I haven''t left home except to work out without both in years :)

You never know when a rock will need inspection.

Cheers,

Lisa

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Always have my light, my loupe, and my collapsible golf bag full of digging tools..never know when a pile of rocks need a good looking through...trying to find knobby tires for it..thats my brother in-law in the pic..he hates that place in the pic..it's a 1/2 mile hike to the top of that mountain....only place he likes is JXR..always have the golf bag on wheels in the back of the truck..chalk full of digging tools..found it at the ole' goodwill store

ppppgh7.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Interesting example.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results