shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple eye candy - stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I found this a week or so ago, whilst browsing for something else.

It is truly beautiful in the colours it shows...

It''s large though - and as the description says - perhaps a collector or museum piece, or a very special piece of jewellery.

I am totally taken in by this beauty!

Purple

1.gif

AmethystMoreGemsLarryMoriarty.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 10:59:50 AM
Author:pwendyp
I found this a week or so ago, whilst browsing for something else.

It is truly beautiful in the colours it shows...

It''s large though - and as the description says - perhaps a collector or museum piece, or a very special piece of jewellery.

I am totally taken in by this beauty!

Purple

1.gif
I''ve gazed at that stone a few times Pwendyp, gorgeous isn''t it.

I can''t help wondering how it was staged and lit for it''s photoshoot though. What on earth would anyone do with a piece that size?

I guess I should ask Canuk-gal that question!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Amazing! Shows you how incredible even "common" stones like amethyst can be, but such pieces are reeeeealy rare and accordingly expensive (well, maybe not so expensive, but certainly not affordable).

P. S. That''s what depth of color is - not lightness or darkness, but a mosaic of diferent shades visible inside the stone (in this case accompanied by high color saturation). Wow!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Ma re, are you saying that you think that this amethyst would perform like that under normal every day lighting condidions?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous.

I would have no problem making a pendant out of it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2009 12:01:55 PM
Author: somethingshiny
That''s gorgeous.

I would have no problem making a pendant out of it!
+1
36.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2009 11:32:55 AM
Author: ma re
Amazing! Shows you how incredible even ''common'' stones like amethyst can be, but such pieces are reeeeealy rare and accordingly expensive (well, maybe not so expensive, but certainly not affordable).

P. S. That''s what depth of color is - not lightness or darkness, but a mosaic of diferent shades visible inside the stone (in this case accompanied by high color saturation). Wow!!!
Great way to put it Mr. Ma Rae, and that stone would make an awesome pendant. Amethyst that color with a high degree of blue and red flash, are very rare, even though Amethyst itself is common.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2009 11:59:10 AM
Author: Gailey
Ma re, are you saying that you think that this amethyst would perform like that under normal every day lighting condidions?
I think incandescent lighting tends to bring out the red flash in most deeply saturated amethyst. The lighting setup here is definitely showcasing the stone to it''s best advantage.
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone with great color.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
we discussed something like this once long ago - what to do with those enormous and gorgeous stones like that? have them put into a paper weight - a letter opener, a scepter etc. lol

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 11:59:10 AM
Author: Gailey
Define normal every day lighting conditions
9.gif

OK, every stone has it''s good and not so good lighting conditions, so it''s normal to expect it to look less spectacular every once in a while
2.gif
But even some very rare and very expensive stones look like gravel in certain lighting, well, almost like gravel. I remember seeing Oprah (on tv) wearing some big diamonds that looked like ordinary glass under certain light, so you never know.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Lots of thoughts and views on this lovely stone...

Lighting...I agree, seems to be bringing out the absolute best in this stone.

My not so small amethyst (see avatar) shows a tiny little bit of red in this image, and a little more in real life, but nothing compared to the gorgeous beauty above!

I love it, and if it were mine (but I have mine already!) it would go into a pendant - perhaps with the finest of diamond halo to surround it, worked in platinum perhaps...hmmmm, but isn't the consensus of opinion that yellow metal be used!

Perhaps the 'glow' is enough...without any additional colour, or adornments?

It's simply beautiful - just to look at from afar!

1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beauty! Has anyone ever bought from that site???

ETA: Oh Nevermind!! I just looked at the site and I can't spend as much as they ask for the stones I like
6.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t get the link to work because my computer is playing up tonight so I can''t see how big it is but isn''t it lovely? I doubt very much whether it will look like that all the time though. I have a 17.37ct trilliant cut that''s now set into a pendant and whilst I see pink, red and blue flashes, they''re not there all the time.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
The cut and colour are amazing.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s a killer amethyst. I would set it surrounded by carre cut kelly green emeralds.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA!!!!!!
18.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s no question that the stone is pictured at its best; which vendor would not want that? Even with that knowledge, I like the amazing play of red and blue within the stone. It’ll be great as a chocker but people don't wear them anymore except celebrities and royalty.

InTheFade

Rough_Rock
Amazing and very unique.

I could also see that making a great statement choker.

Honestly it seems very "rock" to me (as in the music). I picture if with black eye makeup and bright lips, an edgy piece that extroverts would wear
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results