shape
carat
color
clarity

purchasing sidestones yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if any one has purchased sidestones themselves through an online vendor. It seems like it might be kind of tricky. Should I leave this to a gemologist? I was looking on American Fancies website for trapezoids to go beside my EC but I''m not really sure what to look for.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know about this please?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were me, I would probably have the vendor source the sidestones. Are you thinking about having Leon make your setting?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I and a few others have sourced our sidestones separately.

The issue is that I have seen many a 3 stone ring where a great sparkly center diamond is put in with dead sidestones. The results is that the sidestones visually pulls down the centerstone.

So if you want to be sure that your ring is really great - feel free to source the sidestones.

Alternately, there are a few jewelers who are known to be very picky and will find you great sidestones (I belive Pearlman's is famous for this). GOG and NiceIce will also do this. Not sure about the others. However, I would be sure to explain what you are looking for - and be willing to wait for them to find them (it took me months before the matched set of sidestones that I wanted was located).

Just be sure that you know how to specify and identify really great sidestones. Rounds are easy. some of the other shapes may be tough.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results