shape
carat
color
clarity

purchasing a polarized light filter..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Se Um Oh

Rough_Rock

I¡¯m on diamond industry and have a microscope called Mark ¥¹ by GIA. Nowadays, I need a polarized light filter to attach the microscope because it helps me to find the characters of diamond. I guess that I ¡®ve seen a polarized light filter that we use with a microscope together on GIA INSTRUMENTS & BOOKS . Although I tried to buy the polarized light filter, I didn¡¯t find anyone, anywhere that sold the filter. Therefore, I hope that anyone who know the polarized ight filter to attach the microscope in GIA. I hope to know what I asked above

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I bought two filters at the local camera store and it works just fine. Not all GIA scopes have the same optic pods in them so start by carefully measuring what you have. Most have a threaded part at the end where you can attach various types of additional lenses and filters. Get one filter that fits just inside the light well and that you can rest directly on the partially closed iris and the other to screw into the fitting on the optic pod. I turn the one at the bottom to cross the polarizers and the one on the pod is fixed but you can do it either way and have the same affect.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results