shape
carat
color
clarity

Pssst - Rose Cut Fans, Lookie What I Got

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I got this awhile ago & finally took some photos (again at night indoors - so not the best pics...oh well).

This is a Norman Covan necklace in yellow gold with black rhodium plating and small bezel set diamonds. The pendant, also Norman Covan, is a rose cut diamond - somewhere around two carats & probably an L in color (that''s my guess anyway) set in yellow gold agan with black rhodium and with small pave diamonds all round.

rosecutpendant4.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Without the flash.

rosecutpendant.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think the craftsmanship on this necklace is amazing - even the back is well done! The rose cut diamond is backed with this carved yellow gold - all hand done.

rosecutpendantback2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The back again closer.

rosecutpendantback.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The pendant again. This is as warm as the color ever looks. I like it. I think the color (which is enhanced by the yellow gold setting and backing) plus the old cut makes the diamond look like it is "aged".

rosecutpendant2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Close up.

I love this necklace. I''ve worn it everyday since I got it.
1.gif
It turned my Hubby into a huge fan of rose cuts. Everytime he saw it for weeks he would comment on how much he liked it & tell me I had to "get more of those". Well okay - if you insist! LOL!
9.gif

I''ll have to get a photo of the clasp too because it''s really special.

rosecutpendant5.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful! So glad you are posting other beauty's from your collection!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I love the color combo of the black and gold!
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy. I don''t usually find myself attracted to yellow gold but I really think it looks right in this case. I''ll have to get better pictures. I think rose cuts might be the hardest to photgraph!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, how cool is that? Very nice!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I looove rose cuts! I just love your necklace and your taste in baubles!
Your collection(from what I''ve seen--and I have a feeling there''s MUCH more!)is just so lovely. I think your pieces belong on your "royal jewels" thread.
30.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness!!! I love it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I would fall over if my DH EVER told me to get more diamonds. Did he come that way or is he well trained???
3.gif
I love this necklace. I really like how antique and unique it is.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a great piece! Love the black, so unique!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
*gasp* gimme!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the more i see of rose cuts, the more i want one.....and as almost everyone knows, my heart belongs to color! i love the workmanship on the back also.

movie zombie

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous, LA!!! What a beautiful piece!!!
30.gif
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! another stunning piece from your amazing collection!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Lady A, what else are you going to surprise us with?????? That pendant is sooooooo beautiful, I love it and want one too. Now where on earth did you purchase this beauty???

Linda

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Lady A, this is GORGEOUS!!! You have such a beautiful collection...I want it all!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ACCKKK!!! I HEART IT. SERIOUSLY HEART IT.

Seriously jealous now
38.gif
38.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, LadyA! What a unique and beautiful piece. I love the interplay of colors with the YG, black and white! Once again another fabulous piece!!!

36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned my Hubby into a huge fan of rose cuts. Everytime he saw it for weeks he would comment on how much he liked it & tell me I had to "get more of those".

What magic words.....
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 6:26:04 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Wow I would fall over if my DH EVER told me to get more diamonds. Did he come that way or is he well trained???
3.gif
I love this necklace. I really like how antique and unique it is.
I think a little of both.
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 7:59:19 PM
Author: Linda W
OMG Lady A, what else are you going to surprise us with?????? That pendant is sooooooo beautiful, I love it and want one too. Now where on earth did you purchase this beauty???

Linda
Oh I have a few more things.
9.gif
31.gif

I got this at a trunk show at Boone and Sons. But I think you can find Norman Covan pieces around. He is generally famous for pendants that have tons of teeny colored gemstones in them - sort of stained glass looking. There were alot of them there.

There were also a few other necklaces with rose cuts in different shapes. But this is a antique stone and each necklace is hand made so they are all different. I think I remember a rose cut pear shaped pendant. There was also a ring that was very tempting, made up of many smaller round rose cuts. It also had the black rhodium. It was very cool but I eventually decided against it because it was a bit too UFO looking. There was also a rose cut marquise shaped ring that was very cool but Hubby didn''t like it so much so ixnay on that one too.
1.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I hope that at least some of you will get to see this in real life some day because I really think pictures will never really do it justice.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely and unique!

cheres--Sharon

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just beautiful!!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s really pretty - and I''m not usually a fan of rose cuts or yellow gold! It must look eight times better in person as well. Post a photo of the clasp when you take it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty and unique!
30.gif
You have some wonderful pieces! (I want your sapphire ring most, though!)

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 1:55:32 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
So pretty and unique!
30.gif
You have some wonderful pieces! (I want your sapphire ring most, though!)
Yeah - I think if there was a fire I''d probably grab my big blue sapphire first! But then again since I''m usually wearing this necklace it would probably be safe too.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results