shape
carat
color
clarity

pssssst.....Mara!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be in San Fran June 30th to July 4th while dh is workin....we should meet up! Lunch? Try on rings? Drool at some bbags?

diver...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hiya darlin!! thankfully someone saw you looking for me and emailed me...!! i'm traveling on business so not PS'ing really much.

anyway...OF COURSE i'd love to meet up with you...!! here's the thing...30th-3rd are all work days and i work about an hour from SF. so lunch in SF doesn't really work for me during the week. on the 4th of July, greg is actually out of town traveling...so i could potentially meet up but i might have bbq plans with friends...not sure about that day just yet!!

so if you CAN...potentially hop on the train in SF and take it down into the peninsula and meet up with me. it's super easy, it starts in SF so there's only one way to go...south! and then get off wherever the stop is and i can pick you up. i could totally do a long lunch that week depending on schedule...maybe at Stanford Mall in Palo Alto which is right near the train station. there are jewelers, lunch places, it's a beautiful outdoor mall that is kind of garden like with all the top stores (NM, saks etc).

let me know if that might work for you one of those days. thurs migh be best for me because my m-wed are kinda crazy with meetings and all that..it slows down towards the end of the week a bit. or potentially the 4th in SF might work for a late breakfast or something.

i'll try to remember to check this area over the next few days and see what you say ! i hope we can make something work cuz this meeting has been years in the making.
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Let me get more info from DH on where I''ll be what day, but that could totally work..or we could meet after work for some dinner somewhere! I''m easy. Stay tuned!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey DG....let me know if you have any more info on your trip!!! i hope we can coordinate something!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok...well...I guess its more complicated than I thought. We fly into San Fran on Monday morning, but dh is working (and we are staying in Santa Rosa).

Where is that in relation to SF?

Our flight leaves from SF on thursday at 3pm or something. Hmmm...this may not work!!
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Santa Rosa is further north than SF...about 20-25 min drive from SF (if no traffic). Soooo not fun there as it's a tiny suburb, what are you planning to do???

I def can't get into SF during the work week...I am so busy right now.

The only option would be if you could get into SF...take the train down to Palo Alto or similar and I could meet you/pick you up for a long lunch, then return you to train station. I know it's a total committment on time (about 40 min train ride from SF to PA) and not even sure if you have a car to get to the train station.

You COULD drive down from SR if you do have a car, a little more than 1 hour (if no traffic) from SR to PA...but again..it's just time related...not sure if you have the time or transport.

If we don't make it together this time...I will be sad but understand, timing is a b*#*&!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
What about Tues or Weds evening after work? Meet for a drink? If that''s no good, there will always be another time. DH will have the car during the day, but evenings work a wee better perhaps?

:)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOh....hope you guys can meet. I can vouch that Mara is *sorta* worth the trouble.
3.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara!! good news, I just spoke to DH and apparently we have to go to San Jose on Monday night. So I''ll be driving right thru Palo Alto on Monday & back through it again on Tuesday.

So either one of those days I can meet you for lunch!
36.gif

Let me know what time & a location & we can finally meet up!

DG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey diver! well if you are coming to SJ on Monday night...I live in SJ so we could meet for drinks or dinner if you wanted. just let me know cuz i have a training appt at 6:30 but i''d move it for you. ;-)

OR if that does not work...then tues lunch could work. if you are coming out of SJ...i actually work closer to SJ than PA....so we could meet in Mountain View...which has a cute little downtown area and lots of places to catch lunch. it''s about 10 min from my work and about 10-15 min from SJ if you are heading up 101 back through SF.

let me know which works better, dinner/drinks (i can do just drinks if you guys have dinner plans...are you going to be in downtown SJ?) on Monday or lunch on Tues. ;-) oooh i hope we can meet up.

and TG...PBBBTTT. you know you love me. i made you TJ''s pizza.
3.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Why did I think you lived in SF?

Well, lets do Mon night then if you want! I''ll have dh but he''s a pretty funny guy, at least I think so. LOL.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok mon night. i would bring greg but he is going to be travleing...so i am a free agent!
31.gif
do you know where you guys will be...aka downtown san jose? i am just assuming since if it''s for biz...a lot of people stay around there. i live fairly close so we can meet up almost anywhere...if you guys want to do coffee, drinks, or dinner...i am totally flex. if you want food, tell me what type and i will tell you where to meet. ;-) i have a training appt at 6:30, but i can see if i can move it up a little earlier, or we can meet around 8pm? either way, i can always resched my trainer to another night too. i''m excited to meet you guys...it''s been YEARS in the making!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh YAY!! Reschedule your trainer!!! We are staying at the Fairmont & we are foodies like you & Greg so we think you should pick the place!!

I am SO EXCITED!!!

35.gif
36.gif

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
oh duh, sorry was so excited i forgot to say...

yes, dinner & drinks...yes I believe the Fairmont is downtown...

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love the Fairmont, I work right near it!

Have fun, gals!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well we love The Grill on the Alley which is right at the Fairmont... we were just there on Friday...I typically have this thing about hotel restaurants but it''s very popular. If you guys are interested, check out their website: http://www.thegrill.com/sanjose/. It''s pricey but good.

Or another fun place for dinner is Seven on the Alameda. It''s about a 3-5 min drive from where you are, or you could walk (it''s about a mile). Parking is easy to find, it''s swank and kinda trendyand their food is quite good. http://www.7restaurant.com/

I''d say either one...Seven is faster for me to get to though....and parking is easier. Just depends on what kind of time limit you guys have, either is fine for me.

I could be at Seven at 7pm (ha ha)! If it''s The Grill more like 7:15. I will not be pretty, because I am doing trainer til 6:30 and just running home to shower..
2.gif

Random other adds...there is also Melting Pot which is a fondue place, not my favorite one because we have a FAB one in Los Gatos (10 min from SJ) but it can be hard to get into...but if you guys don''t have fondue then it might be fun for you to try Melting Pot. There''s also Paragon in SJ which is about 3 blocks from the Fairmont. http://www.paragonrestaurant.com/

I could go on and on! There are so many places. There is also a small neighborhood Thai place but not sure it''s open on Mondays. Anyway, thoughts? I''ll check this thread tomorrow, you just name it and I will be there.
1.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
We are here! Man, this hotel is nice! Me likey!

Dinner time sounds good & 7 at Seven sounds like a great idea! I''ll ask the front desk how to get there.

Let me know if that works & we will be there will bells...I mean bling on!

I''m wearing a black sleeveless top & black sweater...white jeans, long dark hair that''s all fried from the convertible Steve rented. LOL. Oh, and he''s a tall guy with silver hair. I think I''ll recognize you...I KNOW I''ll recognize the J!

I''m on Steve''s pc, so I''ll check it in a little while, and we''ll just plan on meeting at 7@7!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 2:58:24 AM
Author: star sparkle
Oooh, I love the Fairmont, I work right near it!

Have fun, gals!
35.gif
Thanks sparkle!!!
35.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Have fun, and POST PICS, kids!!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww lynn we''ll be too busy gabbing to take pictures hehee! but i''ll try to remember.
5.gif

DG we''re set for 7pm at Seven, i made a ressie. see you there!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have fun gals! I've been to seven and had a good experience, so hopefully you both will have a great meal and a great time!

(P.S. I doubt it will be as good as the TJ's pizza Mara made me though...
3.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Lynn...these pictures are for you hehhee. We managed to get a few shots. Blame my vodka mojito for unsteady ring taking hands..!

DG and her hub are fab....it was so fun meeting them and then spending a few extra hours after her hub left us...just chatting over spiked coffees!

Don''t worry TG you still hold a special place in my heart... ;-)

Rings...! Her halo''d boulder looked REALLY amazing and was fab on my hand...I have lots of ideas!

mara jeannine rings.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and us...! this photo does not show it that well but she has really amazing blue eyes and her long lashes just set them off, mesmerizing!

mara jeannine.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Awww, you guys are too cute! Looks like you had a great time, how fun!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cool...thanks for posting pics. So funny...I''ve met Mara, but feel like I''ve met Diver too, so that picture totally looks "real" to me...does that make any sense? Hm...

Glad you gals had fun. Mara, I''ll be up that way this year in the fall...better make a run to TJ''s!
1.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
FINALLY I get online!! (whats with wifi and hotels? $14? no way man! LOL)

I had SO MUCH FUN meeting Mara! She is so sweet and I have to say, her J ring & K pendant were all I had *hoped* for! I am now angling for an ACA pendant for my next pretty from hubby and you can bet Ms. Mara will be the first person I run stones past. Those suckers are so white (and I am very sensitive to warmth, but I could not detect any. too blinded by the good cuts) and I was so happy that we share the same ring size so I could try on her ring properly! Oh man, what a rock. It really is a lovely stone.

But, rocks aside, we had a great time, I felt like I knew her so well (I may not be on here a ton, but she was the first PSer I met in 2002--so I''m an oldie on the forum) and she took dh & I on a little tour of her town through some great neighborhoods with some old homes that were so pretty.

My hubby was pretty funny, he said we were discussing jewelery like guys discuss football.
20.gif

I''m just glad that hubby''s territory is in her neck of the woods! I''ll have to tag along more often!

I have some cute pictures too, but the cord to connect to my notebook is in dh''s briefcase & he''s off working.

Well, I''m off to go for a run, and then hang out by the hotel pool (we are in wine country now). I''m kind of at a loss for what to do with myself, I haven''t relaxed since Jake was born! But thanks for meeting us Mara & I''ll post those pics as soon as I get my hands on that cord!

DG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw, you gals look great. looking forward to more pics...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love the pics girls!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always have a TJ pizza for you, TG...just be sure you bring your little munchkin as ticket entry to the house!

Enjoy your time off, DG...!! Thanks again for a VERY fun Monday night...and I second the whole ''feels like I know you'' kinda thing, thats what happens when you chat online for ummm so many years. There was no stop in the convo! Thank your hub again for a yummy dinner...poor guy...he was like PLEASE drop me off at my hotel room and go talk about diamonds and kids somewhere else...PLEASE. heee. He was a trooper though!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Duh! Just now saw this thread updated with pictures! Thanks, thanks, thanks!
36.gif

LOVED them! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wah, wah, I am on the wrong coast for ALL OF THE FUN!!!
39.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results