shape
carat
color
clarity

PS''ers with big diamonds... DSS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/23/2009 3:25:49 PM
Author: plethora23
Date: 4/23/2009 2:21:23 PM

Author: elzny

My ring against my friend''s .97ct round with halo - an HOA setting. It looks just as big as my 3-ct...
Well that is one super thick halo! I still think yours looks bigger though
9.gif
Thanks Plethora23!
9.gif
My friend & I got our rings around the same time. I wanted a setting that''s as simple as possible, and she wanted something as elaborate as possible - she was totally into all the Tacori & Verragio styles. This halo she ended up with was actually relatively simple. But now I have to say I want something more "complex" looking!
9.gif
Did you get your 3ct round reset into that jack kelege setting? That thing must cover your entire figure!! I''m seriously thinking of having mine reset into a halo by Leon or Maytal... The more elaborate the better!!
36.gif

Check out below another friend of mine with a +/-1.4ct princess with a halo. Her friend is a jewelry designer, and made this ring for her. Beautifully done. With the halo it looks the same size as mine...

elznyprincess2719.jpg

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
side

elzprincessny2739.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 11:26:59 PM

My ring against my friend's .97ct round with halo - an HOA setting. It looks just as big as my 3-ct...
9.gif
Thanks Plethora23!
9.gif
My friend & I got our rings around the same time. I wanted a setting that's as simple as possible, and she wanted something as elaborate as possible - she was totally into all the Tacori & Verragio styles. This halo she ended up with was actually relatively simple. But now I have to say I want something more 'complex' looking!
9.gif
Did you get your 3ct round reset into that jack kelege setting? That thing must cover your entire figure!! I'm seriously thinking of having mine reset into a halo by Leon or Maytal... The more elaborate the better!!
36.gif

Check out below another friend of mine with a +/-1.4ct princess with a halo. Her friend is a jewelry designer, and made this ring for her. Beautifully done. With the halo it looks the same size as mine...
I love delicate dainty halo'es (like the one Leon did for my pear).

I think yours is very beautiful and big as it is but if you want to halo it, I'd definitely recommend Leon. A bit on the pricey side, but totally worth it.

(Btw, just between us, yours is much more beautiful than your friends'!
1.gif
I have to admit I don't like princesses with that kind of halo, it just look,... hmmm... I dunno... too harsh, just my opinion of course. Also, a friend of mine has her 3ct princess halo'ed like that and she constantly complains about the sharp corners jabbing her!).

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:26:59 PM

My ring against my friend''s .97ct round with halo - an HOA setting. It looks just as big as my 3-ct...
9.gif
Thanks Plethora23!
9.gif
My friend & I got our rings around the same time. I wanted a setting that''s as simple as possible, and she wanted something as elaborate as possible - she was totally into all the Tacori & Verragio styles. This halo she ended up with was actually relatively simple. But now I have to say I want something more ''complex'' looking!
9.gif
Did you get your 3ct round reset into that jack kelege setting? That thing must cover your entire figure!! I''m seriously thinking of having mine reset into a halo by Leon or Maytal... The more elaborate the better!!
36.gif

Yes, I did re-set it into the Jack Kelege imperial crown and am completely happy with it. I had a solitaire before and maybe it was just my particular solitaire but I thought it didn''t really make my diamond pop. The new setting showcases my diamond beautifully, is very comfortable to wear and I love the finger coverage. I was itching for an upgrade (5+ carats) and now I feel like I''ll be completely happy for a few more years
9.gif

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/24/2009 9:24:42 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date:
I love delicate dainty halo'es (like the one Leon did for my pear).

I think yours is very beautiful and big as it is but if you want to halo it, I'd definitely recommend Leon. A bit on the pricey side, but totally worth it.

(Btw, just between us, yours is much more beautiful than your friends'!
1.gif
I have to admit I don't like princesses with that kind of halo, it just look,... hmmm... I dunno... too harsh, just my opinion of course. Also, a friend of mine has her 3ct princess halo'ed like that and she constantly complains about the sharp corners jabbing her!).
Thanks Phoenix! Pear is so feminine & beautiful. Do you have closeup shots of your pear on PS? It looks beautiful in your avatar pic! I need to research more about the halo styles before making a decision on reset. At the mean time I'll just drool all over Leon's web catalogue!! I think my friend's ring is beautiful, but I agree with you in terms of the harshness of sharp edges & sharp angled sparks of princess stones. Personally I like more soft & antique look.

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade

Yes, I did re-set it into the Jack Kelege imperial crown and am completely happy with it. I had a solitaire before and maybe it was just my particular solitaire but I thought it didn''t really make my diamond pop. The new setting showcases my diamond beautifully, is very comfortable to wear and I love the finger coverage. I was itching for an upgrade (5+ carats) and now I feel like I''ll be completely happy for a few more years
9.gif
Wow - 3-ct RB with halo - that must look like it''s close to 6ct!!
36.gif
Do you have a thread on PS for close-up shots?

You know- I''ve tried on 5cts, even with my severe DSS, I don''t know if I can handle it - they honestly look like bricks on my finger!!
9.gif
I think I''ll focus on my reset for now.
31.gif

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 5:22:04 PM

9.gif
36.gif

You know- I''ve tried on 5cts, even with my severe DSS, I don''t know if I can handle it - they honestly look like bricks on my finger!!
9.gif
31.gif
I think it looks like 5 carats. If I ever get my 5 carat I think I''d have to halo it now because otherwise they''ll just look the same size to me.
My first shots weren''t so great because it was with my old camera...here''s the link. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/early-anniversary-present-my-re-set-is-here.91705/

I also have some shots in the SMTR arrows thread and the fire thread. Attached is a more recent photo.

P3230025web.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:04:52 PM

9.gif
36.gif

9.gif
31.gif
I think it looks like 5 carats. If I ever get my 5 carat I think I''d have to halo it now because otherwise they''ll just look the same size to me.
My first shots weren''t so great because it was with my old camera...here''s the link. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/early-anniversary-present-my-re-set-is-here.91705/

I also have some shots in the SMTR arrows thread and the fire thread. Attached is a more recent photo.
Drool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:54:25 PM
Author: bebe

9.gif
36.gif

9.gif
31.gif

Drool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Bebe! No halo regrets here. I love it!
30.gif

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade

9.gif
src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/31.gif" border="0">

Holy smokes, your ring knocked me off my chair!! It''s STUNNING!! Check out my ring against a 5.00 radiant that has a huge table (75%) which makes it look like a 6ct. I have 5.5 finger, so if your finger size is bigger, with that much coverage, trust me, it looks like a 6ct!!
36.gif
I love the contrast b/w your center stone & the halo. My concern w/ radiant is its crushed ice look, which may make it blend with the halo & lose its pop.

elzny5vs3rd.jpg

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
For kicks, 3ct radiant against 4ct asscher. In person, that asscher didn''t look much bigger at all, but it is beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful....

elzny3rdvs4asscher.jpg

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
For more kicks, heehee... against 5.05 cushion - super sparkly in person despite the bow tie...

elzny3rdvs505cushion.jpg

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wanna see over 20ct of diamonds on my un-manicured, paper-cut, dry hand???
36.gif

On my pinky is my 3ct radiant. Then L to R, top to bottom:
5.05 cushion - beautiful big facets,
5.09 cushion - higher crown, hence smaller looking but also beautiful,
5.00 radiant - big table, a bit glassy looking, lack of some height,
5.14 radiant - more traditional cut, very crushed ice look
It was a moment in life that I wish could freeze & last forever!!
10.gif

All my DH could think of is how many Ferraris these could buy. Sigh... guys, they just don't get it...
38.gif

elznyall5ct.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 11:04:30 PM
36.gif

10.gif

All my DH could think of is how many Ferraris these could buy. Sigh... guys, they just don''t get it...
38.gif
THUD....I JUST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR!
30.gif

Lori

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
I love that 5.05 cushion! My finger size is 4.75 so that''s not too far off from your 5.5 Elzy. You have some great pictures. I''ve yet to have the opportunity to try a lot of BIG diamonds on....patiently waiting...
9.gif

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 10:42:07 PM

9.gif
src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/31.gif" border=0>

Holy smokes, your ring knocked me off my chair!! It''s STUNNING!! Check out my ring against a 5.00 radiant that has a huge table (75%) which makes it look like a 6ct. I have 5.5 finger, so if your finger size is bigger, with that much coverage, trust me, it looks like a 6ct!!
36.gif
I love the contrast b/w your center stone & the halo. My concern w/ radiant is its crushed ice look, which may make it blend with the halo & lose its pop.
Thanks Elzny! I think if you have the diamond raised up a little in the setting it would tend to blend less with the halo. Just a thought.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

10.gif

All my DH could think of is how many Ferraris these could buy. Sigh... guys, they just don''t get it...
38.gif
Gorgeous bling.
I''m sick, I need to go review the upgrade policy at ERD.
These cushions put my chip to shame
prices on these babies?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note to Butterfly girl- I am so glad a ps girl got the 2.417 from whiteflash. Funny story-they called me a few weeks ago and said they had that stone cut especially
for me to my specs. In Dec, I called an ordered some earring for my daughter for christmas and asked about new stones. I told them my ideal stone was about
2.4 I VS2. My current one is a 1.7 J VS2. So I really hadnt asked them to get a stone specially for me, so it sounded a little funny. I also noticed that the stone
was posted online. So if they had it cut for me, why was it listed? I thought about it a couple days, and when I decided I was going to go for it, the listing said
sold. When I emailed Julianna and said let me know when something else comes in, she assured me she could still get me that stone and I had first shot at it, and
it shouldnt have been listed. Something about the whole thing just didnt feel right to me. I thought the stone looked good and the price seemed good.
I talked to Brian and Lesley and they were able to find me a 2.57 I VS2 for less. Now I am excited to see both stones. I especially liked your stone because it was
and H. They said they thought it was going to be and I, and when they sent it to AGS it came back and H. What a great deal. I just thought that was an interesting
bit as you never know what is really going on behind the scenes! Did you hear any of this from Whiteflash?

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/25/2009 11:32:49 AM

ld freeze & last forever!!
10.gif

38.gif

Gorgeous bling.

prices on these babies?
B - My God, of all people, YOU do NOT need an upgrade my dear!!
9.gif
They were all G/H VS1, & range from $115-$135K. That biggest looking cushion is the most expensive one though. I forgot the exact dimensions but I think it''s roughly around 11x13cm. It almost covers my entire finger width. I''m 5.5. It is really gorgeous, blings at you like crazy... The picture really doesn''t do its justice. These were actually seen at Mark''s office, so if you are in the area, go & take a look!!
36.gif

elzny5cushioncloseup.jpg

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/24/2009 11:30:42 PM
Author: loriken214

36.gif

10.gif

38.gif

THUD....I JUST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR!
30.gif

Lori
Heehee - I was having trouble keeping my hand still while taking the picture...

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/25/2009 12:01:07 AM
I love that 5.05 cushion! My finger size is 4.75 so that''s not too far off from your 5.5 Elzy. You have some great pictures. I''ve yet to have the opportunity to try a lot of BIG diamonds on....patiently waiting...
9.gif
Wow, you''ve got dainty dainty fingers!! A 5-ct with halo will spill over to other fingers!!
9.gif
Honestly, after I tried these little monsters, I think my 3-ct with halo will be the perfect balance.

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/25/2009 12:24:22 AM

Thanks Elzny! I think if you have the diamond raised up a little in the setting it would tend to blend less with the halo. Just a thought.
Thanks P! I agree. I''ve been browsing around on PS hoping to find some radiant with halos, I saw this one : https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-custom-whiteflash-engagement-ring.59481/, I don''t know if it''s the picture - it looks a bit too blended in with halo
Then I saw this one: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/veronicas-dream-cushion-finally-finds-a-home.113544/, I know it''s a cushion but it seems to be a cushion modified look (more crushed ice) so it''s closer to radiant. It''s a bit more contrasty... It''ll take some time to decide what to do
9.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 5:32:34 PM

Date: 4/25/2009 11:32:49 AM

ld freeze & last forever!!
10.gif

38.gif

Gorgeous bling.

prices on these babies?
B - My God, of all people, YOU do NOT need an upgrade my dear!!
9.gif
They were all G/H VS1, & range from $115-$135K. That biggest looking cushion is the most expensive one though. I forgot the exact dimensions but I think it''s roughly around 11x13cm. It almost covers my entire finger width. I''m 5.5. It is really gorgeous, blings at you like crazy... The picture really doesn''t do its justice. These were actually seen at Mark''s office, so if you are in the area, go & take a look!!
36.gif
I''m serious - my stone IRL does not look it''s weight. Too much depth. I''m having nagging buyer''s remorse, really bad.
When I was in ERD''s office, there was not much available, Mark brought in everything he found. If I upgraded, the additional money
would still be a freaking fortune. But I am not ruling out an upgrade that at least looks it''s weight, sometime. I could go on, but
I''m afraid of getting slammed!!
1.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Bebe- I am soo sorry you are not happy with the size of your stone. It is a freakin beautiful ring, regardless. I truly have not seen many prettier. You need to
love it everytime you look at it though. There is nothing worse than looking at your hand and not being totally thrilled with it. I hope you will be able to find a
stone that will be able to be modified in your setting that you love!

Plethora, I love your ring! I dont know how I missed it! I think I may go for that setting as well. Do you think the little diamonds on the inside of the main stone
make a big difference in sparkle? I remember when I looked at it in person it did, but I kind of put it on the back burner because of the cost, but I am upgrading
on last time and I think I may go for it. I considered having Brian make me a custom look-a-like for less but Kelege''s workmanship is heirloom quality. What do
you think?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
hey love2sparkle. I had no idea. I really just went to the wf website after reading maras post and saw the stone. The price was good. As soon as I saw it I checked on ps too and then I called. They told me more info about it and Redid the sarin then I thought they would put it on hold for 24 hours while I made up my mind but when I checked they marked it as sold.
Maybe when they called you a few weeks ago and you didn''t contact them right away to tell them to hold it, they thought you were no longer interested? That''s the only thing I can think of.
When they told you about the stone did you tell them you wanted it?
I am so sorry. It probably would have been better if you did get the stone first so I wouldn''t have seen it and spent the extra money! I am surey husband would of thanked you!
23.gif

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/25/2009 7:20:48 PM

I''m serious - my stone IRL does not look it''s weight. Too much depth. I''m having nagging buyer''s remorse, really bad.

When I was in ERD''s office, there was not much available, Mark brought in everything he found. If I upgraded, the additional money

would still be a freaking fortune. But I am not ruling out an upgrade that at least looks it''s weight, sometime. I could go on, but

1.gif
B- I saw your ring on that real life perspective thread, honestly, it looks huge. But I understand how you feel, if you are really unhappy about yours, I agree with you - trade in for a stone that looks its wt... If you are not in any rush, give Mark enough time to look for you - the market now is pretty quiet, given the state of the economy... also larger stone is harder to find.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 11:02:12 PM

1.gif
B- I saw your ring on that real life perspective thread, honestly, it looks huge. But I understand how you feel, if you are really unhappy about yours, I agree with you - trade in for a stone that looks its wt... If you are not in any rush, give Mark enough time to look for you - the market now is pretty quiet, given the state of the economy... also larger stone is harder to find.
It always appears much larger in pics, weird. I''ve noticed it kinda depends on the angles. I''ve had several comments of "that''s 4cts?" (4.26 to be exact) and I agree it looks like maybe 3ct. I rushed into it - I know, my fault. Mark (ERD) was leaving town, we were about to leave NYC, Hurricane Ike was knocking on Houston''s door. I felt uneasy the day after I bought the stone, called Mark and felt better, but the moment I saw the finished ring, I felt it again. Live and learn.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock

1.gif
I would really check with ERD if you are that unhappy ... your stone is stunning and looks sizeable, but YOU need to be happy.. wait, you should be ecsatic with a beauty like that!

but I understand how nasty DSS can be...but I also know the more I''m on PS, the smaller my own stone becomes..

Good Luck!

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/25/2009 11:17:38 PM
It always appears much larger in pics, weird. I''ve noticed it kinda depends on the angles. I''ve had several comments of ''that''s 4cts?'' (4.26 to be exact) and I agree it looks like maybe 3ct. I rushed into it - I know, my fault. Mark (ERD) was leaving town, we were about to leave NYC, Hurricane Ike was knocking on Houston''s door. I felt uneasy the day after I bought the stone, called Mark and felt better, but the moment I saw the finished ring, I felt it again. Live and learn.
Don''t let those comments get to you - I''ve had people asking me if my ring is bigger than 2ct!
20.gif
But I also saw girls on the subway, in the elevator, in meetings etc etc staring at my ring. I stare at others'' ring too, of course.
41.gif
This girl at my work saw my ring & loved it but she thought it was a princess, so she got a 2.5 princess. When she first got it, I stared at her ring from afar & thought it was over 3ct. Then we compared notes, and it''s visibly smaller side by side. From that - I figured - if her ring looks that big from afar, mine will be even bigger!!
30.gif
Remember - only us get to look at it from every angle at anytime we want & drive ourselves crazy.

PS I just saw your miso soup thread & thought you were in greater NY area. oops... Houston has this Korean supermarket where you can find anything you need for miso soup.
Super H Mart
Categories: Grocery, Ethnic Food
Neighborhood: Memorial
1302 Blalock Rd
Houston, TX 77055
www.hmart.com

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Butterfly- when they first called me I told them I had to talk to hubby, but they just kept saying over and over that they had this stone cut just for me, and it
was "my stone". It was maybe a matter of a week. I did not ask them to hold it. My W-prong for my 1.7 would not fit the larger stone and I was trying to decide what to do about the setting. The w-prong was supposed to be a temp setting because I wasn''t sure what I wanted to do. I didnt want to spend another 1200.00
on another temp setting until I decide what the ''forever'' one was going to be. My husband was surprised that the stone was on the website if it was supposed to
be my stone. A lot of stuff kind of happened in between. I mentioned that I was going to get a quote from Brian and Lesley since I could upgrade my stone with
them as well, and they were really not happy with that. When I didnt hear from Brian for few days, I decided that I was just going to go for the 2.417 because the
price was good and it was an H. That''s when I saw the sold sign. I was so bummed. My poor husband didnt even know what to do with me. I was kicking myself
because it was my own stupid fault for waiting. It was a 15k difference for me so I wanted to be sure. Then when I called, Juli said I could still have the stone
and they would tell the other buyer that I had first choice. That didn''t feel right to me. I was the one who was waiting, someone else shouldnt have to pay for it,
and be disappointed. About ten minutes after that, Lesley emailed me with the 2.57, so I called Juli back and left a message for them to let the other buyer have
it. I was just wondering if that was you. I guess being on pricescope has made me aware of how invested we all get in this process and I wondered if it was
another PS''er who was waiting for that stone. I cant wait to see it on you, it looked lovely. I am so glad another ps girl got it and I will get to see other pics of
it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results