shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: Opting out of unwanted catalogs w/Catalog Choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
So I think I might have first run across mention of this service on PS, but I just signed up for it and thought I''d plug it a little. If you go to the website www.catalogchoice.org and sign up, you can make a list of the extra or unwanted catalogs you might get because someone sold your name to a mailing list
29.gif
. They contact the catalogs for you to get your name off the list. I''ve done that before myself, but it was kind of nice to take 5 minutes to just look up the catalogs, make a list, and take care of it all at once. Just one way to be a little greener.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool. there is also another website you can sign up for that gets rid of all unwanted junk mail... AND they plant a tree for you!
9.gif

it''s called www.Greendimes.com

I believe you have to pay to sign up but they''ve lowered the cost and you can add up to three addresses to your list and can continue to add companies to your junk list as much as you want.

it takes about 4 months before you see a difference in you mail though.. but still.

Cheers!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I signed up for Catalog Choice several months ago and it''s now making a noticeable difference. It takes a while, and not all catalogs are cooperative. Some will actually send you MORE just to see what you do. If you buy from them, they won''t stop sending them.

I was impressed most by Crate & Barrel. They sent me an email asking me if I wanted completely out or if I wanted to tell them how often to send them, or specific titles. I opted for the twice a year selection because I do enjoy their catalog but don''t need it every 3 weeks.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Cool. Usually I just email them this way is easier.

Calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT or visiting optoutprescreen.com stops unsolicited offers for credit and insurance.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this. The only catalogue that has cooperated with me after calling to be removed was Victoria''s Secret. If anyone has ordered from them, you must have experienced the inundation of catalogues. They''d sent out at least one every two weeks. The customer service girl told me that once a person asks to be removed they NEVER send a catalogue again, but will do emails if you want them. Even if you order from them later in time, you still never be put back on their mailing list.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results