shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA - Marc Robinson Jewelers

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!
Just wanted to share the gnarliest setting job I’ve ever had or seen in my life. I bought a pretty Brazilian emerald that’s roughly 9 x 11 mm or so, and wanted to have it set into a simple four prong setting. I had a band already, from an existing setting, and went to a local jewelry chain to ask them to add a simple Stuller head to the band. I wasn’t going for anything fancy, just a simple ring to enjoy the emerald. Once I get it in hand - two of the prongs are barely touching the stone, one prong tip is so raised you could slide paper under it, and all prong and gallery surfaces are heavily indented with tool marks and flea bites. I’ve never seen anything like it! Do you think the head was used or Pre-Owned? Just a very gnarly setting job? Novice setter? Anyways - just wanted a drop a PSA, don’t make my mistake.

A983B175-BAB7-4BDA-B539-D3F6AB54E277.jpeg A4FDB604-DC3E-44D5-A824-BDA2BF4430CD.jpeg B5301237-8857-41EC-AA9F-5A639333A182.jpeg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Eeekkk. This is my nightmare when I get photos of a ring before it is sent. I zoom in to try and see these things before it ships but nothing like having it hand to behold the horror.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I was stunned! I wear glasses and saw these with my bare eyes.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@yssie I’m truly baffled as to what happened here - IRL it was even worse. o_O

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@yssie I’m truly baffled as to what happened here - IRL it was even worse. o_O

What did you do?? That would have freaked me out especially with an emerald bc they can be fragile.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader - I asked them to reset it. They are ordering a new head for me and resetting it for free, which I appreciate and is commendable. I am definitely worried about chipping - they do have insurance on the stone during the setting process, which is some consolation, but who knows if they’d notice or disclose it to me given the awful job they sent me home with last time. I was really torn between asking for a refund and asking to reset, but in the end I chose the path of least resistance (hope I don’t regret that, lol!).

I will definitely update the thread with their second iteration; fingers crossed that I can offer a happy update.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results