color
clarity

PSA: Costco.com is selling N95 masks for $1.50 each

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... in a box of 100, for $150.

My SO has been buying these.
He says the price is half what it was a few months ago.
I'm confident Costco is not selling counterfeit masks, a real problem for people shopping for N95s - especially if shopping for the lowest price.

If $150 is too dear find a friend, neighbor, family member to split them with.

Many people wear those surgical masks, but those don't seal as well.
They're easier to breath in because much of the air you inhale does not get filtered.
It flows around the sides and through the little openings on both sides of your nose.

If you've never worn a real N95 you're in for a surprise.
They work, filter, REALLY well.
At first I found it hard to breath in one, but I got used to it.
The initial discomfort is a small price to pay for possibly saving my life.

N95s even filter out smells.
There have been times I've taken off my N95 and am surprised I've been in a cloud of some strong smell that I could not smell at all with the mask on.

Last edited:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kenny!

I checked the Canadian Costco site and we have a lot of options including some Canadian made duck-bill style N95 and they’re $33 for a 20 pack.

I was fit tested for work and I find the duck bill style works best for weird face shapes like mine.

You might find this interesting. For fit testing we wear a mask and then have to put a plastic rectangle over our head and upper body (looks like a Sponge Bob costume). Then the tester sprays a chemical inside of the plastic hood thing and we are required to run and jump around the room. If the mask leaks your nose burns and you get a disgusting taste in your mouth. If the mask fits properly you don’t notice a thing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear these KN95 mask but don't know if they are any good. Idunno1.gif I don't trust anything made in China.

IMG_1865.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear these KN95 mask but don't know if they are any good. Idunno1.gif I don't trust anything made in China.

Don't worry.
You're republican, so Covid isn't real.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I work in a public hospital and don't wear a N95 mask. But am fitted annually for them. If they are fitted properly--you don't smell anything.

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been wearing a mask outside today to filter out the wildfire smoke that’s blanketing our area.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also buy Taiwan made masks, but those were more difficult to find last year. Taiwanese and Korean masks have much softer straps. Easier on the ears.

I recommend them to my families for students who have sensory issues with the standard straps, they are much more comfortable.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Those korean kf94 masks are great. Very comfy and fit my face well.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
How do we buy the kf94 masks?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
How do we buy the kf94 masks?

If you have Korean supermarkets nearby, you can check there. Otherwise Amazon has a lot of sellers that carry them. I look specifically for individually sealed masks that are shaped into a beak, so it doesn't stick to your nose/mouth. I also bought KF94 for my 6 year old, because frankly I didn't think cloth masks had any protection for the wearer, and they retain a lot more moisture throughout the day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have Korean supermarkets nearby, you can check there. Otherwise Amazon has a lot of sellers that carry them. I look specifically for individually sealed masks that are shaped into a beak, so it doesn't stick to your nose/mouth. I also bought KF94 for my 6 year old, because frankly I didn't think cloth masks had any protection for the wearer, and they retain a lot more moisture throughout the day.

I make masks and agree, cloth has to be changed way more often and thats true no matter how its made. I've made a few KD94 type, which allow for a filter to be inserted. Painful to make, but nice to wear. with the appropriate filter you can't smell a thing.

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
I also like KF94 masks and my too young to be vaccinated elementary aged kid will be wearing one to school until he can get a vaccine.
Reliable websites to buy them:
My husband and I like the Bluna facefits with adjustable ear loops. The younger kiddo will be wearing Botn medium masks.
Here are some test videos on their effectiveness.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My beautiful (Korean) friend gave me one of her KF94 masks. I called my local Korean market and they are selling these masks for 3.99 each. I am going to try these and if I like them will buy some!

Thanks for the suggestions Peeps!

cheers--Sharon

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My are due to arrive today.

My daughter and I are splitting a box and I will share my share with my son and his family.

Thank you for letting me know.

Oh, the other cool thing that Costco is doing is a one hour early open on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Seniors and immunologically challenged.

Wink

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear, Wink.
Stay safe. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results