shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
LOL you all have tall kiddos. Ethan is very even same percentile height and weight (~70%). He wears a mix of 12M pants, 18M clothes, we're not quite starting the 24M and 2T yet. For us, since we use cloth diapers, the trimmer fit makes it harder to get the pants around his cooshy diaper butt.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1382540056|3542907 said:
LOL you all have tall kiddos. Ethan is very even same percentile height and weight (~70%). He wears a mix of 12M pants, 18M clothes, we're not quite starting the 24M and 2T yet. For us, since we use cloth diapers, the trimmer fit makes it harder to get the pants around his cooshy diaper butt.

I noticed that too! Lots of tall kids on here. Pancake, what are S's stats? I'm curious. B is >99th% in height and weight...so big, but proportionate. It must be impossible for you to find clothes!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
pancake|1382488574|3542623 said:
I find in general that clothing that's sized for babies (eg. 24m) rather than for children (eg. 2, 2T), is a little shorter and wider with a longer crotch. S is >99th %ile for height but is just under 50th for weight so she has been in children's sizing from as early as possible (here a lot of labels make both a size 12-18m and a size 1). She's now wearing size 2 which is largely long enough, but some of those are still too wide around the midsection. Ah well. My beanpole child!

Pancake, we are in the same boat. K is only in the 50th percentile for weight, so I need the length of a 2T, but she swims in the pants. Summer was easier because she could live in dresses, but now that winter is on the way, I've had to come up with a pants plan. So now we either do leggings or Gap makes pants with an adjustable waist and I put them on the smallest setting.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
N is at the 75th for height but 50th for weight. The weird thing about him is that he has a long torso, so sleepsuits pull at the crotch and are very far down his neck, but still too long at the legs.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1382593376|3543463 said:
N is at the 75th for height but 50th for weight. The weird thing about him is that he has a long torso, so sleepsuits pull at the crotch and are very far down his neck, but still too long at the legs.

We've been putting A into 2T sleepsuits/footed pajamas. They're too big for her volume-wise but fit her length without pulling at the torso. Otherwise, she wears separate tops and bottoms. It's frustrating to not be able to find sleep wear that fits her, but she isn't completely swimming in the garments so I'm ok with jammies that are a *little* larger than necessary. I've also put her to bed in regular cotton leggings and tops that actually fit close to her body, and a pair of socks.

On another note, I keep thinking we have her weaned off bottles completely, but then we'll have an off day where she won't drink any liquids unless it's from a bottle. Our method has been to use only sippy cups with almond milk at meal times, and only one actual bottle with a nipple at night with just water IF she needs it. But some days I can't get her to drink anything out of a sippy cup and after changing a couple mostly dry diapers I start to worry that she's not getting enough liquids. I know this is just a phase, but it worries me. It happens on Mondays especially, when Daddy goes back to work and we re-start our routine. I think my husband (he takes her out on weekends to do some grocery shopping, and they visit friends/neighbors, and then on Sundays her grandparents keep her for a few hours) has been giving her bottles and not realizing that this is confusing her. Gah! Just talking this out...I think I need to put away extra bottles and only make sippies available in the cabinet from now on. My husband and I had a discussion about weaning a few weeks ago, and I thought we were on the same page, but I' m pretty sure it didn't stick, and I wasn't even the one who brought it up.

Anyone else have issues with routines changing due to weekends and different schedules? Even her nap times end up fluctuating, which makes it hard on everyone for the first couple days of the week. We do try to make the weekends as consistent with the weekday schedule as possible, but we have social events we want to take her to, or Friday night dates, and I feel like we can't have an adult life without just blowing her routine. Maybe I'm just venting. Probably it'll all work itself out. Just feeling like Mondays and even Tuesdays are always tough.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
amc80, not sure about now (20.5m) but at 17.5m S was 35 inches and almost 23 pounds.

Most of her leggings look like loose straight-leg pants and the only thing that holds most of them up is her cloth nappies!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, we do the exact same thing with pajamas--either I do the footied pjs in a 2T or we do leggings and a shirt. I can't figure out which ones I prefer, but either work.

We just put Katie's bottle away about 2 months ago (at 18 months). She only wanted the bottle at one particular time of the day (as soon as she woke up), so she wasn't really on a sippy cup strike, we just needed to finally wean her. Katie does better with the straw cups than the traditional sippy cups. Maybe just finding a cup that A likes is the key? I think we tried a half of a dozen different kinds before we stuck with the ones Katie liked.

I'm a nut about K's routine, so I'm no help there. K eats lunch around 11:30, then naps from noon to about 2:30 or 3 every day. This is her routine at daycare, too. So on the weekends, if something falls in those times, I have to decline. Just this weekend we had something to do in the morning and then we hit awful traffic, so we got home really late and she skipped her nap. I still put her in her crib and she was quiet, but didn't sleep. I just about had a panic attack over the fact that she skipped a nap, so I am way, way too uptight about K's schedule.

Hope all of you mamas are doing well!

Oh, and I have a late talker on my hands. K understands the vast majority of what I say, but she only uses about 10 - 12 words consistently and they are all nouns. She doesn't use verbs, nor is she stringing two words together yet. Communication is still much better because a.) she knows what I am saying and b.) she communicates in her own way, and I mostly understand what she wants, thus the tantrums and frustration we had a few months ago is gone. I'm not concerned about the lack of speech because I do think she'll talk in her own time, but if she hasn't made any improvement at the 2 year mark, I'm going to ask if we can be referred to a speech pathologist.

Overall, all is well! I feel like 15 - 18 months was a bit of a challenge, but we turned a corner at 18 months (mostly due to better communication) and there is less frustration on both ends. I feel like we're kind of coasting right now!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, ditto what NEL says about trial and error for sippy cups. I literally bought 4 different kinds. And Ethan didn't get straw cups until he was about 17 months, so it was all spout sippy cups before that. I did the same thing you did as far as weaning from bottles. Gave mostly sippies when awake. The only thing I'd change is to fill both a bottle AND a sippy at night. And try offering the sippy first. That way she knows that she's going to get a sippy first. Also I changed the flow on the bottle back to level 1 so he got frustrated that the bottles were too slow. Yes, I totally manipulated my baby like that. It only took 2 wks before he was one with bottles all together. I want to say we were 100% sippy cups at 13.5 months. Now he uses a straw "water bottle" and open-ish cups.
Oh and Ethan's schedule is definitely different during the week than on the weekends. And also depends if Daddy watches him or not. J isn't always successful getting Ethan to nap on the weekends. Probably because he pushes him just a little too far past his nap time. It's not a big deal, we just put him down earlier for the night, almost 30-45 mins earlier. And he sleeps in the next morning also.

NEL, I personally like the two piece PJs over the footed ones, except in the winter. Now that it's cold, I'm loving the footed PJs. Ethan not so much. He likes being able to pull off his socks. But he'll deal with it. How's Katie's utensil use going? Well, I'm glad K is able to communicate with you. J taught Ethan how to say "Quizas poop" (obviously when we're walking the dog). :rolleyes: :lol:

AFU: stuck Ethan on the scale yesterday (regular bathroom scale) and he was 27.5 lbs. No WONDER I'm getting tired arms and backaches from picking him up. LOL. This weekend is the first time that I've been away from Ethan for 4 days. (Had a Girls' Trip with sis visiting our BFF in SEA). J did wonderful with Ethan! Ethan really is in SUCH A FUN age right now. J had an absolute BLAST hanging out with him. Ethan LOVES riding the bus so they went on a couple of bus adventures. :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Can we talk about sippy cups? I'm sick of cleaning bottles, and thankfully, B doesn't care if he is getting his beverage from a sippy or bottle. I bought some of the Sassy Grow Up Cup (http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Count-Purple-Orange-Ounce/dp/B0062BVY42) and he can't quite figure them out. Right now we have the Nuk sippies (http://www.amazon.com/NUK-Large-Learner-Cup-Ounce/dp/B00BEVSSUI/ref=pd_cp_ba_3) and they are fine but I still think they are too bottle-ish (I can see him sort of pushing his tongue against the spout to get the liquid out). I was thinking of getting these (http://www.diapers.com/p/nuk-gerber-graduates-advance-w-seal-zone-hard-spout-sippy-cup-12-mo-10-oz-2-pk-826950) and was wondering if anyone had tried them.

I've tried the straw sippies and he is fine with those as long as I hold it down, but as soon as he has it in his hands he tips it back like a bottle and then no liquid can get in the straw.

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
AMC: The spout sippys that worked for Ethan were:

Tommy Tippee: http://www.target.com/p/tommee-tippee-explora-lil-sippee-train-cup-2pk/-/A-13930524#prodSlot=medium_1_35 but these spill/leak/pour out quickly when the spout is squished. So this was mostly water, or supervised milk consumption.
Playtex: http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-First-Sipster-Spill-Proof-Colors/dp/B0009EXN10/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1383066907&sr=1-2... We used this for car rides/bed time and anywhere I didn't want milk/water spilled everywhere.
Zoli: http://www.amazon.com/Zo-li-Bot-Straw-Sippy-Cup/dp/B0031E1GEG/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1383066964&sr=1-1 This solves the problem of tipping a straw cup upside-down. But the straw itself is thin so Ethan got impatient sucking on it to not get a whole lot of liquid out. Some moms I know LOVE this cup
Oxo: http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Tot-Training-Green-Ounce/dp/B0038JDUDE/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1383067266&sr=1-1&keywords=oxo+training+cup... Once Ethan got a hang of drinking out of a cup, this is the one we use.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, reading your posts is making me feel a little better. Ev turned a year two weeks ago, and I'm slowly transitioning him over to whole milk instead of formula. Right now, he is getting about a 50/50 mix in each bottle. But we are nowhere near giving up bottles. He thinks sippy cups are just a fun little way to get a few sips of water here and there and to throw on the floor, but has no interest in giving up the bottle yet. I feel better knowing that it wasn't a smooth transition for all of you right at the one year mark! I think it is my working mom guilt. You only have so much time in the day with your kid, so you have to pick your battles. Plus, we just moved to a new house, which has thrown off all of our old routines, so I guess I'm going to cut myself a bit of slack and try to start the transition away from bottles. I don't even want to think about when we need to transition away from pacifiers!

Oh, and every time anybody on here recommends a sippy cup, I immediately go to Amazon and buy it, so we have quite an assortment of sippy cups, and DH thinks I'm crazy!

PS - Cute story. Ev can say only basic words like "hi," "bye bye," "uh oh" "whoa," "more" and "yeah." He says mama and dada and few others, but not really in context. Anyway, everytime he sees the cats, he freaks out, so I would try to calm him down, and have him pet them nicely and say "Nice Kitty Cat." This morning, when one of the cats walked by, he screamed "hi titty ca, hi titty ca." Too funny.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, aw, cutest story about Ev ever!!! Nice kitty kitty! :) Defiintely cut yourself and your sweet bub a little slack. I wouldn't transition him from bottles right now. And it's not a big deal if he's still drinking from there. He *just* turned 1. It took Ethan a whlie to stop throwing food on the floor. At about 16 months, his dinner and feeding times have gotten MUCH neater. He doens't toss food/drinks down unless he is very frustrated that I'm not taking things away or if I'm ignoring him. So have faith. :) We also stepped Ethan down from formula by cutting with milk. Once we got to 75 milk-25 formula we switched 100% to milk.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1383067745|3546812 said:
PS - Cute story. Ev can say only basic words like "hi," "bye bye," "uh oh" "whoa," "more" and "yeah." He says mama and dada and few others, but not really in context. Anyway, everytime he sees the cats, he freaks out, so I would try to calm him down, and have him pet them nicely and say "Nice Kitty Cat." This morning, when one of the cats walked by, he screamed "hi titty ca, hi titty ca." Too funny.

That is cute! We have been working with B on how to pet a cat...he usually likes to hit instead of pet. I think he finally has it figured out though.

That seems like a lot of words for just turning 1! B can say mama, dada (and usually correctly), uh oh, bye bye, and a form of kitty (sort of like itsy). I think that's it. He's a late talker...didn't really even start babbling until after 9 months. He has been signing a lot though...he can do eat, more, please, all done, and milk (but milk is more of a general wanting of something). I am working on thank you right now. But he can throw a ball a good 10 feet, climb the stairs in about 5 seconds, kick a ball properly, and run at the speed of sound. So I guess he's been working on developing those areas first :)

Oh! And I've been working on animal sounds. I'll ask him what a cow says and then I'll moooo, and he will say "oooooohhhhhhhh" like he's trying to say moo..just without the m in front.

Wow, this is turning into a long post...I think we've started the terrible twos. 14 months seems early but it is what it is! He will be so happy one minute and then you take something away from him and he's on the floor crying. So that's really fun...

ETA- LC, just saw your post. So you're saying eventually the food throwing will stop? I look forward to that day.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I prefer one-piece sleepsuits to two-piece pjs. It's just so much easier for me, especially since I'm lucky enough to have a baby who's still okay with lying down for changes.

NEL, I'm totally nuts about N's routine too! Invitations that fall during nap-time and bedtime are always declined. I just figure that it keeps my sanity but also his since I think that he's happier when he gets his sleep. Also, I'm glad that you mention that you didn't wean off bottles until 18 months because N is 15 months and we still haven't managed to do that. I'm also really bad at cleaning his teeth. We still don't brush. :oops: DH's flosses N's teeth pretty much every evening but always before the bedtime bottle.

MP, such a cute story of E!

As far as speech goes, I'm really impressed with N. For a bilingual baby, he's really quite advanced as far as language is concerned. He spontaneously produces more than 50 words now and yesterday he started 3-syllable words including his first verb! Other areas of his development are a bit slower. He's still not STTN consistently and he hasn't started running yet (well, he tries but he just ends up looking like a moving penguin).

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1383072609|3546874 said:
As far as speech goes, I'm really impressed with N. For a bilingual baby, he's really quite advanced as far as language is concerned. He spontaneously produces more than 50 words now and yesterday he started 3-syllable words including his first verb! Other areas of his development are a bit slower. He's still not STTN consistently and he hasn't started running yet (well, he tries but he just ends up looking like a moving penguin).

50 words, that is crazy! Good for him. It's so interesting to me how babies often develop in one area faster than others.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm. I've packed away all but 2 bottles and am going to buy some other styles of sippy cups this week. I've tried 3 types so far, the Tommy Tippee ones, the Nuby with the straw thing (same issue as someone else--she just tips it up and then no liquid gets in the straw), and the cheapie 4-pack from Wal-Mart that's like $3. The WM ones are ok, plus they're so cheap that if they get left behind someplace who cares. I feel better after reading all your responses. I want to try the following, all of which I can get locally:
http://mightynest.com/shop/natural-baby/sippy-cups/stainless-steel-sippy-cupbottle-11-oz?gclid=CMHaiaqxvboCFU1gMgodywYARQ

http://mightynest.com/shop/natural-baby/sippy-cups/kid-kanteen-sippy-12oz

http://thegreennursery.com/safe-sippy-2-straw-and-sippy-cup-in-one.html

Re. speech: I haven't kept count lately of her words. She has been saying "I sit down" or "I fall down" but those are her only 3-word phrases. She tries to repeat pretty much everything I ask her to, but often she can't make her mouth form the word correctly. She looks at my mouth while I say the word and seems very interested but then wants to move onto something else.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ethan's first 3 word sentence: "Uh-oh, Quizas poop." Nice. Ethan would go on a word EXPLOSION, and learn a new word every day. Then taper. Now he's having another word explosion.

Monnie, good luck on the sippys. How's the elimination communication been going? I'm trying to sit Ethan on the potty but I don't always remember. When I do he never goes, but we sing a song (don't always finish) and he says, "All doh" (All done), so we're done.

AMC, yes I promise you the food throwing does stop eventually. All of a sudden one day you're goign to realize that you're not crawling on the floor cleaning up his mess and you'll be like, "YES! He's *actually* eating now!"

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Oh talking is so fun!

Sylvie's latest obsession is describing things by number (although she can count to 10, she only uses up to 3 as descriptors), shape and size eg. "Oooh look Mummy! Very big yellow triangle!", "Two coffees for baby!" ("coffee" is her foamed milk which she has with me as I drink my morning coffee, I give her my cup at the end and she gets very excited to have two). She's a crazy chatterbox. But then again - she IS my child :roll:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE hearing about all the things that your little ones are saying--it makes me really excited about what's to come. Whenever that may be :) LC, we experience the same thing with a word "explosion" (okay, for K a word explosion is maybe a new word every other day), then a plateau. The explosion usually happens over the course of a week or so. Like a wonder week. This week she's added 2 new words and is babbling like crazy. It feels like she's on the brink of making a big language breakthrough, but we'll probably plateau for a couple more weeks.

I feel for all of you that are on the sippy exploration path. Who knew there were so many kinds of sippy cups out there! And I hate spending $ on several cups that K won't use. I've packed them all away in hopes the next baby can use them. I have yet to find the "perfect" sippy, but K likes the Zoli straw cups the best (LC posted a link). Amc, we have 3 different kind of weighted straw sippies (A Zoli, a B.Box and another kind I found at Buy Buy Baby). K used to like to tip the cup back, but the weighted straw lets them drink from any position. And the tantrums at 14 months are totally normal. K did the same thing--I really found that stage until about 18 months to be really challenging. I hope it gets better for you...I really think it will, even if not right away.

MP, we were still giving a bit of formula when K finally weaned herself off of the bottle at 18 months. I talked with our pediatrician about it at K's 18-month appointment and he said a.) that I shouldn't beat myself up about K still having a bottle per day at 18 months and b.) Some formula every day is perfectly fine, so long as she was still okay with milk (she was). So I just stopped sweating it and let her lead the way...naturally, a week later she was over wanting a bottle or any formula.

Oh, and something similar is happening with K's paci. I had taken it away from her at a year, but she really missed it and my mom guilt was heavy since she was teething and I knew the paci soothed her. So I gave it back during naps...then for car rides...then anytime she was in her stroller. You get the idea. I was afraid she'd never want to give it up, but in the past 2 weeks she's been pushing it away when I offer it to her (except when she sleeps). Who knows, maybe the paci transition won't be so bad.

Mayerling, it's funny that you guys do daily flossing. We brush every day, but I've been wondering about flossing. Maybe I should start doing that, too. K hates having her teeth brushed, so the idea of flossing makes me tired.

Sounds like everybody is doing well, which is fantastic!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Wow, some of your little one's are really talking a lot. I can't wait until Ev can start expressing his thoughts and observations like that. He has been babbling and gibbering non-stop since about 4-5 months, so I actually thought he would be saying more than he is by now, but hopefully he will start having some of those word explosions you guys are talking about. He seems like he is constantly trying to have conversations with us because he does all of the voice inflections and then he laughs like he said something funny, but it comes out as complete gibberish. But he is definitely on the slower side with gross motor skills. He didn't crawl until 10 months, and he is not able to stand independently or walk yet. He seems perfectly content to crawl at lightening speed to get to where he wants to get. It really is fascinating how differently they all develop.

NEL, glad to hear that K seems to be weaning herself from the pacifier. Ev is very dependent on it at night, and if he wakes up and can't reach it, he melts down. But I think I need to stop giving it to him automatically during the day and wait to see if he really "needs" it. He just seems to be most comfortable if he has it in his mouth or in his hand ready to put in his mouth.

Pancake, wow, S is quite the talker. You must be having so much fun with her!

LC, I love E's first words. So funny. We have a lot of the sippy cups you suggested. Ev seems pretty open to any of them, but the weighted straws ones really work great. He is finally catching on to the different ways he needs to use all of them, but a lot of the time he just sips the water so that he can spray it out!

amc, sounds like B is definitely a physical little guy! I'm curious - does he seem to be cautious when trying new things? Ev seems to completely lack any sense of caution. He is a little on the slow side developing his physical skills, but he has absolutely no sense of caution. He can't stand on his own but he regular just lets go of things and takes a step forward or he'll just fall back or crawl off the side of something without even thinking. It scares me!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1383144352|3547453 said:
amc, sounds like B is definitely a physical little guy! I'm curious - does he seem to be cautious when trying new things? Ev seems to completely lack any sense of caution. He is a little on the slow side developing his physical skills, but he has absolutely no sense of caution. He can't stand on his own but he regular just lets go of things and takes a step forward or he'll just fall back or crawl off the side of something without even thinking. It scares me!

Um, no, no sense of danger at all. Which is terrifying. When he first started climbing up on our ottoman/coffee table he would just crawl off the other side, straight onto his head. He eventually learned how to get down properly, though.

NewEnglandLady said:
Amc, we have 3 different kind of weighted straw sippies (A Zoli, a B.Box and another kind I found at Buy Buy Baby).

I didn't know these existed! Googling now...

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
I'm just jumping in to this thread as my daughter, Lila, turned 1 on Sunday. I'm excited to join this thread and learn about what is to come!

I've been extremely lucky in that L has been overall a really good baby. Honestly, our biggest issues have been her recurring ear infections which made her cranky and clingy (for good reason), but we had ear tube surgery a week and a half ago, so we're looking forward to far fewer issues and she's overall been a much happier kid.

L is not walking yet, but has been standing independently for short periods of time recently and took two tiny tentative steps yesterday. It's funny, amc and mp, how your boys are not really cautious. L is totally the opposite. She is very, very cautious, which has it's pros and cons. When she does take a spill or knock her head, she's a lot more quick to get upset about it than other kids I've observed because I feel like she's upset that it happened when she was being so cautious. She does love taking chairs, her little vtech push walker, etc. and walking around with them to explore different rooms in our house. She's been really perfecting her fine motor skills too and is really good about putting circles into the shape sorter bucket that we have. She's pretty hit and miss with the other shapes though. I've also seen her stack up to 5 wooden blocks, which is pretty cool! She's really into books lately, and pointing at the various illustrations and saying "dis?" or "da?" and then I tell her what it is that she's pointing at.

From a diet standpoint, she's really into feeding herself finger foods and will only be spoon-fed something that she loves, like yogurt, oatmeal, applesauce or cottage cheese. I've transitioned her fully over to cow's milk just in the past few days and she seems ok with it. She does drink much less milk overall though since transitioning from formula, but has been guzzling water. We're off traditional bottles right now, but she only will drink from those Nuk sippy cups that amc referenced earlier, which are very "bottle-like", so it will take more work to get her to use the more traditional sippy cups, or maybe just a cup. I, too, have bought at least 6 different kinds and she hates every one of them. It's like, if it has a handle, it's meant to be thrown. That includes the Zoli cup with a straw. Oh well!

I love hearing about how their little ones are talking! L will say Dada, hi, hello, bye bye, and ball with some consistency and within context. She tries to say "all done" too sometimes when she signs it. She can also sign "more". She will say "Mama", but I still don't think she relates it to me. If you ask her where Daddy is, she immediately looks at DH. If you ask her where Mommy is, she looks at Daddy or at the door (if you're in a room with a door). She otherwise just likes to repeat what we're saying. The cutest thing is she will pick her either her play phone or one of our cell phones, and holds it up to her ear and says, "a whoa?" (hello?).

Wow, almost everyone's kiddos are super tall! We go for L's 1 year checkup next week, so I'll see how much she weighs and how tall she is. She feels like she weighs a TON :) I just bought her first pair of real shoes, and she's wearing size 5.5. I have no concept if that's average or not, but I just found out my 17 month old niece is wearing size 4, so I'm thinking that's bigger than the norm?

Anyway, here's a recent photo of her at her favorite place in our house--the bottom of the staircase. She loves to hang out there and hang on to the babygate until someone will unlock the door so she can show off her stair climbing skills.

ljc_stairs.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JFO, Lila is so cute! Happy 1st birthday. Shoe size--my 17 month old is wearing a 5 but will soon be in a 5.5 or 6. But at the year mark, mine was wearing a 4 still. It sounds like Lila's feet are average, to me.

Pancake, you asked about EC. It was all going fine until she started walking. After that, I just put the potty in the half bath on the main level and we go in there and "practice" after meals or when mommy has to go. She has gone pee in it twice but no poops for a long time. She knows what it's for and she has taken her dirty diaper and put it in her potty before. The issue right now is that she wants to pick up the potty and play with it instead of sitting and practicing. She thinks it's funny. I think one of these days it might click, but then again it could be awhile.

I feel like we've carved about a hundred pumpkins this year. We had a big party, and then have gone to neighbors' homes to play and carve a few times. So over pumpkin guts. I purposely didn't carve some of ours because I like to have them sitting around until Thanksgiving, so I made them masks this year. Even the little gourds ended up with a mask. Because apparently I've turned into Martha Stewart. Here are some pics:

alex-o-lantern.jpg

norotrecipe.jpg

tinypumpkinmask.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
jfo|1383156372|3547621 said:
Wow, almost everyone's kiddos are super tall! We go for L's 1 year checkup next week, so I'll see how much she weighs and how tall she is. She feels like she weighs a TON :) I just bought her first pair of real shoes, and she's wearing size 5.5. I have no concept if that's average or not, but I just found out my 17 month old niece is wearing size 4, so I'm thinking that's bigger than the norm?

That seems pretty big, unless she's tall. B is in a 6 which seems small to me for his height. But I have no basis of comparison. DH and I both have big feet (I'm a 10 (9.5 pre-pregnancy) and DH is a 15) so I can't imagine B will have small feet.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of big feet, N has always had huge feet. When he was first born they looked so disproportionate but now the rest of his body is catching up. Anyway, at the moment he's a size 22 European which google tells me is 6 US.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
K has pretty big feet...I don't think she's going to be terribly petite when she grows up. K was in a size 5 shoe for her 12 month birthday, but those shoes barely fit. I bought her some size 7s when she turned 18 months or so and she's been in them since. They're starting to get a little tight now at 20 months.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, everyone. I am joining this thread as my daughter K turned 1 on Tuesday. Happy Halloween to everyone.

K has 1 tooth. She is not crawling or walking because she scoots around on her bottom instead. She is pretty fast at scooting and seems very disinterested in crawling. She has recently started pulling up on furniture and she cruises around couches, coffee tables, and ottomans pretty well. She sleeps horribly, and only wants me in the middle of the night due to separation anxiety. She is usually very happy and all smiles during the day though. She loves other babies and stares at them when we go out. She has had a couple play dates with babies her age or a little older and she gets really excited and pulls at their clothing and faces. She is definitely assertive/aggressive and doesn't understand the concept of gentle. She is also fearless so far. Her birthday party is this Saturday and it keeps expanding every day so we're expecting about 30 people now. Here are some pics of her from this morning. Will post her Halloween outfit later today.

img_2591.jpg

img_2592.jpg

img_2593.jpg

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, thanks! Your daughter is so adorable! I love the pumpkins that you carved and decorated with masks. I am so impressed with your effort! We skipped out on the carving this year, sad to say, and just went with drawing a face on our pumpkin for our front porch, and we'll carve next year.

amc and NEL, I think that L might be on the taller side. DH is a size 13 and is 6'3", but I'm a shortie with size 7 feet and am only 5'4", so she must be taking after her dad. My SIL thought that size 5.5 for a 12 month old was pretty big.

mayerling, L seemed to have big feet when she was born too! Then she became more proportionate as she grew older, so I didn't think much of it until my SIL made the comment. How old is N now?

JGator, K looks so cute in her Halloween themed outfit today! I am jealous that she has enough hair for you to put a barrette in. I have L in a Halloween themed outfit too, but didn't take any pictures before I brought her to daycare this morning. I will definitely take pics of her in the strawberry costume later.

I hope everyone posts some Halloween photos today!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
He was going to be Bam Bam until we saw this costume. Here's our little viking!

image-39568894.jpg

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
amc, B is adorable as a viking! It looks like he enjoyed his costume.

Here's L as a strawberry.

_11468.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results