shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been reading occasionally but have been BUSY and so I haven''t gotten around to responding until now.

George decided on Monday that he felt like sitting on his own and getting up on his hands and knees and rocking around (seriously he went from nothing to all that in the span of a day), and now I''m a little worried that crawling may be coming soon. Those with mobile babies, how long did they take to go from rocking around on hands and knees to actually crawling? We haven''t babyproofed and I was really hoping that we''d move before we have to.

House has been on the market for 9 days now with 10 showings (including 2 second showings), which our realtor said is practically unheard of in this market. We also have an open house tomorow afternoon. We''re in the right price range for 1st time buyers and I''m really really hoping that the tax credit will give someone the push towards making an offer.

I ended up not putting in notice at work. Hub''s employer moved him to days and cut all overtime pay (he''s salary so they can, but it''s the first time that''s happened in the 2.5 years he''s worked there), so money would be tight tight tight with me not working, and with him on days I don''t feel as much like a single parent. We can see each other in the evenings and everything! Since our ultimate plan is for us both to quit our jobs and relocate even if we don''t have new ones lined up, I''m going to keep working so that we can bank as much money as possible in the meantime. I''m toying with the idea of going back to school, too, so the extra money will definitely be helpful down the road!

We have another high pitched screamer... I think it''s very typical.

Ebree - George has been shoving his hands in his mouth and drooling profusely for two months now, and I still don''t feel any teeth lurking below the surface. Our ped says it doesn''t mean too much as to when they''ll actually start cutting teeth.

Pandora - I was very close to buying a Bumbo last week and then George decided he was ready to sit on his own. And after reading your review, I''m even happier that I held off. And WTF about your employers?! We didn''t really push tummy time, but George is now refusing to be on his back so he''s getting a lot of it. I''ve even figured out how to put on a prefold with him laying on his belly or on his hands and knees because it''s so hard to get him into a more typical diaper changing position.
20.gif

DD - Eek on the army crawling! I''m enjoying G more and more as he''s becoming increasingly interactive, as well.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, and we now have a nursery! Just in time to move (fingers crossed)!
The crib was mine/my brother's and passes current safety regulations.
The "changing table"/dresser was my in-laws dresser prior to them getting new bedroom furniture a few years ago.
And I sewed the bedding, with the exception of the plain white crib sheet, because bedding sets don't come with canopies and I wanted everything to coordinate.

ETA - our house stager wants minimal furniture and clutter so that people think that we have a ton of space, hence only having the dresser, crib, and an activity mat (not pictured) in there. It feels very weird living in a house like this.

GeorgeNursery.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Close-up of the bumper.

Georgebumper.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Blen - I love the crib! And the wall color too. Kyle''s been doing the hands and knees rocking for almost a month now with little actual movement, so you might be safe for a little bit longer. Good luck with the home sale.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
hey guys, it''s been FOREVER since I''ve even been here, but we just got a new computer (finally) and i wanted to say hi to all my favorite mommies! It''s lots of fun here in twinland with mobile girls -- Sophie''s walking and Marina is usually cruising/crawling right behind her, so at least they sort-of go the same direction :) Anyway, all''s good, just busier than ever, so I can''t make any promises about being around, but I just wanted to let you all know that we''re fine and we miss you!! Will get back with new pics now that I have a working scanner :)

Blen -- love the color and the canopy :)

jen and marina and sophie

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Pandora,

If the settlement is signed why not just force them to pay you extra?
22.gif

If not, rather than tearing it up which will cost you more in legal fees why can''t you offer to 1) send a TT (bank wire) to their solrs client account or 2) send their solr a bank draft for the amount over paid.

Why should this be delayed because of their incompetence and why should you incur more legal fees, more importantly; if you have a signed agreement I would move heaven and earth not to agree to its destruction unless it is done comtemporaneously by your solr with you signing (the already signed) the new agreement.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
blen- i love the minimal look actually...loooks so neat and cozy...gorge
30.gif

Jen-
35.gif
35.gif
heyyyyyy fellow twink mama!! i wanna see pics!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 11:12:46 AM
Author: Steel
Pandora,

If the settlement is signed why not just force them to pay you extra?
22.gif

If not, rather than tearing it up which will cost you more in legal fees why can''t you offer to 1) send a TT (bank wire) to their solrs client account or 2) send their solr a bank draft for the amount over paid.

Why should this be delayed because of their incompetence and why should you incur more legal fees, more importantly; if you have a signed agreement I would move heaven and earth not to agree to its destruction unless it is done comtemporaneously by your solr with you signing (the already signed) the new agreement.

I had that thought too...
27.gif

Sadly they could pursue me for the money as it is an overpayment.
14.gif

It''s not costing me anything in legal fees - my brother is acting on my behalf for free and the heavyweight attorney/judge has sent me his bill last month (
39.gif
) and has said that any extra work he does is free. However it is costing them and my brother is giving their solicitor quite a headache - poor thing is very junior and I think this case has not been much fun for her.

What I have agreed with the ''legal team'' is that the current one remains in force until the new one is signed - and they pay me in 14 days not 21. I could do the ''I''ll send you a cheque 21 days after you pay me'' thing to be annoying, but frankly I want shot of the whole situation!

The whole exchange is managed by a third party conciliation service so it should be simple and watertight (if they mess up again then it really is tough)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 1:54:49 PM
Author: Pandora II
I had that thought too...
27.gif

Sadly they could pursue me for the money as it is an overpayment.
14.gif

It''s not costing me anything in legal fees - my brother is acting on my behalf for free and the heavyweight attorney/judge has sent me his bill last month (
39.gif
) and has said that any extra work he does is free. However it is costing them and my brother is giving their solicitor quite a headache - poor thing is very junior and I think this case has not been much fun for her.

What I have agreed with the ''legal team'' is that the current one remains in force until the new one is signed - and they pay me in 14 days not 21. I could do the ''I''ll send you a cheque 21 days after you pay me'' thing to be annoying, but frankly I want shot of the whole situation!

The whole exchange is managed by a third party conciliation service so it should be simple and watertight (if they mess up again then it really is tough)
I am pleased your brother is your solicitor; that is fortunate.
36.gif
It sounds like he is a rottweiler!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
hi ladies! We''re back from our trip east and glad to be home. The wedding was good and my family was all glad to meet Sage. She was great - very happy the whole trip and didn''t mind being passed around like crazy. My grandma cried when they met and that was so sweet. We were able to have her in her car seat on the way there for the redeye since the flight wasn''t full and that was awesome. She fell asleep before we boarded but I nursed her at take off and one again an hour and a half later when she fussed but other than that she slept. The ride back was less fun since she wasn''t able to have her own seat. She slept a fair amount though which was good and she wasn''t an noisy as she could have been when she was crying. I think she just got really sick of being held and wanted some space. My fears about whether I packed everything we needed were for naught and all in all it was a good trip.

DD, thanks for the warning about not being able to have Sage in the Ergo at take off or landing. She was on my lap for take off but in the Ergo for landing and I feared they would make her get out but no one said anything to me about it so she stayed there and it worked out fine.

TDM, I stopped going into the office when I was told I had been let go but the terms of my termination agreement had be employed for another 60 days even though I wouldn''t be doing any more work for them. Sorry for the confusion. I got the Ergo in tan on tan and it IS great. She seems t be okay in it when I''m sitting down though she likes it when I''m standing better.

gotta run - fussy child. will respond to others when I can!
mrs

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Blen-I''m glad you stopped by to check in. I was thinking about you. Hope things move along quickly and get easier for you guys. I love, love, love that bedding! I wanted it in pink for Sophia.

EBree-Sophia is doing the same. She sucks on her hands, arms, and pretty much anything that gets put in front of her. She also has a habit now of sucking on my shirt when she''s on my shoulder so I always make sure to keep my shoulder bare when I have her in that position. Still won''t take the paci though.

OMG Neat, mobile twins! Do you have an area for the boys to play in?

Mrs-Welcome back. Glad you had a great trip!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Things are a lot easier with Sophia now. She''s eating well and sleeping well. I moved her bedtime to 9:30 instead of 7pm that way I can sleep longer at night since I''m going back to work in 2 weeks. I noticed that if she doesn''t nap between 6:30 and 9:30, she will sleep until 4:30am. Not exactly all night but it works perfectly for me because I sleep for 7 hours and after feeding her I can take a shower, eat and get ready for work. She''s also sleeping in her crib really well. It''s awesome. When she starts to move around in bed, she doesn''t wake up with the sound of R snoring and me moving around to check on her so she goes right back to sleep. The only problem is that she finds her room so interesting so when I do the drowsy but awake thing if she''s too awake, she''ll move around and stare at her comforter, the wall, her aquarium, and her little dolls lol. I have to take everything out. She won''t nap in her crib though but I''m fine with that. She''ll be sleeping in her PNP with MIL so I make her nap there.

However, things aren''t too great between my fiance and I. I''m feeling really alone in taking care of Sophia. He used to help out a lot when she was less fussy. Now that she''s more alert and consequently more fussy, I do everything. His best friend called us Friday night and asked if we wanted to go to the Keys with them for the weekend. I said yes right away, I figured it would be a last vacation before going back to work. When we got there, he couldn''t even give me 15 minutes. He went kayaking, canoeing (sp?), and got on a paddle boat (not to mention endless hours out in the ocean). Me? I fed Sophia, changed her, kept her entertained, put her to sleep, etc. I never once got in the water, not even the pool. The only "break" I had was to go to the bathroom and even then I had to wait until someone came back from being out in the ocean to ask if they could watch her or just take her back to the room with me.

At some point they all saw a group of manatees and I was inside and just started crying. He comes running in to tell me about how cool it was and I went off. He says that I needed to communicate with him. I felt he should have been more considerate. Did that conversation change anything? Nope. We went to his friend''s room for dinner and Sophia was so tired that she would not stop crying. I spent the entire time trying to calm her down and when he was done with his dinner, he didn''t even think to hold her for a few minutes so I could eat mine. I finally just grabbed her and went back into our room to sleep. The next day he went jet skiing with everyone else and I sat in the car for nearly 3 hours because where they rented the jet skis was in an area with nothing to do and it was pouring so I couldn''t take Sophia out. I was soooo upset and still am. I never in a million years thought he would be like this. And what makes me even more upset is that my mom tells me that I need to just deal with it because I''m the mom now. Last time I checked, it took two people

38.gif

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Here''s a photo of Sophia in her bathing suit
30.gif
It''s too big but so much cooler than a onesie since it was so hot out

8328_540062922974_56302145_32098355_5358623_n.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Fiery - She''s getting so cute! I''m sorry your DH isn''t helping out. I would suggest having a conversation with him about how you feel when he leaves you behind and doesn''t help out. Now that you''re going back to work, he''ll need to share in the baby workload too. For the weekend, it might have been that he hasn''t been in that situation as a parent before. My DH took off surfing all day when we went to the beach in July without even thinking what that did to me. I never got wet that weekend either
7.gif
. I think the guys are just a little thicker when it comes to what they need to do to help out. You just have to hand the baby over or tell them exactly what you need from them sometimes.

lili

Ideal_Rock
fiery--
awww....what a little sweetheart!
love the swimsuit and sunglasses -- too cute.
sorry to hear that your hubby is not more sensitive and helpful.
hopefully, your talk w/ him will turn him around a bit.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Fiery- I have been there too. Not about the exact same thing, but just the overall sentiment that my life turned upside down to put A''s needs first, but DH''s life didn''t change all that much. We don''t have it all figured out yet but it helps when I specifically spell out to DH what I need him to help me with. It''s not that he doesn''t want to help, but if he doesn''t know what is needed, he just goes about his usual routine.

It bothers me that he needs to be told/asked what to do, because it makes me feel bossy, or as we are not equal partners (in that he "helps" me with "my" job). It took me a while to get past the semantics and just figure out what works. DH says he actually much prefers me telling him what I''d like him to do than him trying to guess. Sometimes that means me saying: "welcome home, please heat up x for dinner and feed the dogs while I nurse the baby" or something to that effect. Or, on the weekend I will say "I would like to run some errands by myself Sunday afternoon. What time is good for you to watch A?" and then stick to it, or else time gets away from us. When we went to the beach, I told DH it was important to me to get a chance to go running by myself on the beach every morning and we made it work.

But trust me, I totally and completely empathize with your earlier post.

Gotta run-
TDM

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiery I'm sorry that your hubby is being a dink. I think being very clear about your expectations, and how his behaviour makes you feel, and also choosing some daily tasks that are totally his responsibility and not yours could help. You are not alone, the biggest reason that marital happiness decreases when kids are born is dashed expectations on the part of the woman about how much her husband is going to contribute to childcare and running the household. Try as much as you can to work with him and nip it in the bud and find a solution as soon as you can, before resentment grows. Like TDM, I am very... ummm. directive with my husband and he likes it. Now that his role is clear, he just does what needs to be done. For example, Hunter wakes up at 7am to feed in the morning, and when he finishes DH gets up to get ready for work and takes Hunter with him so I can have another 1.5 hours of sleep. At first this was troublesome for DH but now he doesn't even blink, it is just the norm in our house. It isn't that hard to get ready with a baby in tow, you just plop them on the floor as you go about your business! Anyways, things like that make it work for us. Maybe you can come up with a division of labour that is more clear cut so that he doesn't have to think up and observe things that need doing... I know my DH sucks at that, and it sounds like yours does too.

Sophia is a real beauty by the way!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
fiery she is so cute!! i love the bathing suit!!! maybe you should try to talk to your fiance about your feelings and what you expect him to do. this is definitely something that you shouldn''t just have to deal with. maybe in his mind,he has been helping out and supportive, but not so much in your eyes. we have all been there and know exactly how you feel. just try talking to him. and the next time it happens, and he still isn''t really being helpful, let him know right then and there and ask him to take her so you can do what you need to do. sounds like sophia is doing great also in the sleeping dept. by the way, 7 is not an ideal bedtime for ALL babies. do what works best for you.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Blen - Love the nursery - that cot is gorgeous! Clever you with the canopy, that can''t have been easy to make.

Mrs - Glad you had a good trip and that the flights worked out okay.

Fiery - Sorry about the situation with your FI. I think you need to have a talk with him and lay down some basic ground rules. Sadly men are on the whole pretty crap about realising what needs to be done with babies. My husband will play with her and change her and does masses around the house, but won''t bath her or get up in the night with her (not that I would expect him to). However he does always think to pick her up if she gets bored with her toys on the floor and starts crying - I will have to go in and say pick her up and do something else with her.

Partly I think it''s fear that they will do things wrong and partly just not seeing things the way we do. I know my DH takes it very personally if Daisy is crying and he can''t stop her straight away - he invariably brings her to me and insists that she must be hungry even when she is definitely not. Then he says that he just can''t do anything right with her...
20.gif

The best thing I''ve found is to get him take her off on his own for a few hours - he did that last Friday, I''d been up since 4.45 with her and we went back to bed at 8.05. Then his alarm clock woke her up at 8.20! I nearly had hysterics, so he took her off with him to get ready, then to his doctor''s appointment and then to a work meeting he had. Came back 4 hours later by which time I was a saner, nicer person and he felt that he had done well with his daughter. I think him seeing me as less than capable made him feel needed and more confident about being with the baby.

Had a busy weekend - Saturday was an Away-day with my political group. DH is probably standing for election in May 2010 (I''m standing down) so he was there as well so Daisy came too. She was an absolute angel and sat on my knee for the whole day without a squeak (why she can''t do this at home I don''t know) and then gave me a great excuse to disappear off at 3.30pm and avoid having to go and canvass a load of voters.
27.gif

Sunday we took her to the zoo - it''s a huge one that specialises in conservation breeding and so you can''t always see the animals as the place is built for them rather than for the visitor. However they have the largest collection of Gorillas in captivity in the world who are fantastic to watch. The big silver-back was doing all his stuff - roaring, jumping about and beating his chest to amuse people, and the others were all wandering about doing their own thing and ignoring him completely.

One of them, a female, came over to the side of the enclosure, sat down and absolutely fixed on Daisy - it was really interesting seeing them, she was fascinated by this creature with such a human-like face and was smiling away at her. He was watching her every move. I was very careful to look very submissive as they can get quite agitated if you stare at them, but it seems that Daisy was small enough that she was allowed to - I suppose it was like a baby gorilla would be allowed to behave differently in a group than an adult would.

After the gorillas she fell asleep in the sling and only woke up when got to the elephants - which she watched with eyes like saucers!

I hadn''t thought she''d get much out of a zoo (we were going for us rather than her) but she seemed to really enjoy herself...

Last night she got a new cousin - Tilly Amber, 6lbs 15.5oz - my FSIL was in labour for 1 hour 15 minutes... grrr, how unfair is that??? I hope she knows that my BIL has plastered videos of her in labour all over FaceBook and Youtube
20.gif
- I wouldn''t let DH anywhere near me with a camera until everything was more respectable!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Hi moms!

Sorry I haven''t had time to get back on here.

Blen, did I read correctly that you *made* that bedding? it''s beautiful! I hope you get an offer on the house soon!

Fiery, Sophia is so beautiful! Sorry to hear your fiance isn''t pulling his weight with the baby. I''ve felt the same way before and in my experience, like the others have said, its best when you tell them exactly what they can do to help. As much as I''d like for DH to know what needs to be done, more often that not, I need to be very specific - like, "please pick us our screaming child and entertain her for 10 minutes so that I can finish making dinner without going crazy..." I hope things get better for you!

TDM, I hope your blister has healed.

Sk8rjen, great to see you here - I''m glad you''re well!

Pandora, I''m glad the zoo was such fun for everyone!

DD, how are the move preparations coming?

Mgal, are you still enjoying your new job?

hi everyone else!!

Sage is 6 months today and I can''t believe it.... time flies!

Mrs

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Sorry I''ve been MIA lately, I''ve been lurking, but it''s hard to find a free hand to type with sometimes. I am also having problems remembering what people have posted, so I apologize if I only respond to the most recent ones!

Pandora - so glad the whole case thing is over with! Lucky you for your settlement! You deserve something nice after all that!

Blen, love the nursery!

Mrs, glad the flight went well and you had a nice trip!

Fiery, I''m sorry your fi doesn''t seem to get how he''s making you feel. I agree with others that you should definitely talk to him and not be afraid to say "your turn," but I get that it still makes you feel bad that he doesn''t just KNOW to help you out when you need it.

My dh has actually been a really great help. We''re still having issues with Jacks...we switched from Zantac to Prilosec, and we just started him on Nutramigen today. He basically has 2 problems...1 - he is fussy at night and doesn''t want to go to "bed." This is where dh is wonderful, he basically sleeps with him on the couch from his last feeding (usually around 7 or 8) until his next feeding at 10 or 11, and then Jacks is fine with being put in the crib. But no matter what we do, if we try to put him in the crib sometime before that, he is up and crying within minutes. So dh stays with him and I go to bed to get some sleep, because I do all the feedings after that.
2- Jacks has horrible gas and still some reflux pain. So even though he only wakes to eat during the night and then immediately falls back asleep, he then grunts and strains in his sleep a ton, and then because he''s thrashing about, he breaks out of the swaddle and wakes himself up. Or sometimes he''s in so much pain that he wakes up from that. All he usually needs is to be reswaddled and rocked for a few minutes and he goes back to sleep, but it often keeps me from getting more than an hour of sleep at a time.

We went back to the dr., and he seems to think the problem is definitely his stomach, so hopefully the Nutramigen will help. Jacks has only been pooping every other day as well, and he wants us to use juice to help him go more even though it makes his poops really watery (I thought it was like diarrhea last time we gave juice, but dr. said that''s okay).

I''ve been doing well I think throughout this, although the lack of sleep is getting to me, after next week dh starts his surgery rotation and won''t be able to help out nearly as much and I have to admit, I''m a little worried. So I''m really keeping my fingers crossed that this formula change helps!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Pandora - The Zoo sounds fun! Lots of things for Daisy to look at. You''ll just have to go everyday to keep her entertained
3.gif

Mrs - I can''t believe Sage is 6 months already!

Sabine - I''m sorry Jacks is still having issues, I hope the medication and formula changes make a big difference for you.

Tomorrow morning we''re off the Palm Springs for the weekend. I''m not looking forward to 5 hours in the car, and on top of it we''ll be towing a hot tub out for my BIL
38.gif
. But, we''ll be checking into the hotel at 4pm and leaving Kyle with my mom. Now I''m wishing we had 2 nights at the hotel instead of just 1!

Kyle is 7 months + 1 week
9.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Quick driveby:

Fiery- urgh im so sorry u have to deal with this. I can''t imagine dealing with that on such a large scale. I have those issues too (just had one the otha day) and I feel like I should not be the sole responsible and rspectful party here..it does take 2 and yeh back in the days moms did everything...well that doesn''t fly with me and u should not put up with that behavior! Plz do what''s best..if that means having a serious talk for things to change then that''s what u gotta do!
My dh decided that he and coworkers would go to eat @8pm (meanwhile dh ended his shift at 835)...I said no problem but u better be home by 9 ..what time did he get home??...10...so the next day he was on daddy duty (with our new sitter..friend''s wife :) and I took shower, did makeup and went out for lunch and shopping! 2 can play that game....he acted like he was enjoying the day with his kids but as soon as I went to reach for them he practically shoved them @ me lol...o what a project..its like another child to deal with!

Sabine- im hoping the nutramig will help..it did for us, we also had irregular and thicker poops b4 it and now 2 to 3 times a day...it is liquidy but that is fine.

Mrs- wow 6 months and Mgal- 7mos...my twinks were 5 mos ystdy...I can''t believe it!....I''ve been meaning to go back thru the threads and read my preggo posts...I think that would be interesting to go down memory lane!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone! (one handed typing here)
we''re back from our vacation in Italy and Croatia. It was good, one the whole, but traveling with a baby is certainly challenging. I cant say it was relaxing, but it was fun. romeo has had jetlag all week which sucks for me at night, and my main complaint is that his "pacifier antics" in the middle of the night have hit an all time high. I''m up constantly putting that damn thing in his mouth. urgh.
29.gif
any suggestions?

the other crappy thing that happened to me was that I suffered MAJOR MAJOR pain breastfeeding while away. It always hurts me, I was in devastating pain. No painkiller could help me, and it kind of consumed our trip.
8.gif
Since being home, I''ve been pumping only, and feeding off of the "good" but still painful boob. I went to a breastfeeding clinic yesterday where they "discovered" that he was tounge tied. A little snip and PAAM, no pain breastfeeding. WTF!? I''m praying that that''s all there was too it. I go back next week to follow up.

Anyways, needless to say I''m exhausted emotionally (b/c of the feeding issues) and physically (due to the midnight pacifier tricks) so I''m just trying to rest where and when I can.

I plan on catching up when I can. Thinking of you all tons. Glad to be home -
5.gif

Here is one of my faves from our trip:

romy in pescara.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back mela! Things are quiet around here... I think sticking all the new moms in one thread makes for a quiet thread, since we are all to busy and sleep deproved to post
3.gif
Am I right that romy is around 4 months now? Based on my experience and that of most of my friends, tha tis an age of MAJOR sleep regression. Seems like most people''s formerly angelic sleepers go cuckoo at that age. I know Hunter did. For him, the issue was rolling over and now knowing how to fall asleep on his tummy. For Romy, it sounds like his issue is not knowing how to fall asleep without his paci. It sounds like it may have become a prop. We basically just started putting Hunter down for naps and sleeps on his tummy, and after a few days of a fair bit of fussing and crying when he tried to fall asleep, he learned how to sleep on his tummy. I think maybe the same thing may need to happen with Romy. He needs to learn to sleep without the paci me thinks.

Now Hunter falls alseep like a dream, no fuss, no crying, nothing. Getting him to stay asleep is another matter
20.gif
He still wakes between 1 and 3 times a night, most often less than more, but still annoying. He wakes to feed so I am not yet confident that he gets enough food in the daytime to try CIO at night... and I am somewhat ambivalent still about using that method in the hardcore sense anyways. Doing it when he is fussing a little in one thing, but doing it when he is really upset and crying with tears and snot and everything is not something I really want to put my kid through. I will sleep when he is older
2.gif

UPDATE

Hunter is almost 7 months already! Army crawling like a champ now. A very slow champ, but still he is a mobile monkey now. Fun and daunting at the same time. He has one tooth that is about halfway in on the bottom, which is sharo like a little razor blade!

About 10 days ago I noticed that he had a rash on his back and upper arms that looked like eczema, so I decided that its appearance at the same time we started solids couldn''t be a total coincidence. I took him off solids for a week and the rash cleared up, also the circles under his eyes went away. So I think something he was eating was bothering him. I introduced food again this week and so far so good with sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and peaches. I actually think the baby cereal was bothering him. It is so processed to make it all flaky and just-add-watery, I actually don''t like it and it tastes like poop. So I am making my own baby cereals -- I cook oatmeal (the real type, not microwave type) and then blend it a little with the hand blender. Works a charm and is way cheaper and you can make it in the moring, have your own brekkie, then just put the rest in the fridge for baby that day. He seems to love it and it tastes way better. I know he needs iron but from what I have read he should be find on breast milk for that until he can start eating meats and legumes in a couple months, so I am not going to worry about it. I am feeding him high iron foods to compensate.

Things are very busy around here for us! We move in 10 days
32.gif
I am almost packed but next weekend will be crazy! Wish me luck! We then stay with my in laws for 12 days and then MOVE! In other news we ended up rehoming our little red dog Dreamer
15.gif
She was just not suited to a busy hectic family (she is *very* shy and was stressed and a little aggressive towards kids recently). So it is sad not to have her but also a big relief.

I lurk all the time and post when I can, but a 7 month old and moving is more demanding of my time these days and I don''t get as much PS time as I would like!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
haha dreamer, i just had to pop in to say that coby TOTALLY fits with your theory . he was an AMAZING sleeper from about 8 weeks until 4.5 months (we''re talking 10-11 hours SOLID without a peep), and then all hell broke loose. for over 4 months, he and i were up the same as you, anywhere from 1-3 times/night. oooooh, how exhausting it is! i was also too worried that he wasn''t getting enough food during the day, and really not all that inclined to do the hard-core CIO.

well, as an update for us, at coby''s 9 month appt, his pedi said it was time to STOP the nighttime feeding...she told me that it would just get harder and harder to break the habit as he got older. we had about 2 bad nights were dh took the monitor and slept in a different room (i just couldn''t listen to it!). when coby got really upset, dh would give him a little water from a sippy. well...anyway, after those two nights, my champion sleeper is back!!! for the past 2 months now, i can put him down anywhere from 7-8 or so, and he sleeps without a peep until about 6 or 6:30 (which that was later, but i''ll take it!!).

BUT, that being said, i''m REALLY glad that i didn''t stop the nighttime feedings earlier than the 9 month point. i actually enjoyed that time with him (always so quiet with just us up), and like you, figured i could sleep when he was older (which i''m now doing).

ok, enough with my diatribe. :)

hope everyone else is doing great!! i do read all your posts, but life is just plain crazy!!

xo,LIA

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - sorry to hear about "Dreamer" the doggie, but you have to do what''s best for your family
2.gif
. You''re a strong woman! Thanks for piping in about the sleep issues. I think you''re right, that the paci has become a prop, so I''m trying to use it less. Last night he was only up twice for it, so that''s a big improvement.

I plan on making my own food too, when the time comes, and this is a helpful website my LC gave me http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
Interesting on the rash and dark circles. Diet is SO important, and I''m not surprised that the processed food caused that. I''m kinda looking forward to solids, but can''t imagine where I''m going to find the time to make the food and feed him
33.gif

Off to my busy day
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 10:52:51 AM
Author: mela lu
Dreamer - sorry to hear about ''Dreamer'' the doggie, but you have to do what''s best for your family
2.gif
. You''re a strong woman! Thanks for piping in about the sleep issues. I think you''re right, that the paci has become a prop, so I''m trying to use it less. Last night he was only up twice for it, so that''s a big improvement.

I plan on making my own food too, when the time comes, and this is a helpful website my LC gave me http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
Interesting on the rash and dark circles. Diet is SO important, and I''m not surprised that the processed food caused that. I''m kinda looking forward to solids, but can''t imagine where I''m going to find the time to make the food and feed him
33.gif

Off to my busy day
35.gif
It isn''t so bad. I spent 30 minutes peeling sweet potatoes, steaming them, blending them, and freesing them and it made about enough for a month! Same for other veggies, just make big batched and freeze them in ice cube trays - presto the perfect serving! To use them, simply put a cube into a small metal mixing bowl and then nestle that bowl in a larger one filled with hot water. Takes 5 minutes to thaw. Or leave a cube in the fridge for a few hours if you think of it the night before.

We feed hunter 2x a day. I do the morning feed after DH goes to work, it is fun and occupies some time. DH does the evening feeding around 6pm or so. Its a good job for the hubby''s I think.

I''ll check out that site! Thanks for the tip

LIA I think that we will have to do a little tough love in a month or so too. The plan all along was to roll with it until we move because there will be a month of being hobos where we all sleep in the same room, and from our past experience we know that ruines any type of sleep training. Once we are settled in our new place and feedings 2x per day are going well then I will feel more confident about knowing he isn''t hungry at nigth! Good to know it worked for you!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Mela!

Quick question. Sophia doesn''t like frozen breastmilk so I need to figure out what to do. In the meantime, I need to get some formula in order to ensure that she gets enough to eat when I''m at work. Any recommendations? I''m afraid of messing up her tummy. Is the powder stuff better or the ready stuff? Do I need special water? TIA

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back Mela!! Love the pic of Romy!

Fiery - we use the ready made, but powder is WAY more convenient while out. You have to keep the ready made cold once open, so I have to carry a little cooler thingy w/ me. Sophia is so GORGEOUS!!! Love seeing a little girl around here!

Blen - I love the nursery! The color is similar to Lex's nursery, so I'm biased
2.gif

Dreamer - sorry about having to give up your dog! We have a dog, but fortunately he's been great w/ Lex so far, he actually ignores him for the most part
9.gif
But he does give kisses when we tell him to!

Pandora - glad the legal stuff seems to be over!!! It must be such a relief!

Hello to Mgal, NYC, Sabine and MRS!

Here's a new pic from today that I thought was funny...we were at the grocery store in line and DH took this shot! HAHAHA!! Lex loves Hollywood gossip as much as mommy it seems

9.gif

IMG_007911111.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results