shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
HH & Allie - what kind of waking up in the middle of the night are your boys doing? S also wakes up 2-3x grunting and needs her pacifier. but never any full out crying unless she's really worked her way out of the swaddle. sometimes I think she must be teething because she drools like a fire hydrant and loves her teething toys, but there are no bumps to be felt.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: Tiffany, I've been wondering when we'd see pics of your little guys. They are adorable!!! I'm sure that you and BB both have your handsful, but it is always great to see you on PS:)

I know that you both had long journeys to motherhood, but it's so encouraging to see where you are now!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blushing_B|1305722581|2924712 said:
tiffanytwisted|1305688812|2924527 said:
These babies are the cutest!!
I was a somewhat sporadic poster in the preggo thread but really hope to be more involved here. My twin boys were born March 10 at 37 weeks 5 days. John Travis (we call him Travis) was 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long, and Christopher Roe was 5 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. I can't believe they are two months old already! I'm still on maternity leave but return to work June 2, although I'll go back to work only part time.
I'm going to try to attach a photo, this was taken last week. My sister-in-law owns an embroidery business and she made the onesies.
ETA: Travis is on the left and Christopher is on the right.

I really don't post much on here anymore either. Life has been completely consumed by our twins, Alen and Laila (who just turned 8 months on Monday :o :bigsmile:)...and everything else that goes along with them! I guess working part-time doesn't help matters either. I'm so impressed by some the mamas on here who find the time to post as often as they do! ::) Anyway, I had to jump in and tell you how stinking cute Travis and Christopher are!!! I'm beyond thrilled for you and wish you and your boys, all the best in the world!!

Our journey was a long and difficult one, but it was nice to go through it with you and some of the other "old ladies" and come out on the other side with beautiful babies! I'm also happy to have the twin bond with you my friend...I'm telling you, there's nothing better! :love:

And I am so so so happy for BOTH of you!! Tiffany, great to see photos of your boys. And BB, I am so happy that motherhood is agreeing with you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS BABIES ARE SO FLIPPIN' CUTE!! I don't check in on PS that much lately but I always love to see the baby eye candy.

noel you are lovely, i can see where Skye gets her looks from.

and the CHEEKS in this thread... are outta control! serious love.

RT... our doctor told us we didn't have to wake to feed once he'd reached his birth weight... though he did wake to feed every ~4 hours on his own the first 4-6 weeks. i didn't think it was common for newborns to go longer than 3-4 hours anyway!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
pupp~ They seriously look like they could be siblings! Too funny!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Mara|1305752303|2925093 said:
RT... our doctor told us we didn't have to wake to feed once he'd reached his birth weight... though he did wake to feed every ~4 hours on his own the first 4-6 weeks. i didn't think it was common for newborns to go longer than 3-4 hours anyway!

Thank you for the reassurance! He's only about an ounce from his birth weight so I think we are pretty safe there, we'll see if he's grown anymore on Monday! I can't believe he's already eating 3 oz. at each feeding now! Good thing I had a beer last night to increase my supply so I can keep up with him! I know they say that is an old wive's tale but I'm pretty convinced because it worked for me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
random_thought|1305759937|2925209 said:
Mara|1305752303|2925093 said:

Thank you for the reassurance! He's only about an ounce from his birth weight so I think we are pretty safe there, we'll see if he's grown anymore on Monday! I can't believe he's already eating 3 oz. at each feeding now! Good thing I had a beer last night to increase my supply so I can keep up with him! I know they say that is an old wive's tale but I'm pretty convinced because it worked for me!

I'd def ask your doctor about if you should wake him, esp since he's still so young... you want him growing like a weed! From what I recall, J was eating 3oz after a week or so if not sooner, by the 2nd day he was at 1oz and from there it just went up. Good luck.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Mara. I would just ask your pedi whether you should be waking him or not. Jaundice babies are sleepy babies. They sleep a lot more than a non jaundice baby would so you have to wake them in order to feed. Sophia could have easily slept all night as a newborn due to her jaundice. I remember waking her every 3 hours during the night and every 2 during the day. Then every 3 during the day an 4 at night when pedi said it was ok. And eventually just followed her cues.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RT, Welcome! ...thritto - my friend just had a baby with jaundice. It’s especially important for them to eat frequently since it flushes their system. Out of sheer exhaustion, she stopped waking him at night after a few days and his bilirubin levels went back up a bit. She also had to work to get her supply back up because her body wasn’t used to the MOTN feedings.

ETA - my friend's baby's jaundice was pretty severe. He had it in the first 24 hours which is dangerous and his levels reached about 16 and stayed elevated until he was almost 3 weeks old.

Graff_Pink

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new to the site, but wanted to jump-in on this thread because I'm a new Mommy too! My little guy (Ben) is going on 5 months - he was our favorite Christmas gift :D - and while he has been a dream baby, like all new parents we have had our ups-and-downs. Lately, Ben has been off-schedule in a big way, so days and nights have been rather nightmarish, but we are doing our best to cope and get him back on track. We've had some major life changes (we recently moved to Boston), so we are hoping he falls back into place soon. Hard to see him so out of sorts!

I've also been experiencing alot of anxiety and mood swings - but am attributing it to being a first-time Mom and moving to a new place - but has anyone here had experience with Postpartum Depression? I don't have a new doctor for myself yet, but am not even sure how I have been feeling warrants a doctor's visit... I am sad about moving away from our family and friends, but I wouldn't consider myself depressed as much as overwhelmed. But then again, also not sure if it could be PPD.

By the way, what GORGEOUS baby pictures posted throughout the thread!! Thanks for sharing!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the advice everyone! We have our next appt on Monday so I'll ask then! I can't believe they didn't tell me that about jaundice babies at the hospital but then again he had a very very mild case of it so maybe that is why? As for now I'll keep up the 3-4 hour schedule :wavey:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
graff~ Welcome! Glad to have more moms here! We've been losing our senior members to the big kid thread lately. If you are concerned at all about PPD, talk to a dr immediately. There is a huge variety of symptoms that could signal it. I was diagnosed right after my little girl was born. The symptoms at that time were frustration, couldn't make a decision and I was sure I was doing something wrong, every thing wrong. (she's my second so I wasn't even a "new" mom) Recently I went off my meds and the symptoms that appeared were mood swings, irritability, anger, short temper. I decided to go back on the meds. lol

PPD is a lot more common than I ever knew. Any symptom should be taken seriously and evaluated by a dr. I know at least 3-4 of us regular posters have been diagnosed with PPD at some point. A common misconception about PPD is that a woman is either depressed feeling, doesn't love her child, or wants to hurt her child. More often, PPD is a combination of many symptoms, rarely that occur not loving or harming anyone.

btw-5 months is the wakeful time when a lot of changes occur. Baby is learning so many new things, he can't stop his brain because he's so enamored of his new skills. He'll even back out in a week or so!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye had a very busy week! in addition to starting day care (I just dropped her off for 3 hours and they even have a special area with small low toilets so they can become potty-trained, and they also have sleeping rooms with just beds for babies and another room with just beds for toddlers - so I am impressed)...

we put a crib bumper on her bed because I'm tired of searching for the pacifier on the floor in the middle of the night...

her Boon Flair high chair came in (thanks ladies for the recommendation)...

and she got her ears pierced...

noelwrcbump.jpg

noelwrbflair.jpg

noelwrearp.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
That pic of Skye in her crib is precious! She looks like a little doll. :love:

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Noel Yay for the Boon we love ours :)

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! :wavey:

Everyone's babies are sooo cute! Can we play?

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, I can't believe Lorelei is already 3w6d! Time is flying. I was lucky that labor and delivery was so easy--now DH thinks it will always be easy and already wants another one :rolleyes: .We have been lucky to have a baby that's pretty easy going, hardly ever cries, and is a good eater/sleeper. Yesterday was rough though, not sure what was up but she was fussy all day. Our little peanut was 6lbs 2ozs at birth, at her first check up at 2 weeks she was already up 1lb and had grown an inch. I wish she would stay little itty bitty forever ;(

Anyways, here are few photos of Lorelei. I only have one photo of me holding her outside of the hospital.

IMG_5211 smaller.jpg

IMG_2214_2wk check up4-28-11.jpg

224045_10100174819262759_16817972_49063340_2550068_n.jpg

229456_10100172645678639_16817972_49033820_358489_n.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Cupcake!!!! What a precious little peanut! Swoon :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: cupcake, she is gorgeous!

Noelwr-Skye is so cute and she did have a big week:)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
cupcake - Lorelei is so teeny tiny and precious. sorry she is getting fussy. that's how they trick you... they sleep really well the first 2 weeks and then suddenly they keep waking up and it gets harder to get them to fall asleep again. so don't worry, it's not just your baby.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
cupcake -I really enjoyed looking at those pics! Lorelei (beautiful name!) is so cute and tiny. Look at how she fits into the palm of your DH's hand.....!! awwww....so precious!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Skye is so flipping cute!! I didn't realize you had an oval crib. I love the looks of it! She's getting so big!!

cucake ~ Welcome! Lorelei is gorgeous and so are you! The pic of your little girl in daddy's hand is beyond adorable! Congratulations!

JT's kindergarten orientation was today. Lily stayed with MIL while we were gone. I got home and she was on her riding truck and looked at me like she had just won the Cup! lol

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say... GORGEOUS PS BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noelwr, Skye is soooo pretty and so are you! I love her little earrings! I also ordered Mom and bub teething necklaces - I am SO intrigued by this amber. Reading more about it is fascinating! I can't believe they are so widespread in Europe and I have never heard of them before. HH, thanks for the tips! I was also reading about healing stones/crystals (on a colored stone kick!) and read that crystal healers primarily use watermelon tourmaline for healing energies when working with cancer. Amber is supposed to be amazing, too. I can't wait to get our Mom and bub necklaces!

If anyone is thinking of ordering, I got mine through AmberArtisans.com. They're highly rated but it takes 14-24 days to get the neckalces because they ship from Lithuania. InspiredByFinn necklaces are also highly rated but their site was down for 2 days! You want to make sure you get genuine Baltic amber that isn't crushed or reconstituted amber - there are so many fakes out there being passed off as Baltic Amber, which is the real deal with succinic acid. The lighter and cloudier the better for higher concentration of succinate. Milky/butter colors are the best if that's what you're after!

Ohhhhhhh cupcake, your muffin baby is super super GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered my necklace from an etsy vendor. It ships from Lithuania as well. They are lemony colored amber beads, but not really cloudy, maybe this is why we haven't had much success with it.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
dude, my baby growls! like ALL the time. I'm assuming it is normal and we just growl back at her. well, at least it's better than crying.

and she hates the high chair. she'll eat in it for about 2 minutes and then she'll start crying and want out.

bliss - can't wait to see a pic of you and M in your necklaces. thanks for the tip on the watermelon tourmaline.

shiny - yah, we got the Stokke crib that expands until they're like 7 or something, though I doubt it will last that long. by the way, is Lily saying "Mama" yet?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
noel~ Lily growls too, but does not say "Mama" yet. She's discovering the range of her voice and yowling too.

Picked up some second hand clothes for Lily yesterday. Had to get 3t ( :!: ) in shorts to get them around her thighs. What a chunky monkey!!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the compliments on my babies-
Blushing- there is nothing better than these two! It was a long journey and yet somehow that journey makes having these two extra special!
Dreamer- can't wait till you are on this thread again- not much longer!

I love the pics of all the gorgeous babies! I don't always have time to post as these two keep me pretty busy, but I do read the posts and LOVE the pics!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye is in day care full day today. :appl: I'm going to breakfast with a friend and then for a manicure. for Friday I have planned to do NOTHING as I feel exhausted and really just need to nap during the day. yesterday I tried to nap while Skye slept and I timed it from the minute my head hit the pillow til she woke up crying: 18 minutes. :rolleyes:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I think Lorelei might be going through a growth spurt or something, she is now fussy at night...she had us fooled and we thought it was going to be easy. That and the cluster feeding is really making it difficult for me to work (I'm working from home until July) or sleep. I feel like I have the baby blues...having two jobs -- being Mommy and being a professional is making me anxious and depressed. Even though I am working from home, it's really not all that easy. My bosses except the same quality of work even though they know I am also juggling a baby. Ugh, I just don't feel like I'm doing either job to my full potential. :(sad. I also think that DH thinks I sit around doing nothing all day. I think he forgets I'm cooped up in the house with work and a baby all day. He gripes about feeding her one bottle at night...I have to explain it to him repeatedly that I have to feed her all the rest of time. Men. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I hope everyong is doing well. I'm sorry for my pity party. Just wanted to stop in and say hi and post a pic of Lorelei, she just turned 1 month old on Saturday. Time is flying by. Sorry my post is all over the place, I was up late with the snuggler.

Happy Wednesday Mamas!

230513_10100208569736539_16817972_49221964_5588324_n.jpg

248053_10100210660326979_16817972_49251510_7104052_n.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
CM, what you're feeling is very very normal, in fact I still struggle with applying myself to my work most days. And I spent my mat leave with my husband (he lost his job) and he STILL did nothing!

Aidan had his 9 month well baby today. It's 2 weeks early because he needed to have his ears checked after his recent ear infection. The doc was a little concerned with his growth but it turned out the LNA measured wrong. Once we got him measured correctly she was a lot happier. He's 18 lbs 2 oz and 26 and 3/4 inches. He needs to work on his gesturing communication skills so we've got to get him waving and pointing at objects/shaking his head no by his 12 month visit. Right now he just claps. I almost cried making his next appointment! He's going to be a YEAR OLD!!!!!! Wahhhhh where'd the time go??

So because his ears are clear he gets to go on an adventure this weekend! He and I are heading out to San Francisco to meet my new nephew!

Oh, and my push present came. Good pictures are forthcoming.

Graff_Pink

Rough_Rock
Shiny - thank you for your warm welcome and advice. I have since made an appointment with my PCP and am curious what she will recommend. For now I will continue with Baby Yoga classes and getting unpacked. Sometimes being busy is the best cure for anything that ails me...

CM and HH - it really MUST be a male thing because my husband is the same way. Having just moved and getting acclimated to our new area AND trying to settle into the new AND caring for Ben - I feel so overwhelmed! My hubby comes home and looks around wondering why we aren't completely unpacked and why I might be an eensy bit tired since HE'S been the one working all day. I know it doesn't come from an uncaring place, but it certainly frustrates me. It's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with Captain Insensitivo//Oblivious. haha

Have a safe trip, HH! Sounds like an awesome adventure! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results