shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Crusty boogers- Let your pinky nail grow long, you'll use it for assorted baby orifices! I don't do the saline spray in Lily's nose yet. I use a warm wet washcloth around her nose and that usually loosens them pretty well, at least enough to grab hold of with your nail. I never thought I would pick someone's nose, but it seems a good portion of my days lately! lol

I like the nasal aspirator. The key is to angle it slightly towards the septum to create a suction. My aspirator has an end that opens for cleaning it too, kinda reminds me of a piggy bank stopper.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
HH - Aidan is so cute!! Love that 2nd pic, especially!'

noelwr - we used saline drops for the crusty/stuffed up nose. D hated it but it worked well.

She didn't start sleeping through until about 6 months. Sorry... Hopefully, Skye will do a lot better. By the way, what a pretty and unique name!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1292881356|2802045 said:
Crusty boogers- Let your pinky nail grow long, you'll use it for assorted baby orifices! I don't do the saline spray in Lily's nose yet. I use a warm wet washcloth around her nose and that usually loosens them pretty well, at least enough to grab hold of with your nail. I never thought I would pick someone's nose, but it seems a good portion of my days lately! lol

I like the nasal aspirator. The key is to angle it slightly towards the septum to create a suction. My aspirator has an end that opens for cleaning it too, kinda reminds me of a piggy bank stopper.

SS-so I did the fingernail pick and flick trick this morning and OMG I think the booger I pulled out was bigger than A's head! I don't know how it all fit into his nostril or how he was able to breathe!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye: 13 Days

I am dreading the first cold... anyway, DH was able to remove the booger. I took out the hardest piece that was hanging out with tweezers (made sure not to insert in nose), and he got the softer bit by wetting a q-tip and somehow it stuck to it. :o he's always picking at her trying to remove eye snot and what not. guess he wants her to be perfect. I just leave it most of the time because I don't want to irritate her skin.

now she also has diaper rash: dark red around her anus which apparently happens to bottle-fed babies. going to try wiping with warm water instead of wipes, give more air dry time and put some cream on. can't believe she's 2 weeks old tomorrow!

Sha - thought you might not be checking here anymore as your daughter turned 1, but since you're still reading here just wanted to say I think Dalila is such a cutie.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
HH~ lol. I can't believe how much stuff can fit into tiny noses!

Noel~ Both of my babies were/are bottle fed. JT only had one diaper rash and Lily has had only a tiny one that lasted a few hours. I put vaseline on after every cleaning. It gives a good barrier against moisture. Don't put it in the lady parts folds, but around the groin and through the butt crack, every where that skin touches skin. Good luck!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Noel, Micah has been strictly bottle fed and has never had a diaper rash ever. Right after a good poop his little butt gets red but otherwise he hasn't had any problems. Are you sure it's an actual rash, and not just the product of a productive pushing? :Up_to_something: Either way, airing out always helps and a lot of babies like it. Hope it's gone asap!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Re: Skye: 13 Days

noelwr|1292947478|2802819 said:
I am dreading the first cold... anyway, DH was able to remove the booger. I took out the hardest piece that was hanging out with tweezers (made sure not to insert in nose), and he got the softer bit by wetting a q-tip and somehow it stuck to it. :o he's always picking at her trying to remove eye snot and what not. guess he wants her to be perfect. I just leave it most of the time because I don't want to irritate her skin.

now she also has diaper rash: dark red around her anus which apparently happens to bottle-fed babies. going to try wiping with warm water instead of wipes, give more air dry time and put some cream on. can't believe she's 2 weeks old tomorrow!

Sha - thought you might not be checking here anymore as your daughter turned 1, but since you're still reading here just wanted to say I think Dalila is such a cutie.

Thanks ! :)) I plan to be lurking on this board for a while...watching all the little cuties grow up. ::)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye: 2 weeks old

oh, I think she might have candida (thrush) as her tongue is white... I thought it was the milk. apparently that also causes diaper rash. the family doctor is coming by on Friday so I can ask her to have a look.

in other news, we had her hearing tested today at a center where they consult on baby matters and everything looks okay. we also weighed her. she is not yet back to her birth weight, though, but not far off. everyone was saying "Oh, what a teeny baby." I don't think she's that small. maybe compared to Dutch babies. asked the lady about her vomiting once a day and she said not to worry if she is keeping other feedings down and gaining weight.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
noel, yes it could be thrush, but keep an eye on it. The red ring around the A is also a sign of a food allergy (like dairy or gluten).

Aidan had to go to the pedi's today to get the two vaccs our former PCP didn't give him. According to TJ everything went really well and he kept trying to roll over while on the table (back to belly). He can get to his side and then he gets sidetracked by his yummy fists. He's 15 weeks tomorrow. He was 5 lbs 10 oz and 19" at birth, at 8 weeks he was 11.5 lbs and 21", and today he was 13 lbs 4 oz, 23.5" and his head is 40.5 (I'm assuming this is centimeters?). Not sure what the head circ means...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

We just returned home from our first family ski trip, and we had a blast! Of course, my little outdoorsman LOVED the snow... and my husband, who has never been skiing before, picked it up like a PRO!
Our little one has been an absolute angel lately. He did great in Colorado after adjusting to the altitude, and watching him play with his cousin was the best. We also did a mock-Christmas morning with my family, and C loves it. I have never seen him smile as much as he did that morning. I can't wait to see him on Christmas morning with the IL's.
Also, today, when my parents were leaving us at the airport, he cried when my mom handed him to me and waved bye for the first time. My mom, my dad, and I all became a blubbering mess right there at the security line. He is melting my heart every single day now! I just love it!
I think he might be getting his 2 front teeth for Christmas. They are about to break thru.

Wanted to share a pic of the first time C played in snow. He has strated doing this snorting thing, where he scrunches his nose up and breathes thru his nose rapidly when he gets excited. He is doing it in this pic.
:halo:

Re: Sleeping thru the night... C didn't until 7 months. However, it was great when he dropped that first feeding of the night and was sleeping for 5 hours that first stretch. He did that around 3 months if I remember correctly.

Deuce in the snow 12.20.10 for PS.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
AHHH!!! The cuteness is overwhelming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
so Skye does have thrush, but the doc said that as long as she drinks and pees well (oh boy, she does), then she doesn't need medication and we can wait for it to pass on its own. she also has spots on her face from my pregnancy hormone still in her body. didn't know it stayed in her so long.

here's a pic from today. she is getting a pear-shaped face with her big cheeks, but you don't see it so much in this pic as she is laying on one cheek.

noelwrskye16d.JPG

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Love all the sweet babies! Wishing everyone a very Merry First Christmas with your little ones!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas to all the new Moms and Babies!

We had Christmas at my mom's tonight and Lily really enjoyed the wrapping paper! Not the toys, just the crinkly fun paper!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
K particularky liked the curly bows.
And her first tooth finally popped through on the 23rd at 9mo1wk.

Hope you all have a great Christmas!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hope you had a great day with your little ones

Skye's 1st Christmas (she was an angel and was quiet and slept through most of it)

noelwrskyexmas.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! :wavey: I'm finally on this side of things! :appl: I had Anderson Timothy on Dec 20th. I posted my story on the preggo thread, but check in to baby out was 7.5 hours. I am so thankful for my little Christmas present! Here is a pic of us attempting to do the onesie sticker thing and pose next to a doll. His onesie reads "Hi, I was just born" but you all probably figured that out. I love seeing all of your pics! By the way, does Mandarine post on PS anymore???

Noel!!!! I'm so happy to see you here! I have forgotten...when do you go back to the doc? I need to reread your posts, sorry. Skye's adorable! I love her Santa hat!

Mere -- thanks for checking in on me! Little C looks so cute in his snow suit! Where are you guys? I apologize if you said....I'll reread, but I just skimmed for pics before posting my own.

Merry Christmas (a day late!) everyone! Hope everyone had a good first Christmas with your little ones! Now I'm off to feed, but I'll be back asking for advice, I'm sure. :cheeky:

Anderson web5.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lanie!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lanie! Welcome over to the "other" side :)

I am going to read your birth story now! The picture was taken in Winter Park. His first snow... and probably his last for a while, since it has only today reached lower than 50 degrees in Houston.
I was worried we were going to be in shorts and tee shirts for Christmas this year!

Little A is absolutely adorable!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie: Super cute picture! And nope, Mandarine doesn't really post here anymore....maybe she lurks from time to time....but I'm sure those cuties of hers are keeping her busy!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye: 19 Days Old

I lost 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks. but now I've stopped losing weight and need to get rid of this extra belly flab (which is unfortunately full of stretch marks :( ) and 10 lbs. so yesterday I started with sit-ups: just lifting shoulders off the floor. and today I got on the treadmill and walked REALLY slow for 15 min. my hip started hurting. anyone else trying to get rid of the pregnancy pounds? I'm not breastfeeding, so I'm ok to reduce my calorie intake.

ETA - I love internet shopping! I don't have to go out in the cold to buy more mattress covers, pacifiers, cloth diapers, diaper trash bags, etc.

Lanie - :appl: glad to have my cycle/preggo twin join over here.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noel, you might want to lay off the sit-ups for a bit. If you take your fingers and press on your belly (right above your belly button) while in the crunch position, you'll probably feel a gap in the muscle. Until this closes, you're not supposed to do ab exercises - or so I've been told. I certainly used it as an excuse not to exercise for a while!

My weight loss hit a wall a few weeks after N was born but then picked up again at about 5 weeks. Thank goodness because I had a lot to lose. Walking is great. Is the weather nice where you are? Getting out is so relaxing.

And boo to stretch marks! They stink. I would like to lose about 5-8 more pounds since I was up a few when I got pregnant but I know the belly will just look worse if I do. ;(

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was told to do the ab exercises 2 weeks after vaginal birth and 4-6 weeks after c-section. Sit ups that cross from left to right and right to left will help close up the gap. Since at least 2 of us have conflicting info on this, ask your doctor. Maybe each doctor has different feelings about it.

Pupp~ Your belly can firm back up. It takes a while for the skin to smooth back out again. I'm not saying it'll be flat, that's just genetics, but it can definitely get firm again. My butt is finally lifting back up! I get such saggy a$$ when I'm pregnant. lol

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg Mere that is the cutest pic...i can totally imagine him scrunching and snorting. LOL. J does weird things with his breathing and snorting when he gets excited too--he is a totally heavy breather sometimes when he's excited.

noel, your little doll is so cute!!

lanie, congrats and welcome! mandarine doesn't really post much on here anymore, but she's on FB. adorable pic of the little one!!!

re: situps and getting back into shape... don't get too crazy the first month i would say. you've got plenty of time to make sure the flab doesn't stick around. i waited til i weaned to really get serious but i lost 25 out of 33ish lbs before that. but my body was TOTALLY different....after i weaned and was able to really work out harder and get back to eating more strictly--i lost the last few lbs and also dropped an extra 7. it seemed like every monthly cycle more preg hormones got out of my system and i feel like 99% back. anyhow give your body some time, i would start by eating the right things and doing some walking, you can walk a few miles a day (with baby!) and it will make a diff and leave things like weight lifting or crunches for now..maybe around 6-8 weeks. i started back at the gym at 6w pp but did not do any ab exercises til maybe 2-3mo? i just did not want to take any chances! oh and the flabby skin, it can take a while to go away--even though i lost the weight my stomach is still taking it's sweet time to get elasticity back. i think the older you are the harder it is too.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS, I hope you're right! My belly is more *loose* than flabby if that makes sense so I'm afraid if I lose more weight it'll just be more loose. Hey, if I'm lucky enough to lose a few more, I'll take it! Everything else, except the girls, seems to be back in place as all of my old clothes fit. I'm just sick of having muffin top!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Laine!!! Anderson is adorable. Glad to hear that everything is going so well for you.

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas!! We spent the day like every other day, making our rounds to the hospital. Oliver is now 7 weeks, 38 weeks adjusted. We think he's going to break 9 pounds tonight!! :o This kid is packing on the weight. He's been taking one step forward, two steps back the last few weeks. He'll have a really great day and take nearly all of his feeds from the bottle and then he'll go two days straight only taking a few partial feeds. He had a really good night last night so the doctor (FINALLY!!) agreed to let him go on ad lib feeding, which means he'll eat when he looks like he wants to eat and not a set amount at a set time. He's only approved to try for the next 24 hours to see how it goes. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard. I want him to be able to do this so badly. I want this kid home!!!

Here's a picture from Christmas. I was finally able to get a shot of his smile. It's an onery smile, it usually only comes out once we've stopped trying to feed him :cheeky:

IMG_06103.JPG

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, what an adorable picture! I can't believe how big O is getting! Good luck tomorrow! Can I use any more exclamation points? :lol:

Lanie, Anderson is adorable. He doesn't even look *new*. He's just gorgeous!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oliver is so cute! I love that little grin. Aidan is still getting used to smiling at 15 weeks, stupid effing reflux! The great news is that he's *this close* to rolling over! he can get from his belly to his side at this point. We've had a rough month, with the 3 mo g/s, his reflux flaring, a cold over Christmas, and now I think another g/s, none of us are sleeping much at night. I'm hoping this g/s means he's going to figure out the rolling over thing sooner rather than later. He's showing a ton more interest in toys, he got a sing-a-ma-gig (aka, the singing anus) for Christmas and I seriously think it's going to end up being his "lovey". He's all about that little guy and wants it with him all the time. Grrrreeaaat, my kid loves a singing anus! I did catch him putting his binkie back in his mouth over the weekend, which I was psyched about. It's crazy how much development can happen at one time. I think his dexterity has also improved a ton recently. He's grasping and turning objects in his hands and he brings them to his mouth. He also can hit buttons on his jumperoo and he spins the toys around on his play bar.

Another exciting development, when we took A to see the gastroenterologist last week he gave us the go-ahead to start introducing solids. So Aidan tasted sweet potato and avocado this weekend and loved the SP. I don't think he knew what to do with the avocado though...I have to read up on first foods and the proper protocol for introducing them before I really go gung-ho, this was just a little taste of each.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, the next month is going to be so much fun! N changed so much and learned so many new things between 16 and 20 weeks. He still can't roll over from back to front yet and only rolls the other way when he feels like it. N's a chunker with a big head so that may be holding him back a bit. :lol:

I'm so scared of solids so I'll definitely be back in about a month for some advice from all of you ladies that have been there!

Lovelylulu and Charger, hope all is well. We haven't heard from you busy gals in a while! I hope those kiddos are thriving and getting back to work hasn't been too bad.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
chunker with a big head??? Have you seen my kid recently???

163054_10150105448738653_661573652_7303713_2169629_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results