shape
carat
color
clarity

PS is a bad influence!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what to do about you gals n guys here in CS.

My wife a few weeks ago mentioned needing/wanting a necklace with some red color, so what was I to do? CS seemed the only place to go. After perusing the forum and looking over some vendor websites, I found (and purchased) THIS! Dana was easy to work with and very responsive to e-mails.

With Christmas too close, I now have a custom pendant project in the works for Valentine's Day that will use three of the stones, with the fourth to be saved for a matching ring later on.

Actually, a big thanks to you all. I haven't posted in this sub-forum before, but have loved looking over the eye candy and getting ideas. I'll try to keep you up on the progress.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooo nice!!
36.gif
Please take pictures when you get them!
36.gif

Now that you''re over here, you know we going to keep you right?
2.gif

-A

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 11:04:04 AM
Author:jet2ks
I don''t know what to do about you gals n guys here in CS.

My wife a few weeks ago mentioned needing/wanting a necklace with some red color, so what was I to do? CS seemed the only place to go. After perusing the forum and looking over some vendor websites, I found (and purchased) THIS! Dana was easy to work with and very responsive to e-mails.

With Christmas too close, I now have a custom pendant project in the works for Valentine''s Day that will use three of the stones, with the fourth to be saved for a matching ring later on.

Actually, a big thanks to you all. I haven''t posted in this sub-forum before, but have loved looking over the eye candy and getting ideas. I''ll try to keep you up on the progress.
Congratulations, jet! I think that suite of stones will make some terrific pieces of jewelry. I hope your wife loves the color.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
27.gif
I know, my DH thinks he's created a monster, but it's realyl PS/CS. Those stones will make a gorgeous set of jewelry
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOo...definitely post pics of the finished product! The color looks just lovely

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous - can''t wait to see pics and what you end up doing with them
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! I can''t wait to see the finished pendant and ring. I hope you know that we are terrible enablers over here!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Now that you're over here, you know we going to keep you right?
2.gif
No, I will never go over to the dark colored side! You are not my father.

Oops, sorry about that. Thanks for the compliments, ladies. And yes, Catmom, I've heard rumors of the enabling abilities of CS regulars--I'll have to keep visits short to avoid overexposure. I will post pics as the project progresses. (That's a lot of p's
3.gif
)

Three of the stones are on their way to a certain designer/jeweler in Houston, to be partnered with two of his beautiful diamonds in the custom five stone pendant. I could use some help with one thing, though--I don't know what color of gold to use. I can't decide between white, rose or unplated white (wife does not wear any yellow gold). Any thoughts?

Most of her jewelry is already white gold or silver. She also loves coppery colors, so rose gold might be nice--I'm just not sure how rose gold would look with the color of the stones. Then there is the antiquey cut that I thought might look fabulous with unplated white gold. Aaargh, decisions. Please help!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones and they''ll make great gifts.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2009 3:57:09 PM
Author: jet2ks

Now that you''re over here, you know we going to keep you right?
2.gif
No, I will never go over to the dark colored side! You are not my father.

Oops, sorry about that. Thanks for the compliments, ladies. And yes, Catmom, I''ve heard rumors of the enabling abilities of CS regulars--I''ll have to keep visits short to avoid overexposure. I will post pics as the project progresses. (That''s a lot of p''s
3.gif
)

Three of the stones are on their way to a certain designer/jeweler in Houston, to be partnered with two of his beautiful diamonds in the custom five stone pendant. I could use some help with one thing, though--I don''t know what color of gold to use. I can''t decide between white, rose or unplated white (wife does not wear any yellow gold). Any thoughts?

Most of her jewelry is already white gold or silver. She also loves coppery colors, so rose gold might be nice--I''m just not sure how rose gold would look with the color of the stones. Then there is the antiquey cut that I thought might look fabulous with unplated white gold. Aaargh, decisions. Please help!!!!
2.gif

With the color of the stones, I kind of automatically went toward yellow gold, but only because its going to really make that red pop.

Some red garnets look very good in white gold as long as brown secondary color is kept to a minimum. Unplated sounds like a nifty idea (going with 18K? ). I personally don''t mind it (some do though) but could be the best of both worlds with these stones.

I personally lean more toward 2-toned if I can''t get away with straight white gold. Thats also a matter of taste but, its an option.

Those garnets really are amazing looking and I think she''s going to love however you set them.

-A

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are very lovely; she will love them.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones!!! Well done!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results