shape
carat
color
clarity

prozac for pmdd. Has anybody tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
My regular doctor prescribed prozac for PMDD - PMDD is like PMS but more severe. I would go from a happy active person to a very depressed angry person. I''m going to be taking 5mg beginning one week before my period and until the end of my period. Has anybody ever tried this before? Did it help? I don''t need birth control pills (I can''t have kids anyway) which is why she perscribed prozac.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter and I have PMDD. I wish more people understood it. We're both on Celexa. Neither of us can use hormonal supplements at all because of risk factors. My daughter is finding that taking boxing lessons (of all things!) is really helping out with the extreme anger issues that come up for her. I think the prozac is worth a try. Don't be afraid to try different therapies. Everyone is different and will need to find what works for them. ETA: we take the anti-depressant every day, not just during PMS time. I have spoken to a doctor who said some women can just be treated two weeks a month too. Whatever works best for you.

Also, this is something of a side issue. Try to avoid low blood sugar. Aim for even blood sugar. Low blood sugar makes PMS and PMDD worse for some people. So try to get your diet in line too by eating at regular times and avoiding blood sugar spikes and dips. Hope that helps a bit.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Has the celexia helped for you and your daughter? I''m a little bit scared to start the prozac - which is why she''s starting me on a super baby dose - because I had a bad doctor (before my current one) who gave me Cymbalta for two weeks for MILD pannic attacks caused by stress. Cymbalta is a very powerful drug and from what I''ve researched is meant for severe cases of mood disorders.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yes - my sister has this and is very successfully treated with Prozac (must be the brandname, NOT the generic).

She could also take it throughout her last pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard that a lot that it has to be name brand. What''s the difference in results between the two?

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I took the generic of prozac - fluoxitine (sp?). I did very well on it. The only side effect I had was having a little less energy and a lower libido, but honestly it was worth it. I tried Zoloft and effexor and neither were any good! I had pmdd pretty bad up until about 2 1/2 years ago. Seems that my hormones have balanced themselves out. Hopefully it lasts. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results