shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing on top of Half Dome in Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ajoeschmo

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I have an idea to propose to my girl at the top of Half Dome at Yosemite National Park (we are both avid hikers), and am looking for ideas on how best to do it to maximize the surprise aspect. We both picked out the ring together, I bought the stone at JA through knowledge obtained here, and she knows it''s just as a matter of time but doesn''t know when/where. How can I make this extra-special and unforgettable for us?

Also, I''d like to get someone to take pics/vids for us without her realizing it so I might have to talk someone into it (and give them my memory card) while she''s out of earshot.

Please, any ideas are welcome! :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 5:09:19 PM
Author:ajoeschmo
Hey all,

I have an idea to propose to my girl at the top of Half Dome at Yosemite National Park (we are both avid hikers), and am looking for ideas on how best to do it to maximize the surprise aspect. We both picked out the ring together, I bought the stone at JA through knowledge obtained here, and she knows it''s just as a matter of time but doesn''t know when/where. How can I make this extra-special and unforgettable for us?

Also, I''d like to get someone to take pics/vids for us without her realizing it so I might have to talk someone into it (and give them my memory card) while she''s out of earshot.

Please, any ideas are welcome! :)
my Hubby did this, he proposed to me at a park under "our tree" we had a picnic, and in the bush a little ways he had a friend who snapped shots of us (me not knowing it) so I have tons of pics showing the entire picnic to him on his knees and everything. I haven''t been there, so I don''t know if you can enlist someone to be where you will be, in hiding..... and in a brush or something? Cool Idea and I loved every moment of it

ajoeschmo

Rough_Rock
Not much brush or hiding up here:

Pic1

Pic2

1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 10:22:38 PM
Author: ajoeschmo
Not much brush or hiding up here:

Pic1

Pic2

1.gif
WHOA!!! Incredible
how bout enlisting a friend that she doesn''t really know ( make sure they have all the get up as a tourist maybe?) to come along or asking one of the other hikers.... to take your pictures from a far before hand give them a disposable camera to use or something?

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Id
30.gif
a proposal like that...but then i like to hike!

Im not too sure on the photography aspect...but how bout you take a gourmet picnic up with you. And some champagne...but not too much...you want to make it down after all
9.gif

But yes i think if my BF pulled out a crazy gourmet picnic with all my faves (rather than our usual boring sammies) id be pretty happy....and the proposal would be extra special!

My SO and i often set up our camera on timer to get a pic together...you could do that under the pretense that its just a regular shot, then get down on bended knee as it were.

very exciting, tell us how it goes
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results