shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in Boston/Cape Cod - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chirophilly

Rough_Rock
So I''m going to Boston on a little vacation with the love of my life... I think it will probably be about 5 days, some in Boston, some in Cape Cod.

I don''t want to do it in a restaurant, was thinking maybe in our hotel room... or out somewhere if we could go for a nice walk.

A few questions:

1) Any great romantic spots that anyone can think of?

2) When should I do it - start/middle/end of trip? I''m leaning towards the very start - that way she''ll be on cloud nine the whole trip.

Thanks!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on proposing! I can''t speak about the Cape but as for Boston, there are so many possibilities. I love the public gardens on the common (which is in a great part of the city). The Common is right near Tremont St., the theater district (you could see a show), etc. If you walk down through the common you''ll come to the public gardens. It''s so pretty and would be a great proposal spot. Just beyond the public gardens is nearby Boylston St., Newberry St. (great shops), and the public library in Copley Square. There''s a beautiful church in Copley Square too, which I always thought could be another great proposal spot. If you want to plurge for an upscale hotel in this part of Boston, there are plenty to choose from. There''s the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, the Park Plaze, the Lenox, Jurys Boston Hotel, the Westin Copley Place, just to name a few. Near the Fianancial District in Post Office Square is the Langham Hotel. It''s beautiful and they also have a chocolate buffet which is incredible.

I''ve never been to the top of the Prudential Center but I think there''s an observatory, which would also be a romantic place to propose. If you go to neasrby Cambridge, you could walk around Harvard Square. It''s not too romantic but it''s fun to walk around, people-watch, and shop. Taking a stroll through Harvard could be romantic.

I''ll keep thinking of more places to recommend. I hope this at least gives you a few ideas. Oh, and if I were you, I''d propose at the beginning of the trip. If you know it''s going to happen on the trip and if she''s at all suspicious, why wait? Best of luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Boston and the Cape. If it were me, I would propose at the beginning of the trip, for the same reasons stated above.

Boston is great, but there aren''t a ton of places for private proposals. Most of the cooler places I would suggest are very populated, so I don''t think that''s a great idea unless you know she wants a public proposal. The one really cool building you might be able to be alone somewhere is the Boston Public Library. Gorgeous building and lots of private little nooks to propose if you want. But only if you guys like libraries!

I would suggest that you guys go on an evening walk on the beach in Cape Cod, find a great sand dune, sit and watch the sunset, and propose there. BUT, if you do it at the beach, PLEASE tie a string around the ring and put the string in your fist or something. Wouldn''t want to lose that ring in the sand...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I hadn''t thought of the privacy issues in Boston. I love the city and I do think you could find a great place to propose, but the Cape is beautiful. I''ve been there many times but not enough to really know the best beaches, towns, etc. I don''t think you could go wrong with a beach proposal.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I lived on the Cape for a couple of years, and can think of several cool places. One is in Falmouth, near the village of Woods Hole. It's a place called "The Knob" on Quissett Harbor. Here's a google map link, the Knob is the little bit sticking out into the bay off to the left. The locals know it, but not a lot of tourists do. It faces west over Buzzards Bay, so it has amazing sunsets. There's a beach nearby so you can walk on it, and a really picturesque little harbor.

knob1.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 6:01:56 PM
Author: Selkie
And then there are the lighthouses-I always thought that would be a cool place for a proposal. This page has some pics and links to Cape Cod lighthouses:
http://www.birdsandbeacons.com/Lighthouses/CapeCod_Lighthouses.htm.

I highly recommend it! We got engaged at Nubble Light in York, Maine, last month. Lighthouses are romantic and they can be a unique proposal spot, especially if you''re not from the coast.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 6:34:47 PM
Author: zoebartlett

I highly recommend it! We got engaged at Nubble Light in York, Maine, last month. Lighthouses are romantic and they can be a unique proposal spot, especially if you''re not from the coast.

Oh, that''s so cool! We didn''t get engaged AT a lighthouse, but we were close enough that if it hadn''t been totally foggy, we could have seen the Pt. Vicente lighthouse in Palos Verdes, CA.

sillybride

Rough_Rock
tons of great ideas there from everyone - i live in boston and personally one of my favourite places is the looooooooooooong reflecting pool at the christian science park beside the prudential centre. at night, the area is gorgeous, serene and there usually aren''t too many people around.

i found this picture online http://web.mit.edu/ashuang/www/bblog_images/fccs_reflecting_pool_2_big.jpg
30.gif

there aren''t bars/railings around the fountain except on this one side as it is near the splash fountain where kids play during the day - so you can sit right next to the pool on all other sides.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results