shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Suggestions/ Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prince_Charming

Rough_Rock
Just to give eveyone a little background. I met the love of my life while we were in college. We have been together for 4 years and 4 months. I have purchased the perfect ring to give her, but i am having a difficult time figuring out where, when and how to propose.

My first thought was to propose to her on the mountains of Colorado. I was thinking of renting out a cabin. When we were on the slopes, I would manage to ski past her so I can make it downhill before she could, As she is coming downhill she would see me on one knee and I would as her to make me the most happiest man alive if you would become my wife.

My next idea was to propose to her in Vegas, My plan was to check into a suite at the Bellagio over looking the water show. Go out for a nice romantic dinner and then later on go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and ask her to be my wife there.

Another thought that I had was to plan something in New York City.

I''m confused, please help!

Thank you,

P_C

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Prince Charming, welcome to PS!
All of your ideas sound very romantic and sweet. I''m sure not matter what you decide, it will make her extremely happy. I guess only thing I''d ask is if she has mentioned any of her preferences. Does she enjoy being the center of attention or something more private? Is there a special day that has great significance for your relationship? If you do NYC, maybe she''d love a carriage ride and after the proposal you can take her to a romantic dinner. If she loves skiing, that sounds like a great idea, and the Bellagio sounds wonderful to. I suppose that doesn''t help, but if you have a timeline that might help you decide which season would be best for which location.

Keep us posted!
35.gif

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
hello pc!

I too am in the process of planning a proposal. For myself, what I found out is that you have to do what is comfortable for you and the more you think about it the better it will be!

I think all of your ideas are great ideas. If it were me, I would narrow it down by choosing the environment that your gf would enjoy the most. Would she enjoy colorado, vegas or nyc the best? Then go from there...

don''t forget to get her a manicure before you pop the question.. if you can... =)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
all of your ideas sound romantic... the ski trip one, sounds not as good... SKI GLOVES! It will be hard to do so w/ those suckers on... the bellagio thing is really really sweet... but vegas is very crowded, and in a former life I was an insurance adjuster and had to deal w/ stories of pick pocketing and stolen jewelry... which was sad. (I only mention this because I think you might be nervous, and nerves can sometimes get in the way! ;-)
No matter what you do, she''ll be swept off her feet... just think about her... I am sure she''s given you a hint at what sort of proposal she wants, as far as private, vs public, etc. The carriage ride, sounds very romantic... and sweet. Good luck, and keep in mind, you''ve already done the hard part- which is find the person you want to spend your life with... this is just a pleasant memory! So make it what you can! Best wishes!
35.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Yea- ski gloves are a force to be reckoned with! It''s also really hard to find things dropped in the snow =P.

Prince_Charming

Rough_Rock

All:

Sorry I haven’t been online for a few weeks, I had a family emergency to attend to. My girlfriend was joking one night while we were a little drunk and she said that I should propose to her under the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Although I''m not capable of doing that as of yet, I believe that Vegas would be the best spot. I know that Vegas is very crowed but I think by proposing on top of the Eiffel tower replica would be the best place.

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the suggestions and support. Oh yeah, btw I didn’t forget the manicure, pedicure and full body couples massage.

2.gif

Thanks again,

P C

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 4:58:21 PM
Author: Prince_Charming

All:

Sorry I haven’t been online for a few weeks, I had a family emergency to attend to. My girlfriend was joking one night while we were a little drunk and she said that I should propose to her under the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Although I''m not capable of doing that as of yet, I believe that Vegas would be the best spot. I know that Vegas is very crowed but I think by proposing on top of the Eiffel tower replica would be the best place.

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the suggestions and support. Oh yeah, btw I didn’t forget the manicure, pedicure and full body couples massage.

2.gif

Thanks again,

P C
Hm, I''ve been and I didn''t know you could do it on the replica. I didn''t think they had access. I would scope it out, and make sure this doesn''t ruin your plans. There is a bridge that goes right by there, and it is really pretty too. BEST WISHES, SOUNDS WONDERFUL!
36.gif

Prince_Charming

Rough_Rock
tlh

I have called Paris and they sell packages for the eiffel tower. You can rent out the back end out tower for 30 mins-1hr. They sell roses, chamagne etc etc. They do it all. I will keep all of you posted.

PC

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds really great! =) good luck!

Prince_Charming

Rough_Rock

I have a week left before I pop the question! This becoming a overwhelming and im starting become nervous about proposing. I have everything planned out, I hope that she doesn’t figure anything out. She has been hinting about a proposal but I have kept telling her that I haven’t had time to look for a ring and the ones that I have looked at I cannot afford it.

I have one dilemma, I have made reservations for a Suite at the Bellagio, but how do I play that off? I was thinking that I would say that the hotel was overbooked and they gave us whatever was avail for 1 night and they will give us our regular room the next day. What do you guys think?

Thanks guys,

PC

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hi there!

I think your plan sounds great, very romantic.

I would just tell your gf that you wanted to make this a special getaway for the two of you and you got a great deal so the suite was only a little more than a regular room....so you figured why not.

I know a lot of you guys really want to make the proposal a complete surprise but it''s likely that she''s already got an idea of what''s to come. You mentioned that she has been hinting around about a proposal and you''ve got this trip coming so...

My advice would be not to obsess so much about everything being a total surprise and just focus on treating your gf to a lovely, romantic trip. Focus on creating a beautiful memory together and don''t stress yourself out about her figuring things out.

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
I think that sounds like a great idea... just play it off like the hotel is overbooked. I wouldn''t tell her until the day of though. I think surprises tend to get ruined if you try to overplan and tell her too far in advance that you guys got a suite on account of a hotel error. I know you probably have an idea of how you''re going to play this out but just some suggestions...

What if.... on the day that you arrive in Vegas pretend to check your voicemail and seem really confused when you get the voicemail message and say that the hotel called you and left you a message asking them to contact the hotel manager asap... Then "call" him back and you could either:

(1) seem really pissed off/upset b/c they overbooked and had to give away your room, then at a later time after you''ve had "time to resolve the issue with the hotel" tell her they agreed to upgrade your room at no charge (I like the getting upset part b/c I think it really sells the story as long as you''re a good pretender); or

(2) call the hotel live when she''s around (and call a friend instead) and have your friend play along and get the upgrade right then and there.

you could do many variations of the overbooked story thing but I think that definitely works.

One suggestion on being overwhelmed. I was feeling the same way the night before I popped the question. What I did was write everything down... I simply wrote out the steps that I needed to take and a list of what I needed. After I finished my little memo to myself I felt much better and much more calm that everything was set.

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Good luck and congratulations by the way! I''m sure it will be awesome. Enjoy the moment and try to take as many pictures as you can. I have pictures of me hiding that my friend took of me and all of us get a kick out of it every time we see those pictures...

Prince_Charming

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your advice. I think the pissed off phone call should do the trick. I think that I'm a good pretender. LOL. We will take as many pics as possible.

I have written my speech, so I will have to practice saying it.

Thank you to all of you on wishing me good luck and the Congrats. I can't believe that we are getting engaged!

Prince_Charming

Rough_Rock
I just picked up the ring...God it looks amazing!!!! I''m excited! I will post pictures after the engagement.

Prince_Charming

Rough_Rock

I finally did it! Here is how... We flew out to Vegas on 2/26, the night before I called my friend to tell him to call me and tell me that my reservation was cancelled at the Bellagio and that there is nothing that they can do. So he called and we played it off. She got furious; she was saying how a 5 diamond hotel gets over booked. She wanted to call the reservation line and want to complain but I didn’t let her. A few hours later my friend called back staying that they will accommodate us, and the hotel is going to have a limo pick us up. (Keep in mind that i have already arranged everything. The limo, room etc). We fly into Vegas around 8:30 and there is a man waiting by the luggage claim with my name. He gets our bags and we are off to the hotel.

Once we get to the hotel, the bellman gets our luggage and we go into the executive lounge to check in. As we are checking in she is telling me to ask about what is going to happen to our room tomorrow. I told her that not to worry, the hotel will take care of us.

We check into a luxurious suite that over looks the water show, the Eiffel Tower, etc.

We go down to eat, and then we had an appointment at the Bellagio Spa. There we had a couples massage, she had a manicure/pedicure and facial.

Its getting time for dinner, so we get ready and I surprise her by having dinner at a fine Italian restaurant at the hotel (included with the room). Since we are both vegetarians I had a special request for the chef to prepare only a vegetarian meal (which he did an excellent job).

After dinner, I told her that we are going to walk around. She was a little shocked because her feet were hurting due to her heels.

After walking around and her whining about her feet, we come to the Paris hotel, So I told her that lets go gamble for a few mins.

So after gambling I had to get a drink because I was getting really nervous at this point. I told her that I have to use the rest room and I left her at the bar, I actually went to get the tickets to go up to the Eiffel Tower.

After getting the tickets, i finished my drink and I told her lets go.

We make our way to the escalator and she is asking me where were going. I told her we are going for another walk. We go up the escalator and there is a guy waiting to take our picture before we go up to the observation deck. So she knew that we were going up on top of the Eiffel Tower.

When we get to top, I hurried and found a great spot for us to watch the Bellagio water show. Once the show started I made her stand on a platform and I asked to turn around. I had a speech prepared but I was too nervous to get it out. All I got out was WILL YOU MARRY ME.

Her response was SHUT UP!!! and then it was YOU''RE KIDDING ME!!!! and the she said YES YES YES YES I WILL MARRY YOU!!!!

She didn’t know what kind of ring it was until she took a closer look at it. I had the ring of her dreams custom made!

I would like to thank everyone that helped me out in making this possible!!

PC

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
My first impulse was on the slopes - beautiful! but its true - ski gear is awkward and you would NOT want to drop that ring in the snow! So how bout a beautiful room in a lodge/cabin, open fireplace, hot tub set-up for romantic apres ski proposal. With the snow falling too (god-willing) that would be SIGH, romantic!

My other vote is for NYC.

I''ll veto vegas (unless it would really suit her personality) because i find a proposal on top of the fake tour eifel somewhat disappointing - the real one though would definitely get my vote though!!

Still im going to stick with romantic mountains proposal, Vail or Beaver Creek or somewhere....

good luck prince charming, cant wait to hear what you do
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results