shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal questions. You can thank my SO for this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Last week my SO goes..

"So, for the proposal, indoor or outdoor? Crowd or no crowd?"

I didn''t know what to say, because I''m not sure! What would you ladies say, and why? Maybe hearing some different perspectives will give me a better idea of the pros and cons of each.

I''m so excited!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Indoor/outdoor doesn''t matter, but crowd vs. no crowd is crucial.

I am firmly in the private, no crowd proposal....crowd.
2.gif
I think it''s a very private moment, and I don''t want to feel like a spectacle. It''s also why I want a super small DW.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Haha, that''s great! My fiance was the same, asking brick-to-the-head-subtle questions like, "Do you like champagne?" "What''s your favourite flower?" and stuff like that before he proposed. I say answer him honestly--if you don''t care, say you don''t care, but if you DO care, let him know your preference! Obviously he''s asking in order to make it as perfect for you as possible, which is absolutely adorable.

Yay!! So exciting!!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I would prefer outdoors, but either is fine. (weather is unpredictable)

I'd love to have a public proposal that included my friends and family, my alma mater, or anything that I love or enjoy. I think wedding/marriage vows are very personal and private, I think engagements, ring and all, are for sharing and partying! (I know, I'm backwards!) This might have to do with the fact that I don't have to say anything for the engagement, except say yes... hehe. Oh well. Engagement = party! The more, the merrier.

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
For me, I prefer outdoor and private. Outdoor because I woud love to be proposed to overlooking an amazing view. And private because I would be embarrassed to be the center of attention. How cute that your bf wants to give you what you want. Keeper!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
OMG if my FI ever knew the thoughts that I have created in my head surounding the "proposal" for when I get my ring (if I ever get my ring, that is). He would probably die!

I''ve created so many possible scenarios that at this point he would probably come close to getting one of them right
2.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Outdoors, and private. Ha I found a winner! Sorry, its how H did it and what I really wanted!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice guy to ask! I more or less told my BF that I don''t want a crowd, though I''m sure he already knows that. I hate being the center of attention. Besides, I feel like it''s a very private moment. Though I wouldn''t mind a little family gathering to be arranged right afterwards, for all the celebrating, oooing and ahing.

So for myself I would say, private proposal. As for indoors or outdoors? That''s a good question! Depends of the location, ya know? I''d say as long as the setting is intimate. But that''s me.

It really depends on what you''re comfortable with. Are you more of a private person, or do not mind drawing a little attention? As to the indoors/outdoors thing...how''s the weather where you live? If you live close to some beautiful natural sites (ie beach, mountains, etc) maybe outdoors is the way to go. If you two are more of the homebody type, maybe indoors?

Let us know what you tell him!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
No crowds.... private. indor outdoor i don''t care, as long as he finally does it!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Lol thanks ladies for the input. Here is what I''ve come up with.

Crowd?: I don''t mind being the center of attention at all, in fact I think it could be fun. But honestly I would prefer if my family was not there. Something about being proposed to in front of perfect strangers is more appealing to me than people I know.
26.gif

No Crowd?: While I do think this would be romantic, my boyfriend is a Leo (yes, I''m an astrology nut), and he actually performs better (lol listen to me..
20.gif
) when he is around other people. For some reason I think the moment would be more spontaneous and fun if there was a crowd.. I think he''d be more into it.

Indoor?: Honestly, I don''t want a restaurant proposal. I really think I''m going to bawl and I just don''t think a restaurant is a good place for that.. And then I got to thinking, where else would be a place that I would like to be proposed to.. indoors? NOWHERE! If I can''t think of a place in the immediate area intimate enough to propose in, Lord knows HE can''t!

Outdoor?: The only drawback about this is that we live a part of Maryland where the only real beautiful place to go (that would be proposal worthy..) would be Sugarloaf Mountain. We go there alot.. I just don''t want to be NERVOUS everytime he''s like "Hey it''s a nice day, let''s go to Sugarloaf"

Me: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
20.gif
20.gif

But he does know a lot of places in the outdoor world that I don''t. And his dad was in the park service for a while so..

I''m gonna go ahead and say CROWD/OUTDOOR.

I hope he thinks of something interesting and I''ll keep you all posted, of course.
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 9:20:09 PM
Author: Feralpenchant
Lol thanks ladies for the input. Here is what I''ve come up with.

Crowd?: I don''t mind being the center of attention at all, in fact I think it could be fun. But honestly I would prefer if my family was not there. Something about being proposed to in front of perfect strangers is more appealing to me than people I know.
26.gif

No Crowd?: While I do think this would be romantic, my boyfriend is a Leo (yes, I''m an astrology nut), and he actually performs better (lol listen to me..
20.gif
) when he is around other people. For some reason I think the moment would be more spontaneous and fun if there was a crowd.. I think he''d be more into it.

Indoor?: Honestly, I don''t want a restaurant proposal. I really think I''m going to bawl and I just don''t think a restaurant is a good place for that.. And then I got to thinking, where else would be a place that I would like to be proposed to.. indoors? NOWHERE! If I can''t think of a place in the immediate area intimate enough to propose in, Lord knows HE can''t!

Outdoor?: The only drawback about this is that we live a part of Maryland where the only real beautiful place to go (that would be proposal worthy..) would be Sugarloaf Mountain. We go there alot.. I just don''t want to be NERVOUS everytime he''s like ''Hey it''s a nice day, let''s go to Sugarloaf''

Me: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
20.gif
20.gif

But he does know a lot of places in the outdoor world that I don''t. And his dad was in the park service for a while so..

I''m gonna go ahead and say CROWD/OUTDOOR.

I hope he thinks of something interesting and I''ll keep you all posted, of course.
1.gif
Hey, I''m from Maryland and can think of quite a few beautiful, proposal-worthy places outside! Of course, if you go to Sugarloaf a lot, then maybe that would be the place since it''s lovely *and* has personal meaning for you, but he also might know that you''d get all anxious, thinking that might be the place, and choose somewhere else to throw you off. Who knows? The waiting game is so much fun.
2.gif

Sounds so exciting!!!! Can''t wait to hear how he decides to do it!
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo, Maryland is so pretty. Not to mention they have the yummiest crabcakes!

Glad you figured it out! Hopefully you won''t have to wait too long!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I agree with others... Indoor/outdoor, doesn''t really matter. But the privacy factor (for me, at least) would be crucial. It was a sweet, emotional moment, and I wouldn''t want to feel awkward knowing that others are watching me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results