shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Ideas Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeedIdeas

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any ideas to propose in Ohio? There arent any beaches or anything like that. We are both teachers but school is out. I want to do something like a blimp ride or a suprise picnic, something like that. Does any one have any other ideas for me? Or if you have details to add to any one of my ideas just let me know. I want to ask her in late July or August. Thanks!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Depending on your girlfirend's likes and dislikes, try catering to those...Like if she is an avid animal lover, see if there is a zoo and a cute stuffed animal of her favorite species...tie the ring to the neck of the toy...or you can always find a local garden or park to set up a picnic.

Helicopter rides, baloons, blimps, etc are also lavish ideas... Try a nostalgic little tour of your town from first date to favorite spot and at the end have a little picnic set up, even if it's a little pond or grove or something.

Use elements like sunrise or sunset to accentuate the landscape if it's a totally clear field with a bright night sky....have blankets waiting for you and a basket of desserts to see the stars together... Know your landscape and use it to your advantage.

Last resort would be to take her to a fancy restaurant and do it there, but I think in every town and every state there is something awesome about the nature of the landscape, and how people can use that to make it special and private. Just a thought!

Good luck!!!

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
Where do you live? I'm from Sunbury, just north of Columbus. Have you lived there long?

I enjoy the challenge, so I'll think about your question! Right off the top of my head, I have to suggest Inniswood Metro Gardens in Westerville--its gorgeous!

Maybe you could do a surprise weekend getaway to a B&B in Southeastern Ohio. It'd be a short but beautiful ride through the Appalachian foothills.

Also, if you want to try the picnic route, there are several beautiful dams in Ohio that would make for a breathtaking background. I like Hoover Dam in Westerville, but whereever you live, I'm sure there's a comparable one.

The nice thing about Ohio is that there is an abundance of space, so finding a private place to share the proposal won't be too difficult.

I like both of your ideas, but a surprise balloon ride seems one of the coolest ideas so far.

Good luck! Please stay with us and let us know how it goes!

NeedIdeas

Rough_Rock
I live in Columbus, OH. Thanks very much for those ideas I will have to check out what you said about Westerville. The problem about doing the Blimp ride is that I dont have any conncections to set it up. Thanks for the help, let me know if you think of anything else.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I'm not from Ohio, but I have family in Cincinnati and several people (including my parents) have gotten married at Ault Park. The park is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! When my dad proposed to my mom there, he asked to have a certain area of the park "blocked off" for them, and actually had some of the park rangers help him set up a picnic. He sprinkled rose petals around the area, had champagne, and an amazing meal waiting for them. So, after taking a nice walk through the park right before sunset, they came to a clearing at which time my mom could see the picnic set up. When my dad noticed that she was kind of catching on to the fact it was set up for them, my dad got down on one knee and proposed. They then shared a romantic dinner as the sun set. Six months later they were married at the same spot.

In other words, think of a place you would like to get married, and, if possible, propose there. There are some beautiful places in Cincinnati along the Ohio River, and several gorgeous parks. I'm not familiar at all with Columbus (I've only been there once), but think of historical buildings, places with water, scenic views, etc. If you can't think of any, do a search on theknot.com for locations in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results