shape
carat
color
clarity

proposal idea- any suggestions

cjaama

Rough_Rock
so i've had the ring for a couple weeks now and i've had an idea about how i was going to do it, but i'm just now making the final preparations and was looking for people's opinions and if they can think of anything to possibly add to it.

a week from today is her birthday. she is working a half day and i am going to surprise her the night before by telling her that i got her a spa package. she'll go after work and get massage, facial, and pedicure.
then we are going for a nice dinner with some friends, followed by going to see "it's a wonderful life", which is being shown at the historic 3,000 seat theater across the street (this is the 3rd year we'll be going and it is becoming a bit of a tradition we look forward to). after dinner, we'll go back to the same restaurant/bar for a couple drinks. she already knows about all of this. i've told my friends we're going out with to have excuses ready for why they can't be out for more than a couple drinks, as i don't want either of us sloppy for obvious reasons.
then we will go home (we live together) and i will tell her that i could only afford to get her one thing for her birthday this year and she will assure me that the spa and dinner were more than enough and she will mean it (she is a wonderful person, whom i know well). i will be giving her a nice sweater from jcrew, monogrammed with her initials, but with the initial from my last name. i'll tell her that i wanted her to have something she could wear after we're married (we've gotten things monogrammed for each other in the past). then i'll ask her to try it on to make sure it fits (she's tall, so things rarely fit right) and the ring will be sewn into the inside of the left cuff and [hopefully] she'll notice it while trying it on.

i'm going to ask her parents for permission the morning of. i know they'll say yes, it's just a formality. they love me and i love them. when i do it, i'll likely ask her mother to sew in the ring to add to the personalization (and since i have no clue how to sew).

any advice is much appreciated!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think that sounds nice but why not just give her the ring (like have you presenting it in the box?) If you sew it to the sweater it may get lost or ruin the sweater...the last thing you want is for her to drop it on the floor and be crawling around looking for it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results