shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purple

Rough_Rock
I find myself in a bit of a dilemma ... I am living in the UK this year (Oct 2005 to July 2006) and my gf is working in Canada. I had a custom e-ring made (2.01ct Asscher in a beautiful solitaire setting) but it is still back in Canada (long story). My girlfriend has no idea that I''ve bought a ring, so when I do propose, I expect it to be a complete surprise. She''s coming to visit in a couple of weeks and we''re going to spend a few days in London and then we''re going to Morocco for 10 days. I am undecided as to whether I should (1) propose in Morocco with a substitute ring and then give her the real ring when we are back in Canada for Christmas; or (2) wait until we''re back in Canada and propose there with the actual ring.

Option 1 is nice because I''ll do the proposal in a unque setting and then we get to travel together for a while as an engaged couple. But, the "effect" of the ring itself is lost ....

Ideas???

Thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
is there no way to get the ring from canada?? that''s ashame. it would be ideal to propose in morocco with the real ring-but of course you know that. maybe someone else will chime in with ideas.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Can you have the jeweler wrap up the ring and put in a big box with some rocks, and have it delivered to your girlfriend and have her bring it with her to Morocco? If she''s not the curious type, and you tell her it''s her Christmas gift and she is forbidden to look, it just may work.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
That is a delimma...In my opinion...you MUST propose in Morocco! I am an old movie junkie...and the thought of romance has me jumping for joy! Morocco will be something so special and unique that the two of you will share over a lifetime. You can always have Moroccian food and music on anniversaries....OH PLEASE OH PLEASE do ask there. Just how many times will you be there in the future? London, Paris...Italy....these are all so great...but BIG. Morocco just your little hideway, and soooo unique-ly yours.

Do all you can do to get that ring ...is there a buddy that can get it to a shipper? I realize that is somewhat risky in that if there is a delay...it is going to miss you all together. I would hope you could have the ring there...but if you think about the hassle of customs...if may be a difficult thing to hide anyway. (Maybe that could be the reason you have a subsitute...the unknown of the custom procedures...) And your idea of the subsitute is going to allow you another opportunity to surprise propose again in Canada at one of your favorite spots. Girls are sappy...double dip her in proposals...you''ll get twice as many smooches!

I am most intrigued by the thought of involvement...I have no life (ha ha)...anyway I hope to research the local custom in Morocco...maybe there is something used there (tradition, custom of the native people...) at the time of proposal that you can use. You just may luck out that way and get by with say the customary gift of say....a pig ! Just kidding. You know middle eastern country''s brides are given specific golden gifts native to the traditions....maybe a pair of golden slippers work. That is my mission...to find that out (pig, slippers, etc...). Did I beg enough for the Moroccian proposal? Please. Please...Please...!! Oh don''t forget you get free upgrades as a just engaged couple...another reason to ask there! Please Morocco.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PS. The effect of a 2 carat asscher is never lost. Only delayed for the excitement of the holidays. And only for 3 weeks. You can tell her she''ll have it by the end of January...and then surprise her at Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results