Votes: 1 100.0%
  • More than 30% but less than 50%

• 75% and above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I always wonder the number of loose gemstones we buy each year with the intention of setting them and how many we actually manage to set.

For myself I think it's some where around 15%.

The second answer should be 10% to 20%.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
nice poll:) I chose 75%, is it just me? I will always make sure that I get a mount that fit, every time I make any gem purchase. I just don''t feel good for my gems to be ''without a home'':)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 3:00:52 AM
Author: chictomato
nice poll:) I chose 75%, is it just me? I will always make sure that I get a mount that fit, every time I make any gem purchase. I just don''t feel good for my gems to be ''without a home'':)

Me too! It drives me crazy that I still don''t have my ACS supernova tourmaline set
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ya, I voted more than 50%. Much prefer to have them set so I can enjoy them daily
5.gif

Plus finding/creating the right setting to match the stone is so much of the fun!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I set most of mine because I want to be able to take them outside to play!

Sigh...still have to set my blue tourmaline, and a set of chrome garnets.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I probably set fewer than half. I was busy catching up doing setting, and not buying, but then these year-end sales came along.
20.gif
I am weak.
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m probably in the 10-20% range too. It takes me forever to make up my mind as to what I want to do with them all. :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
75 and up. It drives me crazy to have loose stones sitting around that I can''t enjoy in jewelry!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won''t include the stones I have that are just to play with
17.gif
But I would be in the 30-50% range. Somtimes I have settings that work out, sometimes I don''t. I figure that with the price of gold going up, if I can use a setting I have just sitting around all the better!

I will also be one of those to admit sometimes I buy the setting first, then try to find a stone to match.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first started out, I didn't set any of them. Now that I know more about gemstones, I buy nicer ones (I hope) but far fewer that I used to. I also plan to set these newer ones but the design takes time so they will get set, just not right away. So in terms of 2009, I guess my setting rate is quite high?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I put less then 10%. The only ones I have set this year are my 1.3ct tanzanite and 1.2ct diamond. My paraiba wont be set till jan-ish- so I cant count that one.
I have my stones hanging on the wall though, so I can still enjoy them.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely less than 10% for me. I even have two empty settings sitting around. I just can''t figure out which stones I want to set in them!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results