shape
carat
color
clarity

proper lightig for make up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if anyone can help out.There are so many options in the lighting department and the sales people have many opinions.I know the light should come right into your face and not from above.Halogen or not? We are looking to get some installed for that purpose as its far too dark now.
Any suggestions? Thanks

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, even with the bright day light bulbs I can walk out of the house with a soft lavendar eyeshadow, get in the car with natural light to check my makeup and Holy Cats looks like I got socked in the nose!!! Wipe, wipe, wipe...

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My best suggestion is to get a lighted magnifying mirror.
But for lighting, anything that has full spectrum light will be the best so you get the colors close.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
You mean I should stop putting my make-up on the dark????
25.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Starset Princess at least I have company.No kidding I have exact problem..Maybe we find an answer here..

Thanks Brazen Irish Hussy: I have tried the lighted magnifying mirror it helps somehow,but I still need more light.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 2:17:05 PM
Author: scarleta
I have tried the lighted magnifying mirror it helps somehow,but I still need more light.
I agree. Until they make one that is the size of my bathroom mirror, it''s just not enough to get a big picture. If all I did was look at my eyes, I''d think I did a pretty fantabulous job. Related to my outfit, though, I look like Mimi.

I''ve heard the best solution is lighting on the left and right of your mirror. Maybe those strips with four bulbs across the top of your mirror can be mounted on the sides, but then you have a wiring complexity...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
"You mean I should stop putting my make-up on the dark????"

Keep doing what you are doing if it works for you.
We all did it too, but I can promise you one day will come and you will need more lighthing.Sorry dear...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
" left and right of your mirror"
Yes that is correct , but what lighting ? to choose?

Erin

Ideal_Rock

Professional Style Makeup Lighting

If you want to go all out this is the best lighting set-up you could have and the one I personally prefer to work with.
Place strip lighting (which consist of a row of naked light bulbs) along the sides and one along the top of your mirror.
Make sure the strips are long enough for the mirror - ideally the light bulbs should go completely around the mirror sides and top.
You don''t need to have lights along the bottom ,it''s not really necessary.
When positioning the strip lighting make sure the lights are shining on your face and not into the mirror. You don''t want any glare off the mirror.
Use low wattage, coated bulbs which throws a soft light or natural daylight bulbs.
And if you can, place them on a dimmer so you can adjust the brightness.

From

http://makeup2beauty.blogspot.com/2007/11/makeup-lighting-for-your-home.html

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Starset Princess: good points here.Yes I was also thinking of a dimmer so it can be adjusted just in case..Thanks for the link will check it out later.(I am very hungry now)

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
I know this isn''t really what you wanted to know, but I''m going to share my routine anyway...
2.gif

I always do my makeup in sunlight.
I make sure the indoor light is off, and my vanity area faces the window.
I''ve been doing this for years and it hasn''t failed me yet.
Even on cloudy days, you''d be surprised how much natural light you get.

If you have a window near your make up application area, I''d recommend rearranging towards it.
Just my two cents.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 1:25:19 AM
Author: lovelee
I know this isn''t really what you wanted to know, but I''m going to share my routine anyway...
2.gif

I always do my makeup in sunlight.
I make sure the indoor light is off, and my vanity area faces the window.
I''ve been doing this for years and it hasn''t failed me yet.
Even on cloudy days, you''d be surprised how much natural light you get.
If you have a window near your make up application area, I''d recommend rearranging towards it.

Just my two cents.
1.gif
Ditto ditto! Do your makeup in the lighting you will be seen in.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Lovelee you are a 100% right on this one( natural day light is the absolute best) its not an option for me so I have to improvise..

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I always do my face in ''natural'' light . . . . ''cause I''m usually on my way to work!!! No, I''m not doing my eye makeup. Except at stop lights.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results