shape
carat
color
clarity

Prop 8 - Prostests around the country

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Protest Prop 8!

A list of demonstrations going on around the country for this Saturday November 15. Thought this might be helpful for those outside of CA who feel helpless about fighting back.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
This is great Elle! There are a lot of demonstrations going on.

There was one on Wednesday night on Broadway and 61st here in New York. My car was the first to be stopped at the light so I had a front row seat. The mood was great (peaceful) and everyone was very passionate!

ETA: Mixed up the cross streets!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We''re going to the one here in Portland! I''m really looking forward to it.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting this!

DW and I are helping to plan and promote our local protest. It is going to be great, and it is nice to be able to *do* something, since we are on the east coast at the moment, but profoundly impacted by the passing of prop 8. It is nice to know so many people are getting involved!

I think Nov. 15th will have an impact. :) Thanks to all attending!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I will peacefully be there at our local protest.
9.gif
10.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Our rally/protest today in W. MA went really well! DW and I were involved in organizing it, and we got to stand on the steps of City Hall because DW gave a speech [I was too shy!] so we could see everything really well. Our area is really rural and it was raining most of the day, but around 300-500 people showed up, regardless! It felt good to be doing *something* finally.

How did the other protests go, PSers? I''ve been reading about rallies across the country and it sounds like there were impressive turnouts. It is nice to see such solidarity and cooperation moving forward.
16.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wishful, I just wanted you to know that we marched today, and there were about 10,000 marchers in attendance. It was an amazing turn out with many people from all walks of life: gay, straight, families, babies, white, black, hispanic, asian, pacific islander, etc.). Best sign of the day was a girl who had a big sign that read:

"I cant believe we still have to protest this sh*t!"
(checked box) Women''s Rights
(checked box) Civil Rights
(unchecked box) Gay Rights

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw on my local news that there was a rather small protest yesterday in a city close to where I live. There were only 5 people protesting and marching, but hey, it''s better than none, right?
1.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
My best friend saw Andrew Sullivan at the DC protest. His blog has lots of comments and photos from the various protests from around the country, it''s interesting and moving to read/see. But this one, thus far, takes the cake and is actually one of the, if not *the* main reason I wanted to get married and not just for me to have a say on my husband''s behalf, but more important to me was that he could have a say on mine. No one knows us better than each other: http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/11/the-view-fro-93.html

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
We protested here in Sacramento, California with 1500 people. Small compared to the bigger cities, but effective nonetheless. Weather was great, had the protection of the local police who closed down the streets when we marched. Overall, great day.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We had about 3000 people at the rally here. My boyfriend actually was in the picture they showed in the paper! It was great to see so much support.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results