shape
carat
color
clarity

Prong Indecision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluej422

Rough_Rock
Help, please. I''m having prong indecision. I''m having the Aramis ring custom-made by whiteflash for my round brilliant diamond (about 1.7 c). Do I go with the prongs as they appear in the aramis picture (single claw style prongs)? Or do I go with more standard, delicate, rounded prongs? I''m leaning towards using the claw style ones, but since it is a dainty style ring I don''t want to coverup or overpower too much of the stone. What do you guys think? Here''s a pic of the original aramis design from the whiteflash gallery.

aramis2.jpg

bluej422

Rough_Rock
And these are rounded prongs.

roundy.jpg

bluej422

Rough_Rock
Sorry, here''s bigger pic of the aramis (claw prongs) from the whiteflash gallery

aramis3.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I know, the claw prongs are smaller (narrower) than the round ones. Maybe the pictures distort perspective somehow...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the claw prongs myself. Very pretty.
2.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
another vote for the claw!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Hard to tell from the picture, but I think I like the claw.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
What did you decide? I have been enamored by this Aramis setting, so please keep us posted!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 2:41:20 PM
Author: Lynn B
What did you decide? I have been enamored by this Aramis setting, so please keep us posted!!!

ditto. There have been a few of us who would love to see a side view of that ring. WF didn''t take any other pictures so we just have to wait for someone like you to get it and hopefully post a whole bunch of pictures when it''s done
9.gif

oh, and I''d go with the claw prongs
1.gif

abc123

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking around PS for a bit now trying to soak in all the info before I make a purchase. A big thanks to everyone on this forum . . . you are an unmeasurably helpful resource and will probably hear more from me in the future.

Anyways, I came across this thread and WOW!!! That Aramis setting looks amazing and motivated me enough to make my first post. I also vote for the claw.

If you don''t mind me asking, how much does a setting like that go for? I just checked WF and their non-custom "Diamonds for an Eternity 2" is $1080 in platinum. I would assume the custom is more, but is there a huge difference?

Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CLAW! if you have the option for claw, i would choose it, the rounded are BORING because everyone gets them (me included!)..hehee..also i tend to think the claw are just as small as the rounded can be.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
DEFINITELY CLAW....perfect for that gorgeous setting! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

bluej422

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for you responses and positive feedback. Claw it is. I spoke with WF and we''re going to do 4 claw prongs on the aramis setting. We should have the wax tomorrow--how exciting!

Since ours is round center stone, the side of the ring isn''t going to look that different from many of the other custom WF rings--the standard 4 prong head peg set onto the ring similar to some of the shared prong eternity setting they''ve done, but with the claw prongs. Leon says that it would be a more dramatic departure from that look if I had a large oval (like the ring in the gallery) since the length of that stone (in the N/S direction ) would be such a difference from the thin width of the band. But never fear, I''ll definitely post pictures of what mine looks like once its done.

bluej422

Rough_Rock
abc--I think price will vary depending on size of the melee you pick and a bunch of other factors. We choose semi-eternity with 14 ACA stones that were about .025 carats each and came out to about $1500 (not including setting the center stone and shipping).

Date: 3/19/2006 4:46:54 PM
Author: abc123
I've been lurking around PS for a bit now trying to soak in all the info before I make a purchase. A big thanks to everyone on this forum . . . you are an unmeasurably helpful resource and will probably hear more from me in the future.

Anyways, I came across this thread and WOW!!! That Aramis setting looks amazing and motivated me enough to make my first post. I also vote for the claw.

If you don't mind me asking, how much does a setting like that go for? I just checked WF and their non-custom 'Diamonds for an Eternity 2' is $1080 in platinum. I would assume the custom is more, but is there a huge difference?

Thanks.

bluej422

Rough_Rock
For anyone who''s interested, here''s the wax for the claw prongs, semi-eternity from WF.

thewax.jpeg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great Blue!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is a tiny detail that will nearly be invisible with such a nice large diamond. Don''t fret over it. Rounded ones can alwasy be made more narrow and pointy. Pointy ones cannot be thinned into round ones. Maybe that is an important way to decide.....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the wax looks great..can''t wait to see the finished ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results