shape
carat
color
clarity

prong edges

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldgreen

Rough_Rock
so, i am having a ring custom made....and need to figure out what to do with the prong edges....i can round them in, but don''t want to have them look too bubbly. does anyone have any good prong pics?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am looking for the same thing. i don''t like when prongs look like "dots" or circles from the top..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look in Show Me the Ring in the above forums and also The Eye Candy folder, you will get lots of ideas from that, many have good closeup pics too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep Lorelei has good advice, tons of prong ideas. I personally like when the prong tips are as thin as possible, like little fingers or spikes holding the diamond in. I have had my prongs shaved down from what they started out as and love them so much more now. I want to see the stone shape, not a prong shape....

Hope you find some good ideas. Also check out
www.artofplatinum.com and www.mwmjewelry.com for some cool prong ideas, aka heart shaped and claw double prongs etc. Fun stuff.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 2:05:01 PM
Author: Mara
Yep Lorelei has good advice, tons of prong ideas. I personally like when the prong tips are as thin as possible, like little fingers or spikes holding the diamond in. I have had my prongs shaved down from what they started out as and love them so much more now. I want to see the stone shape, not a prong shape....

That''s exactly what i am wanting!! so that''s what it''s called? just ask them to shave the prong tip down? i was noticing older set jewelry (like my mom''s ring) has barely there prongs. You focus on the dimond. now, in stores i see huge sticks coming from the diamond. I hate that. i wonder why the shift. Thanks so much for you help!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara, there are so many prong options now it is incredible! I don''t like blobby prongs either, it is so great to have a choice nowadays and as Mara says you can have the prongs adjusted to really show off the stone. Good luck deciding what you like - ah, decisions decisions
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
These are my all time favorite prongs- split claw prongs ala Leon Mege

113_1314 (6).JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Heart Prongs by Mark Morrell
2.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Jason-fin-001 (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results