shape
carat
color
clarity

Project started with Yogo Sapphires and DK

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I am sending DK 2 parcels of Yogos. One has 22 1.5x3 baguettes and the other 10 2.2x3.2 modified french. Originally I was going to have him make two bands. The baguettes channel set in 18k yg and the frenchies bezeled alternating with bezeled round diamonds in 14k wg. My inspiration for the alternating band is a SS diamond band that I fell in love with a long time ago. After receiving the stones and thinking too much, as all ps'ers do, I decided to change my mind, again. I'm going to have him stack the baguettes so they are 3x3 and alternate with diamonds as close to 3mm and stay in budget. The other inspiration band is Green with Envy's ruby SS band from years ago. I'll save the frenchies for another band project when funds allow.
I bought the Yogos on etsy from YogoSapphiresandMore. Jackie was so patient, we must have had 50 or more msgs back and forth. I saw the channel set band at her etsy store. She called it a Water Band because it represented the blue of the Montana rivers.
The Yogos aren't as pale in person and sparkle like crazy. They are pretty close in color although some photographed light and others dark.

_33325.jpg

_33326.jpg

ss_deco_band_-_copy.jpg

ss_ruby_and_diamond_band.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it was ok to post Green with Envy's band. It is so pretty and I'm not copying it exactly. Here's the water band. If anyone has a size 10.5 finger it is a steal. It's in plat and she has it on her site but it's also on ebay for a lot less.

water_band.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! :appl: It's going to be beautiful, can't wait to see the finished piece! DK makes such pretty pieces, I'm so impressed with his work.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie|1439680184|3915002 said:
I hope it was ok to post Green with Envy's band. It is so pretty and I'm not copying it exactly. Here's the water band. If anyone has a size 10.5 finger it is a steal. It's in plat and she has it on her site but it's also on ebay for a lot less.

Not sure what Green With Envy's web site is. Or how to find it on ebay. Can you post some links pls? Thanks.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the confusion. The ruby and diamond band belongs to Green with Envy on PS.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/single-stone-eternity-band-rocks.83941/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/single-stone-eternity-band-rocks.83941/[/URL]
The Water Band, channel set yogos in plat, is from YogoSapphiresandMore on etsy. She has it listed on etsy for $1399 but it is also listed on ebay for $999 or best offer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yogo-Sapphire-1-50tcw-eternity-band-platinum-size-10-1-2-/321743385256?hash=item4ae96672a8...
It is a size 10.5, the customer that ordered the band gave the wrong size so she remade it and is selling this one. She sent me a few videos and it is beautiful. If it was a size 7 I would have snapped it up.
If anyone is interested in starting a Yogo project Jackie also has this site http://www.sapphire-untreated.com/stones.html....
Her husband is yogo guy on ebay. He has some beautiful matching pears but I had to stop myself and focus on the project at hand.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I love your inspiration bands! :love: Looking forward to seeing your project come to life in DK's capable hands! :appl:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
DK has the yogos and I am waiting to hear back about my new design. Depending on the new quote, I'll decide whether to go ahead with another band using the 10 2.2x3.2 modified french yogos.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Great news! Glad they made it safely to DK. Hope your quote ends up being reasonable enough to do the additional band. :pray:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds like an exciting project! I don't quite understand what your design is, but I look forward to seeing it! I have a beautiful Yogo french cut sapphire band made by CVB Inspired Design.

2014-07-17_11.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
DS, I love your band. That is the style I'm going for. I was unable to find the rectangular yogos the closest are the 2.2x3.2 modified french yogos. DK sent a drawing using those stones alternating with diamonds but I decided I wanted a wider band so I am using the 1.5x3 baguettes stacked in each bezel. I like the two different styles of milgrain on the all diamond SS band. I asked DK if he could clip the corners of the bezels around the yogos like that band. My vision is that the band would be a combination of the ruby & diamond and the all diamond bands.
I'm thinking of what to do with the frenchies. I have 10 of them and don't want to have them just sit in their envelope. I'm waiting for DK to get back to me with a drawing so I know how many of the small baguettes I'll have left. Maybe I can figure out a design that uses all the yogos in one band.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
nonie - mind sharing where you sourced the yogo sapphires? I love them and have a few projects in mind, but am having trouble finding them?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Kind of bummed. I thought I could stack the small baguettes and bezel each stack so they looked like a 3x3 sapphire but DK said no. He sent a photo of 2 baguettes stacked separated by a bar then a round. Although the band was pretty, it was not the deco look I wanted. I am going back to my original designs. The small baguettes channel set in 18k yg with fine milgrain. I've attached Muluver's SS channel set band. The deco band alternating the yogos with diamonds in DK's 14k unplated wg. It will be simialar to DS's yogo band that she posted above. My modified french yogos will have a squarer look because they are 2.2x3.2. I've attached a photo of Butterfly17's pink sapphire and diamond band. The sapphires look like a similar shape as mine.

double_milgrain_squarer_baguettes.jpg

deco_and_channel_migrained.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
The wax for my bands are being made, yeah. I have a question...should I use single or full cut 2mm diamonds in the yogo and diamond deco band? I've read the treads comparing the two but my little diamonds aren't in a halo of an old cut stone. I'm worried that the single cuts won't have the sparkle and I'll be disappointed. Should I be cautious and request full cut?
Does anyone have DK's single cut melee. From what I've read, it is very important that they are very well cut.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I saw your question on my thread. I have such mixed feelings about single versus full cuts. Single cuts are subtle and antique while excellent cut full cuts are just going to sparkle more. I also have single cuts in the halos of my sapphire earrings. I would probably just use full cuts in a size that small (and since they are in a bezel), especially if you want them to sparkle. I am working on a ring reset right now that will involve a few melee stones, and I have such trouble deciding that!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Flash and sparkle are important so I guess I'll be going for ideal full cut.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The great news is that the full cuts cost a little less than well cut single cuts! It's not enough money to matter with a small number of stones, but it is a bonus!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I see that you decided to go for full cut diamonds, which I agree with if you want the multiple flashes and sparkle for that size. I wanted to include pics of the single cut side stones in my vintage Jabel e-ring to help you feel even more certain. The single cuts definitely give broader flashes and let the center stone have all the attention. The side stone closest to the center are the ones that measure around 2 mm.

I would have to say though, that for any future projects that involve diamonds just at or less than 1 mm, it would be budget/preference related for very well cut single cuts because I have another vintage ring with stones in that size range and they are very glittery and have tons of sparkle and flash for their size.

I can't wait to see your finished rings.

img_20150828_010459.jpg

img_20150828_010555.jpg

img_20150828_010624.jpg

img_20150828_010811.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
lovesvintage, thanks for your input and the photos...beautiful.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the casting for the deco band. The line milgrain around the yogos and the beads around the diamonds will be applied by hand.
The band is 3.1mm wide so will work with my wb and alone.

20150902_001947.jpg

20150902_001959.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
DK sent photos of the 18k yg channel set band. It is 2.2mm wide and 2mm off the finger. I love the yogos I hope they look as bright irl. The seller said that the crown of the baguettes was a cardinal cut. It does seem as if they are not as flat as regular cut baguettes. He did not apply the milgrain but can add it. What do you think, should I have it milgrained?

band9899.jpg

band9905.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE how things are turning out. Yes I would milgrain it!!! :bigsmile:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I would milgrain it and I think it will be beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Noniemarie, how are you planning to wear these? Will the bands be stacked together?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby|1441556906|3924302 said:
Noniemarie, how are you planning to wear these? Will the bands be stacked together?
When I get them I'll probably stack because they will be new and I'll want to look at them all the time. I think I'm going to not milgrain the channel band. It will be paired with plain bands so I'll have something modern and something antique.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
NonieMarie|1441574996|3924403 said:
Rockinruby|1441556906|3924302 said:
When I get them I'll probably stack because they will be new and I'll want to look at them all the time. I think I'm going to not milgrain the channel band. It will be paired with plain bands so I'll have something modern and something antique.

That sounds lovely! I don't know why, but I think I like the channel band best as it is without milgrain. That's why I was asking about how you planned to wear them. I could see the milgrain tying them together visually, but I like your idea of having something modern vs vintage better. :wavey:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I am still waiting on the deco band. I guess there is a lot of milgraining going on and I was late to the party :((

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
NonieMarie|1442196515|3927399 said:
I am still waiting on the deco band. I guess there is a lot of milgraining going on and I was late to the party :((

I can't wait to see it. Most days time goes by very quickly unless you are waiting for new jewelry to arrive! :naughty:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: DK said they will be sent out today

band409.jpg

band408.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another beautiful job by DK. Love them both. Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results