shape
carat
color
clarity

Professional Cleaning Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! My fiance bought my ring in our home town (he loves dealing with local trusted dealers who have been in business for several decades) - my question is: We live over 100 miles away from our hometown and we don''t go home as often as we should (sorry mom)....Will any jewelry store in my current town clean my ring for me?

I don''t want to bring it just anywheres in case I run into a problem that poor Gypsy and her friend had...are there any suggestions to getting it cleaned professionally? Would a local jeweler in my current town clean it for a fee even if I didn''t buy it there?

Just wondering if anyone else gets their jewelry cleaned at a place other than where it was originally purchased.

OH - is cleaning in a US cleaner as good as bringing it to a professional???

Thanks in advance!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use an ultrasonic cleaner, as well as connoisseur''s gel and liquid. They do the trick for me. I''ve had my ring over 8 months and have never needed a professional cleaning.

I don''t know the answers to your other questions, sorry! I don''t really trust anyone I''ve found here to touch my ring, so I''ve yet to try getting it professionally cleaned at all.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d get a smallish US cleaner as well as a steamer (maybe the JewelJet). Using those together should give you the same cleaning as a professional jeweler would...

Also, no matter where you purchased your rings, you should be able to take them to any jeweler and not have to pay for a simple cleaning. Now, when you get into services such as a "clean, polish, tighten" type of thing where they actually clean the ring, polish/buff out scratches or dings, and make sure stones are tightened and secured, then you would be looking at a fee for that type of service. But a simple dip in their US and quick steam should be at no charge, and neither should a visual inspection to check your prongs. I''ve never been to a jeweler who didn''t just offer to clean my rings at no charge...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results