shape
carat
color
clarity

Problems with a princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
I m looking to purchase a princess cut diamond... has anyone had problems with chipping? or have any words of wisdom... I love the look but I m a little worried about getting one? help?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
CutNut, or Garry Halloway (hope I spelt his name right), firmly maintains that all princess cuts will eventually chip (probably at the corners), and he says that even if it's not in your lifetime, it will be in your kids'.

The question you must ask yourself is whether or not you care about such things, or if the only thing that will melt your heart is a princess cut. If that's the case, then insure it, wear it, and love it.

FYI: Princess cuts are most likely to be chipped during the setting process.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I would avoid a thin or very thin girdle especially for a princess.
1.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
I''ve heard about the chipping and it scares me to death
32.gif
. I am so rough on my jewelry. I''ve had mine about 16 months and it''s still intact.
36.gif

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/23/2005 12
6.gif
6.gif
0 AM
Author:diamond-princess
...has anyone had problems with chipping?

Yes, the incidence of chipping is very high with princess cuts

or have any words of wisdom...

If you go with a princess, use a platinum V-tip crown and fully insure the diamond & ring

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only thing id add is it would be good idea to have the place you bought the diamond set it.
That way if it chips during setting its their responsibility.
A lot of place wont take the liability when setting stones from elsewhere and make you sign a waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results