shape
carat
color
clarity

Problem with Channel Setting...Need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, I have noticed for a while that my e-ring setting, which has three princess stones on each side of the band in a channel setting, seems to have some problems. On one side of the setting, the three princess stones seem to be uneven. One is lower, the next is higher, and the last is lower. I am attaching some pics to help you guys see the problem. I called the jewelry store that sold the ring and will be bringing it in tomorrow for them to look at it. My concern is whether or not this can be fixed or whether this setting was madely poorly and/or cheaply (it''s platinum). While the other side is not this bad, it too seems to be uneven when I run my fingernail over it.

Another problem involves the little round sidestones. One is tilted (not seen in the pics), which makes me think that this ring was either hastily made or cheaply made.

So from the limited pics, does this sound like something that can be fixed rather inexpensively?

Thanks in advance!!
36.gif

PICT0192ab.JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Another pic...

100_0532ab.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I see what you mean Stretch 4. I have a right hand ring with princess cut diamonds in a channel setting and they are perfectly smooth and flat. It is not uneven when I run my finger over it. I''m not sure how complicated this would be to fix, but I certainly think it is a good idea to have your jeweler take a look.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I see the problem Stretch. They should be able to fix that for you pretty easily. Looks like they weren't set properly. They should all be flat and in line. Good luck and please let us know what your jeweler says!!!! The other side looks fine.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Live and learn, I stand corrected. Had no clue it was a big thing to fix. Thanks Steve.
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Feydakin
1.gif
Before I posted, I had already went back and reread your article, it is so helpful!

See, I was afraid that this would be a major job, and I''m not quite sure I trust this jeweler and his benchman to fix it since obviously it was done wrong and/or cheaply first time.

Argh, to be honest, I''m thinking and trying to convince the fiance that I want a new setting, but what I say to him just seems to go in one ear and out the other! Men! Maybe I should show him this thread
2.gif

Thanks guys, I''m off to the jewelers today and I''ll let you all know what happens...Cross your fingers for me!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, one more question....do you think this was caused because the ring was sized down from either a 6 or 7 to a 5.25?

Thanks guys!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well, I brought it to my jeweler today and at least he was able to see exactly what I was talking about. The store is actually run by two brothers, and the brother we purchased the ring from about a year ago was not there, so we dealt with the other brother. I''m pretty good at reading people, and from his line of questioning, he seemed very surprised that his brother sold me such a ring. He asked me twice whether I bought it from them and how long ago. He at least admitted that the ring was going to need serious repair and that it wasn''t going to be a quick job. I told my fiance before we went in that if the jeweler told me he could fix it in a very short period of time, I was going to grab my ring and run out the door! LOL
2.gif
We ended up deciding that I will drop the ring off during the week and pick it up on a Saturday, to ensure that they have enough time for all the repairs. We''ll see. I''m still hesitant to leave it with them for fear that the repair job will be less than satisfactory....

Oh well, thank you very much to everyone that gave their advice, especially you Feydakin
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results