shape
carat
color
clarity

Private Vows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I found this thread ages ago and saved it : https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/private-vows.69192/

The idea of having a regular ceremony in front of friends and family, but speaking our vows quietly and privately into each others'' ears instead of out loud, struck a chord with us. Our celebrant is on board and we''re going to do it.

I hope that our guests respond as positively as jas'' did
12.gif

Love the idea so much that I wanted to resurrect the thread.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Here in Australia, in order for your marriage to be valid and legal, all persons present must be able to hear the vows, declarations, etc.

Your officiant might be onboard with it, but I would double check that it doesn''t nullify your marriage.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 1:08:17 AM
Author: honey22
Here in Australia, in order for your marriage to be valid and legal, all persons present must be able to hear the vows, declarations, etc.

Your officiant might be onboard with it, but I would double check that it doesn''t nullify your marriage.
Thanks honey! :) Yup she made sure we''re fulfilling our legal obligations. During the vows section I''m saying out loud "I take you to be my husband".. and then saying my quiet vows to him. He''ll say the same thing out loud (", , wife") and then his quiet vows.

At first I wanted the out loud vow to flow on after the quiet ones, but the celebrant said if you''re going to get all lovestruck and forget your lines, this is when it will happen
30.gif
So we''re saying the legally important bit at the beginning.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
All good. I hope I didn''t come across as condescending, I reread my post and I sounded a little snobbish, today has been a bad one!

Just thought I would let you know, I would feel terrible if down the track I read that someone''s marriage wasn''t legal and I didn''t pipe up earlier
40.gif

I like the idea, it sounds romantic and special. I would say it could be particularly suitable at a big wedding where you want to make it feel a little more ''intimate'' KWIM?

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 5:06:28 AM
All good. I hope I didn''t come across as condescending, I reread my post and I sounded a little snobbish, today has been a bad one!
No no no thanks heaps, it was extremely good advice
1.gif

Sorry you didn''t have the best day yesterday.... hope today goes better
emrainbow.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely idea! My FI were thinking of doing something similar to this. I''m a giant sap and probably wouldn''t be able to make it through our vows if they were said out loud. We''re going to actually write our vows down and exchange it with one another either before or after the ceremony. Not quite sure which one would be better, but we''d do the actual traditional vow thing in front of friends and family. So we''re going to have the traditional stuff in public and then read either to each other or maybe separately (depending on how sappy this could get since I have a tendency to cry and not just tear up) what we wrote as our vows to each other.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 1:38:05 PM
Author: CoralQuiz
Date: 10/28/2009 5:06:28 AM

No no no thanks heaps, it was extremely good advice
1.gif

Sorry you didn''t have the best day yesterday.... hope today goes better
emrainbow.gif

Awww, thanks sweetie . I have already managed to trip the power in the lab and it''s not even 8am yet, so I don''t know how this one is shaping up either loL!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results