shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess re-set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

Since my original post (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/recently-engaged-and-excited-to-show-off-my-princess-halo.68601/) two months ago, I had some problems with my ring. The center stone was loose less than three weeks after I got it.

I was really worried about the diamond falling out (you could hear it rattling in the setting). I talked to a jeweler about it and he suggested I get the center stone lowered so it wouldn''t be so easy to hit. Since I have a service plan through Jared''s, I took it there to have the prongs tightened and I also asked that they lower the stone. I got my ring back two days later - They put new thick prongs on (which I didn''t like nearly as much as the original prongs), they didn''t lower the stone at all, and they gave it back to me scratched up and unpolished! I was so upset! They offered to take it back and polish it, but claimed those were the only kind of prongs they had. I told them I''d take it somewhere else.

So, I went to a Jared''s in another city where my setting was originally purchased. They were horrified and couldn''t believe they gave me my ring back like it was. They were so nice and understanding. They let me look through several catalogs of prongs that were available to them and talked to me about how they could lower the stone (because it couldn''t be done with the type of prongs I had originally). I got my ring back today, and I think they did a good job with it. The prongs are still a little thicker than the were originally, but the diamond is set a lot lower and I know I won''t hit it nearly as much.

Let me know what you think! I''m still not use to it being set so low, but I like the way it looks.

IMG_1058comp.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Side shot

IMG_1054comp.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
This makes my fingers look so long, lol

IMG_1055comp.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
And straight on

IMG_1071comp.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooooo .......... I liked it before but ................... I LOVE IT NOW :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 5:06:22 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I prefer it set down like this far more than before. Very pretty..!
Ditto ditto!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great!!!!!!! This is how this setting was meant to be IMO! It''s perfect!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It very pretty
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks wondeful! I much prefer the stone set lower in the setting, and I''m sure it will be much safer now.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I also prefer lower settings. Well done. Nice to know at least one Jared''s is providing good customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results