shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut w-band with emerald cut e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
How do you feel about mixing these two cuts in one set? I am having a really hard time finding a wedding band to go with my ering (tapered baguette setting with emerald cut). I am considering just getting a plain platinum band until I can figure out what I really want to get, but SP has a great ring that I am thinking about. Anyway, after all my rambling, how do you feel baout these 2 custs together?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a princess e-band with my EC e-ring. I think it is a great look. What about a wb with bags to match your e-ring?

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:13:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I have a princess e-band with my EC e-ring. I think it is a great look. What about a wb with bags to match your e-ring?
I just went back and found your w band. It looks great with your ering! The one I am looking at is a shared prong eternity band....I guess I should go to a B&M store and try a few on to see what I think. I tried a round cut w-band on, and I am just not crazy about the look with an emerald cut.

I am also considering a bag band, just not really finding anything I love. Any suggestions?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Signed Pieces has bag. bands, ec bands and Asscher bands that I think would look great with an EC center stone. But as to your specific question about mixing an EC ering and a princess wring, I think it would look great as long as the style of the rings is the same.

Will a wband sit flush against your ering?

G/L with your search!

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
I did see that SP has other bands too, and I am considering them as well. Depending on the width, the wband should sit flush. My ering is set pretty high up in a tiffany setting.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 6:46:49 PM
Author: chicagogirl
I did see that SP has other bands too, and I am considering them as well. Depending on the width, the wband should sit flush. My ering is set pretty high up in a tiffany setting.

Wow, cool, so you have some options. I think I would go for the Asscher or EC band... then again I have a weakness for those step cut bands... actually I think I just have a weakness for jewelery...
3.gif
LOL!

Have you tried any wband on with your ering yet? Just to get a feel for what you like the best?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:29:50 PM

I just went back and found your w band. It looks great with your ering! The one I am looking at is a shared prong eternity band....I guess I should go to a B&M store and try a few on to see what I think. I tried a round cut w-band on, and I am just not crazy about the look with an emerald cut.

I am also considering a bag band, just not really finding anything I love. Any suggestions?

Thank you. I am so picky I had to have mine custom made. I do love the idea of getting an assher band (and SP has a ton of them). Why don''t you post a pic of your e-ring and I bet we can come up with something perfect for you!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t mind mixing diamond shapes at all..I have a RB e-ring in a plain solitaire setting and wear it with a WB of princess cuts. I think EC''s look great with princess cuts as well!

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 9:36:07 PM

Date: 8/28/2007 5:29:50 PM

Thank you. I am so picky I had to have mine custom made. I do love the idea of getting an assher band (and SP has a ton of them). Why don''t you post a pic of your e-ring and I bet we can come up with something perfect for you!
Here''s my ering :)

myec.05.jpg

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
And here''s a profile.

Depending on price, it may be another option to get a plain platinum band for now and upgrade to what I really want later. I figure no use wasting $ now on something I may not 100% in love with. In fact, I may see an upgrade to Leon''s classic three stone setting for an anniversary gift down the line :) I am OBSESSED with that setting and a bit angry with myself for not returning the original setting when I knew I was not 100% in love with it. But, I guess it is good that a wband will prob sit flush.
26.gif

sideview1.17.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a three stone bag ring would look great (basically the same setting as your e-ring but a bag in place of the EC).

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i agree with tacori e-ring, that would look great! or this http://www.precisionset.com/product.php?pid=52&line_id=2 which despite being a channel, has always caught my eye. there a bunch from signed pieces that i think would look so good with your ring. i have to post them one at a time, so here we go.....

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another (i have really always loved EC''s in channel settings, it is so clean, so when i saw you had an EC with baguettes, i got all excited. may i ask why you were interested in an eternity with rounds? for the sparkle and fire?)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another.... i think this one would work because of the shape. the girdles/diamonds don't extend beyond the prongs so you'd only have metal to metal contact. i could be wrong, but that is my take.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and finally this one, which might have some more fire and sparkle due to the RBs being in there alternating with ECs.

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks rainydaze! I went to try on some wedding bands yesterday and to ask the jeweler about switching the head in my ring. He said he would do it for me if I REALLY wanted (they had a really nice claw prong basket), but said he personally wouldn''t "touch it with a 10 foot pole, bc it was perfect they way it was." I have been really doubting the ring a lot, so it was nice to hear that. Plus I know that is I was to switch out the head, there is no gaurantee I would like the new one better. Anyway, per fiance, the reset can be a 5 year anniversary present. Leon here we come!

I tried on a few wedding bands and I LOVED the horizontal baguettes that were channel set. I wasn''t crazy about the three stone bags. They just looked to matchy matchy. It was nice to go and get some ideas tho :)

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, a Leon visit for the 5 year anniversary sounds fabulous.
3.gif
Your ring is very pretty, I hope you find a band you love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results