shape
carat
color
clarity

princess cut sidestones....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone... I wanted to get some opinioms as to whether these two stones will match well enough to use as sidestones for my G 2.18 princess center...here are the stats:

rect. modifiedrilliant
5.29 x 4.99
.73 carat
68.3 depth
74 table
G color

and

square mod. brilliant
6.39 x 6.05
.78 carat
71.9 depth
72 table
Thank you in advance for your help!!!!
F color

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I typed the dimensions for the second stone wrong
they are:
5.30 x 5.05
Sorry!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
much would depend on whether or not the stones are similarly graded. if so, then yes colorwise they would match.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
The first stone listed is a vs2 and the second one is a vs1.
Why is one listed as squareand one as rectangular when they are sooo close in measurements?
They are GIA cert. by thr way.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are close, but technically, the first one is rectangular and not square.
you can figure square by dividing the length by the width. square is 1.00 (to 1.10)

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Will the stone which is technically rectangular not be a good match with the other two stones which are tecnically squares?
Thanks!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Tat2db- make sure you get a money back on the side stones.
There''s really no way to tell if they will look good with your center till you put them together and look.
Two stones with the dimensions you posted may match, or not.

If you simply use dimensions- even sarin data- you still can''t assume two diamonds will be a good match.
I mean, you can assume, but we know where that leads.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Thanks-- I will see them before I purchase them. So based on the dimentions I posted--it is worth my jeweler calling them in for me to take a look right?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hi tat2db! I found out with princess cuts you REALLY need to see them in person to judge them properly. I got princess cut stud earrings for my birthday in January. One is described as square and the other as a rectangle much like the pair you are considering. I can honestly tell you that I cannot tell the difference between them and they look like a perfect match. I''m sure that at some point if the stone became way off square you could probably tell the difference but not for a minor difference.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sundial. Thant is exactly what I was hoping to hear!!! It was not easy for my jeweler to find a "matched" pair of princess cuts and he seemed to be very pleased when he found these. I have reservations because of the square/ rectangle situation. But after what you''ve said I feel alot more positive!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely - If you have nothing to loose by looking at the stones- look!

Please let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results