shape
carat
color
clarity

princess Cut Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

burger59

Rough_Rock
Im looking for a Princess Cut Diamond. I have been looking at all of the helping tools on the site and they are great. But I feel that no matter how long I look at it I will still not understand it all in a short amount of time. So for any of you that enjoy looking at rings please help me out.
33.gif

color H-I
Clarity SI1-VS2
Size .95-1.25

Im looking to spend $3000 or less

What is the best I can get? I have been looking but I dont really understand things like Depth,Fluorescence,Girdle,Measurements

I just want a nice ring for my girlfriend. She really doesnt know much about Diamonds. But if someone that does know something about them comes up to her and wants to see it. I want them to be able to say WOW!!!
26.gif

Thanks for everones help this site is great!!!
35.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am going to play amatuer gemologist here an try and answer some of your questions. There are so many more people that know a lot more than I do so please chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

It would help to know your budget. Also the measurements you spoke of are going to depend on the weight of the stone. For princess cuts I have been told that you may want the ratio to be 1.05 or less if you want a squarer shaped stone. The depth for princesses (I believe) is going to have an effect on the light return (brilliance) of the stone. And something important to consider for princesses is the girld because the corners are prone to chipping. A thicker girdle is supposed to be preferable.

Again...this is basic, basic information. Did you try and plug your #s into the diamond search on this site? That will give you some idea of the costs. Then when you have maybe two or three stones and their specs, you can post the info here for folks to look at.

I am sure (I hope) that others can narrow things even further for you.
1.gif

burger59

Rough_Rock
What is the most important thing to look for in a princess cut ring?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Again, I am giving the "amatuer gemologist" disclaimer. But unlike round brilliants, there are no hard and fast numbers that are going to make a princess an "ideal" stone. Below I am going to post some loose numbers to look for on princesses. I got them some time ago through a search on this web site. AS I said before, these don''t guarantee a great stone, but they are something to look for during your search. Here goes:

Table: 66-76%
Depth: 67-74%
Crown: 10-16%
Length/Width ratio: 1.00 - 1.05

Again, these are VERY LOOSE numbers to keep in my mind. And I re-iterate that I am learning just as much as you are. Hopefully during the week, the traffic on this site will pick up and more people can give input.

Maybe you could use the numbers that I posted above and plug into the search engine on this site. Then you can see what size stone is within your budget. Also go to the Fancy shapes section on this site. It has some good info.

Lastly, if you use the search section and plug in princess, you can find some feedback given to others searching for princess cuts.

Hope this helps a little.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results