shape
carat
color
clarity

princess cut questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cheech

Rough_Rock
What would be good measurments for a .87 I vs1 princess cut? I have no idea what to look for.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock

With the new AGS grading you really need to look at the light performance grade and then look at the stone to see if it''s appealing to your eye. It''s not possible to give you any set(s) of dimensions which will guarantee you a well cut stone.

There are, however, a few things to still keep in mind - avoid thin girdle extremes, especially at the corners...low crown heights (<9%) and focus on the really square stones (unless you particularly like the rectangular shape for some reason).

Good luck!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 7:02:49 PM
Author: DiamondExpert

With the new AGS grading you really need to look at the light performance grade and then look at the stone to see if it''s appealing to your eye. It''s not possible to give you any set(s) of dimensions which will guarantee you a well cut stone.

There are, however, a few things to still keep in mind - avoid thin girdle extremes, especially at the corners...low crown heights (<9%) and focus on the really square stones (unless you particularly like the rectangular shape for some reason).

Good luck!
agreed. i would add that your chances of getting a nice looking stone are better if you keep the table smaller (especially if it is combined with a shallow depth
14.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results