shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut question for princess cut experts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stockfan

Rough_Rock
I know all of you must have talked about the princess cut criteria in one of the posted messages. However, I have had a hard time trying to summarize the info. from each of your posts. I would just like to know a yes or no answer from this. Extra sentences would be great~

AGS 0 ideal cut criteria:

Difference between Table% and depth% must be >5%
Table%: 62-68%
Depth%: 64%-75% C
Crown: >10%
Gridle: M to TH
Symmetry: idea
Polish: idea

I understand that you would still need the 2 pavilion angles and the 2 crown angles to make the final judgement. But let say, by just looking at these data, could we say that this diamond is probably AG0 ideal cut?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2006 1:29:40 PM
Author:stockfan
I know all of you must have talked about the princess cut criteria in one of the posted messages. However, I have had a hard time trying to summarize the info. from each of your posts. I would just like to know a yes or no answer from this. Extra sentences would be great~

AGS 0 ideal cut criteria:

Difference between Table% and depth% must be >5%
Table%: 62-68%
Depth%: 64%-75% C
Crown: >10%
Gridle: M to TH
Symmetry: idea
Polish: idea

I understand that you would still need the 2 pavilion angles and the 2 crown angles to make the final judgement. But let say, by just looking at these data, could we say that this diamond is probably AG0 ideal cut?
Nope. When it comes to princess cuts, if the angles are not attainable (which in most circumstances they aren''t), a 3d model is the best bet and/or an ASET image.

Peace,

stockfan

Rough_Rock
For a beginnering like me, I do not have access to 3D model and ASET image.

Rhino,

So you can''t even say "80%-probable" ideal princess cut diamond even when you look at those data?

Guys,

I think I have enough looking for a AGS0 princess cut....I may go back to the round ones. More info. and easily accessible
32.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Before the AGS princess cuts stockfan, we used to use formula''s akin to what you''ve posted before we''d call in stones for exam.

table < total depth but with the range of proportions you''ve listed for table and total depth you''ve got quite a mixed bag there.

Over time and after calling in many many stones we began to become familiar with which suppliers had the better chances of sending the kind of goodies we were looking for, but even then no guarantee.

When it comes to dropping the kind of $$$ for a diamond on an engagement ring, best bet is not to play russian roulette and bet on chances of it having ideal light performance. KNOW FOR CERTAIN. There are vendors here who can help you ascertain this before the purchase for total peace of mind.

Regards,

stockfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Rhino.

Those ranges of proportions I''ve listed for table and total depth are from the pricescope princess cut chart.
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

I thought I would have to follow it to get the best cut diamond.

Stockfan

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey stockfan,

Sorry for not being able to respond sooner. Yea ... I am familiar with Dave''s princess cut charts. They are the best out there. When you start off with proportions that fall in that zone, and the table is less than total depth you''re off to a good start but in my professional opinion, not enough data to make a multi-thousand dollar decision on. Dave himself would emphasize seeing it as well. Don''t give up your hunt for a superior princess cut. They may be needles in haystacks but when you find one ... they are worth it!

Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results