shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut - Price/Quality- Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rjt130

Rough_Rock
This is a great site. can anyone help me with the following, I plan on buying this stone and I want to make sure it is a reasonable price/quality. How is the cut on this???? Should I be concerned with strong fluoresence? other comments

Price=$5100

Princess
weight=1.06 carat
measurement=5.69x5.58x3.96mm
depth= 71%
table=80%
girdle=extremely thin to thick
polish=very good
symmetry=good
clarity= SI1
color=E
fluorescence= strong blue

THANKS!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OUUUUUUCCCCHHHH. I actually feel pain
7.gif

The med blue is not the problem.
That cut is pretty darn bad.
The depth is nice.
The table is HORRIBLE.
And the X thin girdle tops it off.

Check out gemappraisers.com.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
strong blue means that this stone will have a blue hue to it. some really like the look. only worries would be if the stone has a muddled look becuase of the strong fluoro (only happens very rarely) but, if you haven't seen the stone in person, be sure to ask!! there isn't enough info to really judge the overall cut (crown height, pavillion etc...). but it looks ok for what it is.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
14.gif
Yikes! I thought it was medium flourescence.
OMG- seriously. Run from this stone. And for that quality stone, the price is much too high.
Sorry belle- there is MORE than enough to judge the cut. An 80 table princess, X thin girdle is NEVER a good stone. The crown is going to be SOOOO freakin low.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, mmm, it''s not THAT bad!!! of course rj, could probably do better, but there is certainly MUCH worse out there.

sorry rj, i only answered your fluoro question, but to reiterate what mmm said, the table is big, and you want to stay away from extra anything.....especially if it spans to the other extreme (ie thin to thick, vice versa)

rjt130

Rough_Rock
Thanks

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL Belle.
1.gif
I think it''s bad
39.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm,
you''re on a cushion bling bling bling high!!
emotion-5.gif

rjt130

Rough_Rock
so what is a fair price for this stone?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
go to the top of this page and plug in your #''s..........
make sure you look at similar stones (table > 78, extremely thin girdle etc.) and you should get a good idea of compairisons

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results