shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut - Low Budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stockfan

Rough_Rock
I start a new thread here because I have narrawed down my choice of diamond to princess cut ONLY (I guess my gf would like such a cutting).
By reading through the other posts in this forum, I guess my criteria for the stone would be:

Cut (Most important criteria): AGS-0 -- This is the best according to the threads
Clarity: >VS1 (learned from other posts that this is the least clarity you should be looking for)
Color: As long as the color is not visible to the eye
Carat: 0.6-1c
Sym., Polish, F: (vg-ideal) Does not really matter as long as the diamond sparks~

Budget: My budget will be $4500 for the whole setting. Since I live in Canada, I would have to discount my budget by 25% (tax etc). So the budget for the whole ring will be $3375 CDN.

However, I have searched through PS and couldn''t find a diamond that falls into my budget range. Is my budget too low to get a >0.6 c quality cut princess Diamond?

What do you think? A suggestion on a diamond (with link) would be very much appreciated.

I''m a beginner.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curious about the clarity threshold - Pricescope is quite SI friendly as much as I can tell. And for goof reason.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not insist on the AGS0 part as long there is alternative accounting for cut quality - mostly because there are such few stones with this sort of cut grading!

However, THIS turned up conveniently: .7cts, H/VS2 AGS0 and mighty cute. And a very slightly larger H/VS1 that sounds like it could be AGS0 ('Ideal' finish listed, but not copy of the lab report).

Just an idea. There must be other stones around. E-H/VS2-SI1 would be my 'hunting ground' for a well cut princess diamond
5.gif

stockfan

Rough_Rock
Thank you.
I know there must be some other stones other there. Just that I''m a beginner and I do not know which vendor I should go to for princess cut. To make things complicated, some vendors/online retailer do not ship to Canada, which also limited my search for AGS stone. Others make additional charges ($100) to ship internationally which also limit my interest to shop there.

Sigh...

Anyhow, thank you for introducing me to jamesallen.com. I like its 3D graphics and its selection of diamonds.

Looking foward to seeing more recommendation from other experts in this forum too~

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of shipping to Canada and what not... this diamond will have to be set. Locally? By the seller? How would it work out better for you?

You are not the only Canadian shopping here. You may find a few recent stories on the ''Show me the Ring'' forum with some hints of how the logistics worked out.

Best of luck!
1.gif

Btw. I didn''t look at seller''s websites, but the ''In House'' search here. It pulls in more options across a dozes shops.
38.gif
The ''Search All'' button pulls an even larger database of stones without much data about each though. There are several AGS graded princess cuts. However, look at what sort of AGS report they come in - only a few have cut grades.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
where in Canada are you? I got my upgrade in Toronto in the diamond district and would recommend my guy there...

stockfan

Rough_Rock
I''m from Vancouver, Canada.

The reason I''m starting this thread is because I would want to check whether 2000-3000 can get me a 0.7-1ct ideal princess cut diamond.

According to the information you give me, it is possible
36.gif
I just need to work on the logistics.

Btw, I prefer doing everything online because there are more selections.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results