shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Idealscope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

superj32

Rough_Rock
Hi All- I''ve been doing a lot of research over the last month on princess cut diamonds. I found one that I had a question on- Here it is: 1.5 carats F color, Vs1, depth=65% and the table=59% with a crown height of 14.2% Polish=Excellent, Symmetry=VG. I did recieve an idealscope and I was unsure as to if this was a good one. I can''t get the photo to upload, but there is a significant amount of white on the "X" through the middle of the diamond. The numbers sure look good (at least I think they are good?) on this princess cut, but the idealscope image has me iffy on whether this diamond is a keeper. Any advice would be appreciated as I am new to pricescope, but have been reading quite a few other posts. Also, how reliable is using an idealscope? thanks

superj32

Rough_Rock
Got it to upload- Here it is:

jdiamond32.JPG

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The X is not a big problem - they are not usually readily appearnt to each eye, and the strong light return either side seems to make it work.
I have had a discussion about this with Peter Yantzer from AGS Lab - there are quite a few proportion sets on their cutters guides that result in this effect.

I think the Ideal-scope is in the better catagory, VG, and far better than you would have seen a few years ago, but probably not quite AGS Ideal - but then AGS ideal princess are commanding high prices

superj32

Rough_Rock
Does any one know where to find an ideal AGS princess cut online or anyone that current has them in stock for the 1.2-1.5 carat range, D-G color, VVS1-VS2 clarity?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results