shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Help????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

burger59

Rough_Rock
Please look at these 3 Diamonds and tell me what you think. PLEASE!!!! I need help. All 3 are from Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Has anyone ever and any problems with them? Or does anyone know where I can get a better Diamond at a better price??
Thanks For your help everone has been great!!!!
36.gif

#1)Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 0.91
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Princess

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depth: 72.3%
Table: 72%
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Culet: N
Girdle: M-TK
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.31x5.30x3.84
$2,990

#2) Laboratory: EGL
Carat Weight: 1.01

Depth: 73.4%
Table: 70%
Polish: VG

Girdle: M
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 5.93x 5.11x 3.75
$2,942

#3)Laboratory: EGL
Carat Weight: 0.94
Color: G
Clarity: SI1

Depth: 71.4%
Table: 69%
Polish: VG

Girdle: M
Measurements: 5.69x5.39x3.85
$2,996

burger59

Rough_Rock
Hey One Drop You seem to be pretty sharp on rings. If you were going to buy a 1ct Princess Cut ring what specs would you look for? What bring out that cut the most?? Cut, Color,.....ect

princesslover

Rough_Rock
Are these diamonds they have in stock?

I just got my princss from DCD and Josh arranged to have one diamond sent into the office so they could compare it to another one in their Signature Series.

I talked to both Jim and Josh and they gave me 100% honest advice and even told me they couldn''t tell me which one was prettier - the one for $3800 or the one for $4500!
I ended up taking the more expensive one because it was one colour step higher and a little better SI1, which he examined and sent me pictures of...

You can have a look at my postings of my ring in "show me the ring" , and you''ll se that people can''t stop raving about my beautiful ring!

So, my advice, ask Josh or Jim directly. If they don''t have the stones in stock, ask them to either get them into the office or ask if they can talk to the vendor, who will give them an honest opinion.
The one thing I learned from our buying experience was that you CANNOT judge ANY princess cut based on numbers alone! Thare are too many variables...

princesslover

Rough_Rock
Another thing I just saw, the first diamond is almost a perfect square, which will most likely have a much better light return than the more rectangular ones, who almost always leak more on 2 sides...

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Burger: thanks for the compliment. Actually I am a novice like you which is why I came PS. And because I like princess cuts, I wanted to find out as much as I could about them. Your question is interesting. I can't really give you specifics on what I would look for because it's really a matter of taste sometimes.

As far as the three you listed above, I think #1 looks good. I think posted before that you pay a premium for a 1 carat, so if you get .91 - .99 you may save some $$.

You may want to actually contact DCD to see if the stone is available. And based upon what I have heard about them, they are pretty knowledgeable and helpful.

This is what I would look for in MY princess: a stone that is not too deep, one that is pretty close to square, a nice pavillion angle, and a nice girdle. Beyond the numbers you really have to see the stone. Folks use an Idealscope to determine brilliance and find out if there is light leakage.

AGAIN..I am no expert, but attempting to help you and reading all I can on PS helps me know a little more.

Edited to add: Princesslover I am so glad you chimed in since you purchased your diamond from DCD. Plus your stone is GORGEOUS!
9.gif

burger59

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 10:29:41 PM
Author: onedrop
Burger: thanks for the compliment. Actually I am a novice like you which is why I came PS. And because I like princess cuts, I wanted to find out as much as I could about them. Your question is interesting. I can''t really give you specifics on what I would look for because it''s really a matter of taste sometimes.

As far as the three you listed above, I think #1 looks good. I think posted before that you pay a premium for a 1 carat, so if you get .91 - .99 you may save some $$.

You may want to actually contact DCD to see if the stone is available. And based upon what I have heard about them, they are pretty knowledgeable and helpful.

This is what I would look for in MY princess: a stone that is not too deep, one that is pretty close to square, a nice pavillion angle, and a nice girdle. Beyond the numbers you really have to see the stone. Folks use an Idealscope to determine brilliance and find out if there is light leakage.

AGAIN..I am no expert, but attempting to help you and reading all I can on PS helps me know a little more.

Edited to add: Princesslover I am so glad you chimed in since you purchased your diamond from DCD. Plus your stone is GORGEOUS
9.gif
!

What is a nice girdle on a princess evryone seems to think something different on the princess. Some say not to thin because it can chip and other have said yo want it thin.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2005 5:32:36 AM
Author: burger59

What is a nice girdle on a princess evryone seems to think something different on the princess. Some say not to thin because it can chip and other have said yo want it thin.
There''s always "medium" !
31.gif

''Very thin" is brittle, "thick" eats up material... that''s all I know about this story
34.gif

For any fancy I''d look at two things: size for the money and IdealScope (or something showing optics and the shape of the thing). Just IMO, of course.

princesslover

Rough_Rock
Medium to thick girdle (as in #1) is exactly what I have!

It''s not thick enough to lose mush weight in the middle, and not thin enough to chip easily!
It''s PERFECT!
36.gif

I would get on the phone and ask Josh or Jim asap if #1 is in stock!

burger59

Rough_Rock
I called Dirt Cheap Diamonds and they dont have any pictures to send me of Diamond #1. Now is it a ok Idea just to buy it from the numbers that they give on it or is it a better Idea to pay the extra money for a Signature Diamond, or is that just more of a scam???
26.gif

burger59

Rough_Rock
Here is a Diamond from their Signature Diamonds

Cash Price: $3,100
Shape: Signature Princess
Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: .90
Color: I

Measurements: 5.41x5.27x3.89
Depth: 73.8%
Crown Height: 9.2%
Polish: GD
Symmetry: GD
Culet: None
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Lab Comments: None

Here is the Diamond that I picked that is not Signature.....

Price: $2,990
Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 0.91

Depth: 72.3%
Polish: EX

Girdle: M-TK
Measurements: 5.31x5.30x3.84

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
You may want to look at both of these stones. Signature generally means different things to different vendors. But I wouldn''t consider DCD describing the stone as a "signature" as a scam at all. As I said before they have a very good reputation. If I am not mistaken they are located in Frederick, MD. Are you located anywhere near them? If so, you may want to make a trip down to check out the stones in person. You might be also consider purchasing the stone you like, eyeball it yourself and send it back to them w/in the return time frame if you don''t want it. Or I think you can possibly have them send it to a reputable independent appraiser that they deal with near where you live. Short of all of that, you might consider sending princesslover a private message since she dealt with them for her princess. OR lastly, call them back and discuss the options regarding seeing the stone in person. They deal with internet buyers all the time, so I am sure they have a process set up for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results